• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2012
I'm using Pokemon Emerald, I placed some warps down on each maps that I wanted to warp too, but when I walk into them it just sends me into a black map.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
I'm using Pokemon Emerald, I placed some warps down on each maps that I wanted to warp too, but when I walk into them it just sends me into a black map.

If you open the map in Advance Map, does the map look fine there? If it does, try resizing the map as 1 block bigger in width and height, save and then return the map back to normal and save. If it doesn't, open a clean ROM, find a map that uses the same tileset, go to Block Editor, go to Blocks, Save Tileset 1, then open your edited ROM and go to Block Editor, then Blocks - Load Tileset 1.

There may be something else wrong, but it is worth a try with one of these first.

Liquid Twilight

Super Geek
Years
Just a quick question.

How well recieved are hacks with pokemon fusions in them?

I have seen some pokemon fusions in the pixel art sections and I have loads of ideas for fusions myself, I'm just not sure how they would be recieved by the community, and would the entire idea of pokemon fusions in a hack be considered stealing the idea from the first person that thought of doing fusions? Or is it more the quality of the work as with all other hacks?

Can I get some opinions, is it worth me doing a fusions hack?

Years
After i load Pokemon Emerald in my Sappy 2005(2006 is gay), it searches a table.
Then it's done. I only see one song that is named "Main". Played it, it sounded like a cold beep....did i do any wrong? What was it supposed to be?

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2011
Are there any tools or methods other than A-trainer for creating a trainer in Pokemon Fire Red? Whenever I've tried to download it, my McAfee always thinks it's a Trojan and removes it.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Carrotts said:
Are there any tools or methods other than A-trainer for creating a trainer in Pokemon Fire Red? Whenever I've tried to download it, my McAfee always thinks it's a Trojan and removes it.

Try PET. It's another tool that serves the same purpose as A-Trainer

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
I started my Fire Red ROM Hack today and added the 3 starters and their evolutions via YAPE and Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor. Then I edited their battle positioning via Advanced Pokemon Sprite Position Editor. When I open my ROM via VBA, it is a white screen, nobody else seems to be having this problem and this has never happened to me before on test hacks, What could be causing this? Please help me.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014

And here we go again.
Don't care what McAfee tells you. Disable it, download A-Trainer and use it. After that enable McAfee again.

Yea, I've used A-Trainer and it's not a virus. But if you still don't want to use it PET will work fine.

Daylight Savings Time

Fall back, spring ahead.
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2012
Interesting question and I struggled searching for it because of the phrasing -

In my FR hack, I'd like to assign ???-type moves to use the Special Attack stat. I have read on Bulbapedia that ??? moves are not tied to Special or Attack, so I'm curious if there's a little piece of hex somewhere that I could edit and make it so ??? is actually viable as a type?

Sorry for the convoluted method of asking! Been Googling for the last hour trying to find this out.

Liquid Twilight

Super Geek
Years
@Daylight Savings Time - I recently noticed that there is a patch to apply to fire red that includes the Diamond and Pearl physical and special split. This allows you the edit the bytes of the move specifically in a hex editor for what type (physical / special) you want the move to be. Hopefully you can set a move to be a ??? type and still change the byte that defines the type of attack. I can't post links until I have 15 or more posts but it is in the R&D section and the thread is called The 4th gen class split in 3rd gen, and it is by JJames19119.

Kind of an odd request. I was going to properly start hacking today so I went to boot RS Ball with Fire Red to dump the full pokemon images set but it wouldn't boot. My version is either horribly outdated or I'm using an incorrect rom.

My request is if someone can either link me the most recent RS Ball that supports pokemon fire red (so I can test if its my rom that is incorrect) or if someone can dump the graphics of the pokemon (front and back sprites) and trainers (front and back sprites) from pokemon fire red, zip them and link me to them.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
@Daylight Savings Time - I recently noticed that there is a patch to apply to fire red that includes the Diamond and Pearl physical and special split. This allows you the edit the bytes of the move specifically in a hex editor for what type (physical / special) you want the move to be. Hopefully you can set a move to be a ??? type and still change the byte that defines the type of attack. I can't post links until I have 15 or more posts but it is in the R&D section and the thread is called The 4th gen class split in 3rd gen, and it is by JJames19119.

Kind of an odd request. I was going to properly start hacking today so I went to boot RS Ball with Fire Red to dump the full pokemon images set but it wouldn't boot. My version is either horribly outdated or I'm using an incorrect rom.

My request is if someone can either link me the most recent RS Ball that supports pokemon fire red (so I can test if its my rom that is incorrect) or if someone can dump the graphics of the pokemon (front and back sprites) and trainers (front and back sprites) from pokemon fire red, zip them and link me to them.

Any help would be much appreciated.
The latest version of RS Ball (which supports FR) comes with the EliteMap package; http://helmet.kafuka.org/filebin/elitemap37.zip

Though might I suggest using some newer tools rather than those in that package. They are very old.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
is there a tool out there that can alter the moves of pokemon besides attack editor pro?
id like to change the name of the move and the pp of it.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
masterquestmq said:
is there a tool out there that can alter the moves of pokemon besides attack editor pro?
id like to change the name of the move and the pp of it.

Well, there is A-tak...I'm not sure if it will help you (I have never used it before) but its worth a shot...

Q: Does anyone know where I can find resized B/W and DPPt/HGSS trainer sprites?

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2022
Hey guys, I just got into all this ROM Hacking bidness and I'm loving it so far, but I am having a problem. I'm trying to replace a Pokemon sprite with Link from Legend of Zelda via unLZ. Unfortunately, when I put Link in the game, his sprite looks half glitchy, like he and MissingNo. had an unholy baby. Any tips on fixing this? Thanks guys!

Learath2

Scripter
Years
Hey guys, I just got into all this ROM Hacking bidness and I'm loving it so far, but I am having a problem. I'm trying to replace a Pokemon sprite with Link from Legend of Zelda via unLZ. Unfortunately, when I put Link in the game, his sprite looks half glitchy, like he and MissingNo. had an unholy baby. Any tips on fixing this? Thanks guys!

Hmm in game where excatly and you inserted link as a pokemon if i am correct. What kind of glitchy like colors messed up then did you fix the palette. Did you fix height and width ?

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years

did u indexed the sprite and make usre that its 64x64 pixels???
if no , index it and insert it again in a clean rom to test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back