• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Battle Server 5 year anniversary article

Sirfetch’d

Spoke with Marcin about the idea and he said to suggest it here. Basically, I think an article covering the 5 years of our server's history could be really fun! It doesn't have to be anything spectacularly long, but possibly cover some of the things such as the shifts from generation 5-7 on Showdown, some of the major tournaments and winners such as PCL and champs from that. I'm sure wolf will have more to add here!

Also, I suggested it in our BS forum, but an anniversary tournament is possible with a gen 2 eshop download as a prize. Will post and confirm if it's happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
This has my support. We could make a compilation of all the major and most interesting events that the battle server or battling community has had over the years (e.g. PCL, Community Days, and official OU tournament). Poke fun at the days when we had a ridiculous amount of voice and staff lol. I'll try to think of some other stuff.

Tournament could be Gen 5, 6, and 7 OU battles in a Best of Three format, because the server was around for each gen. Maybe host a twin tournament with Random formats.

Back