• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
This question is going to be pretty broad, but I can't find a good place to ask it so I might as well try here.

1. Where can I find tools that I can use to hack 1st generation Pokemon games?
2. Also, if people are willing to help me this far, do you know of any useful tutorials for the recommended programs?

I'm just starting out on hacking 1st generation and I can't find much help for it, so hopefully you guys can help me out.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
No I don't hack those games I have shiny gold,so I want to upgrade it with some hacks...

Then...1. Why do you need DP Pokemon?
2. There's no MissingNo. in Shiny Gold...
3. Why edit Rock Smash Pokemon?
4. Why do you need an emerald map in SG? It would screw up the events, and I'm taking it you probably aren't going to script.

cuplampghosthunt

<--I don't know what this is
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2012
Okay, so anyway while I was working on my hack I decided to start a new game to test a script I had inserted at the beginning, and I noticed that when I try to load the game in Visual Boy Advance it freezes on startup. However, it can still load saved games. Also, Visual Boy Advance has no trouble starting up other games, and it was able to load the ROM before.

I did not change anything at all since it last worked, all I did was edit Smoochum's stats in poke-edit pro and add in a few signposts and a person who could only be talked to, nothing else.

Does anyone know what I could have done to screw up my game? Any help would be appreciated, if anyone has any clue on what to do.

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2011
On pokemon quartz (not pc version on an actual rom) my map doesnt work and i cant find my way around without it can some one plz help or tell me if this is an old beta.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
1.on pokemon shinygold haunter can evolve to genger without trade(with level up)and all of the rest trade pokemon can do that?
2.how can I take a missingo and replace it with a dp pokemon?(someone told me that there are no missingos in shinygold but after the celebi there are ? pokemons,so why don't use them as a dp pokemon...
thanks!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
1.on pokemon shinygold haunter can evolve to genger without trade(with level up)and all of the rest trade pokemon can do that?
2.how can I take a missingo and replace it with a dp pokemon?(someone told me that there are no missingos in shinygold but after the celebi there are ? pokemons,so why don't use them as a dp pokemon...
thanks!

There are tuts for doing the 2nd question all over the Documents and Tutorial Section. Look there carefully

As for the first thing, it has been answered in the Shiny Gold Help Thread. Yes, Trade Evolving Pokemon evolve differently in ShinyGold.

Years
I'm hacking Pokemon Gold, and I'm making a Special Pikachu Edition remake.
Well, that's what I want to do, but currently, it's just a Red/Blue remake.

I want to put the Blue/Red songs in Gold.

What is the music offset for each?

Years
I recently switched to XSE, but I still don't get how to insert the script. Do I have to go do it the same way (which isn't working for me) or is there some alternate method?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back