• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Where do you find the EV reducing berries? How do you harvest them in mass quantities?

There only obtainable via Dream World, which doesn't have a US/European release until March 30th iirc, and you won't always get them there, so you can't harvest them in mass quantities hehe tities Or you can always get an Ar.

I saw a poster on Serebii Fourms say that they respawn, but I'm not sure if they are 100% accurate because they aren't official.

Well have you all ready killed it? \: If not, just don't kill it n_n If you already have, defeat the E4 and see does it come back.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017

There only obtainable via Dream World, which doesn't have a US/European release until March 30th iirc, and you won't always get them there, so you can't harvest them in mass quantities hehe tities Or you can always get an Ar.

Well have you all ready killed it? \: If not, just don't kill it n_n If you already have, defeat the E4 and see does it come back.

Yeah, I've already killed it. My Conkeldurr was too strong :/ I'll defeat the Elite 4 and see what happens but I can't for a little bit because I'm too underleveled. I'll keep checking back here to see if anyone knows and I'll message you once I do so you'll know.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Is there a soothe bell in pokemon black/white. if so where do i find it?
To add to Kenshin5's post, you'll need to talk to a woman in a building northwest of the Pokemon Center with a Pokemon at a high happiness in the lead of your party.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
How exactly does Entralink work? I mean, I've done it once with my bro already but I haven't been able to get it to work for a second time. I'm not concerned with the in-game part; like, how do you actually get them to connect? I don't know if I have to be like in a nearby town or if I need to be like in Entralink with them but I don't even know. Can someone please explain step-by-step preferably? ;D;

Years
First, you have to be nearby.
Then, ONE of you (not both!) teleports to the Entralink.
You go to one of the bridges and wait for it to connect.
Once connected, it lets you walk across. Your character sprite will change.
Go to the pedestal in the center and pick a mission. Your character sprite will change again. (possibly even to a Pokémon!)
Touch one of the towns on the map on the bottom screen and you will teleport there. The world is black & white, and lighter/darker depending on the host's game version.
Follow the instructions on your mission.
When done, you get teleported back to your own entralink.

|Torch|

Fire Trainer!
Years
At last i have found it the glorious "simple questions"..

ok well.. idk how this works.. so ill just start spewing out questions xD lol.. anywayz..

1. Shinies is there a forum here that you guys have on them in this new Gen V? because ive heard/read crazy rumors and idk what to believe?.. ive heard..

a. That in the new game there is a 1/50 chance of a shiny in the wild 0_0

b. That if you breed a Japanese Pokemon with a American one you have better odds of getting a shiny! 0_0?!

c. That shinys can only be obtained if you breed correctly?!

So.. i just was curious if this Massive Forums would have a Topic that would have the correct information! Thanks!

2. Seasons in Gen V.

First off.. why in the world does it start out in Autumn?! I'm from North America (California) but why is it when i start and even now that the season = Autumn?!

a. Is it wrong to mess with my DS calendar?!

b. And would it be bad if i changed the month to september instead of march.. would it make a difference?!

c. Is Autumn normal gameplay for the spring time here?!

So was very shocked that the game was so off in that regard.

Lol thats about it if you are angry about all these questions? I will apologize in advanced i didn't really get to read every.. single... reply.. because i don't have lol that kinda time with all the stuff i got going on.

So if just one of you or several could help me out i would much appreciate it! Thanks so much i love these forums! There so... BIG! xD

any complains just email me at [email protected]..

And any answers would be great to read!!!!

alright take care! Bye!

From, Torch!

Last edited:
Years
At last i have found it the glorious "simple questions"..

ok well.. idk how this works.. so ill just start spewing out questions xD lol.. anywayz..

1a. This is false. Still the same as any other version, I believe.
1b. This is true.
1c. You can still find them in the wild. What you cannot get a shiny of is Reshiram, Zekrom and Victini.
2a. Wrong? Depends on your point of view, I guess.
2b. It may make a difference... Let's see. Each season in-game will last a month so...
March - Autumn
April - Winter
May - Spring
June - Summer
July - Autumn
August - Winter
September - Spring
October - Summer
November - Autumn
December - Winter
January - Spring
February - Summer
2c. It is normal, yes.

|Torch|

Fire Trainer!
Years
so is the 1/1000 chance with breeding a japanese pokemon with a american pokemon the statistic for a shiny?! in Gen V or what would it be?!

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2011
Pokemon Global Linking protection against AR players

I was wondering will this pokemon GL have a protection against players who used Action replay. I dont like the ideas where players cheat to increase their pokemon stats.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I decided in this game I would try to EV train Pokemon and make an attempt at the metagame, but I've never done it before. I've been trying to read up on it, and wanted to make sure I was doing this right before I began.

So if I want 255 in two random stats for a Pokemon, is this right? I go train my Pokemon on the one that Serebii says gives the stats, then once it gains every EV, I can Audino grind to get it to level 100. Not like I have instant access to rare candies or anything, and I'll probably be exp. sharing it until I get it high enough to not be required to.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I was wondering will this pokemon GL have a protection against players who used Action replay. I dont like the ideas where players cheat to increase their pokemon stats.

I'm not really sure - I don't think they can control that, but I merged with Simple Questions to see if someone can give you a straight answer. :)

Years
Actually I think it's changed in this game, I was ev'ing my Meinshao (Or however you spell it) and his stats were going up each time I received Ev points, I think it adds on when you defeat the Pokemon, cause when he leveled up he only got +3 in speed. \:

Ev reducing berries are only from the Dream World or cheating.
yeah in BW stats are recalculated at the end of every battle, NOT during level up. But I think I've killed at least 100 roggenrola by now and stats only went up by 1 defense the entire time, so I don't know what the problem is D:

and repeating my previous question: does the EV multiplying effect last after pokerus goes away?

Kendosis

Gym Leader
Years

Yes there will be protection against cheaters. Although players may be able to still use AR to alter their Pokemon they will not be able to use them online or interact with any other players with the edited Pokemon.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I've been looking for TM26 for ages now, serebii says its on the first floor of the relic castle as soon as you enter but I can't seem to find it. I've check through places like where volcarona is but I still can't find it. :(

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I've been looking for TM26 for ages now, serebii says its on the first floor of the relic castle as soon as you enter but I can't seem to find it. I've check through places like where volcarona is but I still can't find it. :(

Go on the way to Volcarona and go in different rooms you will reach a pathway that goes to some stairs. Once you reach the top you find Earthquake.

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2011
A slightly different region compatibility question

So I will be living in Japan for another few months before moving back to the UK, but after a nostalgia trip I want to play pokemon again. There are loads of questions re: region compatibility in the FAQ, but they don't answer my specific question:

if I use a compatible DS system (Japanese DSi or UK DS) with a Japanese version of the game, BUT I PLAY IN THE UK, can I do everything I normally could?

i saw there were cross-generation language limitations, but can my japanese black/white trade with an english black/ white? i also want to take full advantage of wifi connectivity, will that still be okay?

thanks!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So I will be living in Japan for another few months before moving back to the UK, but after a nostalgia trip I want to play pokemon again. There are loads of questions re: region compatibility in the FAQ, but they don't answer my specific question:

if I use a compatible DS system (Japanese DSi or UK DS) with a Japanese version of the game, BUT I PLAY IN THE UK, can I do everything I normally could?

i saw there were cross-generation language limitations, but can my japanese black/white trade with an english black/ white? i also want to take full advantage of wifi connectivity, will that still be okay?

thanks!

Merged with Simple Questions. I know the Japanese versions can trade with the English versions, butttt not too sure about the top one, so leaving that for someone else to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back