• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackTheRipper

MISSINGNO. IS WATCHING YOU...
Years
I've seen multi-choice messageboxes mentioned in only one place and that's thex4's scripting tut, but it didn't say how to do it, so my question is: is it possible to/how do you make scripts involving a messagebox where you have the option of answering out of a choice of options - not yes and no but something like:

"Hello, where would you like to go?"

*Pallet town
*Pewter city
*Celadon city
*Cinnabar island

And you choose one, thus setting a number 0-3 to LASTRESULT depending on your answer.

Is this possible and if so, how? Thanks a lot.

Yep it is.
Have you played FR/LG? The boatsmen asks you where would you like to go and then you pick from three options and he takes you there. Go look for the script on Advance Map. He's at Vermillion City.

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2008
Does anyone know of a good program to edit the Pokemon that trainer/gym leaders have, which isn't PET? That one doesn't work for me.

And is there any way that I can make a Route attach to a city it doesn't normally go to? Like in Fire Red, make Route 3 come out of the right side of Viridian instead?

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I'm looking for a wild pokemon editor for Pokemon Crystal, does anyone know where I can find it?
Crysmap might be able to do that, I don't quite remember.

You can also edit them in hex. 02A5E9 (in Crystal) starts a list of wild Pokemon and their locations, in the following format:
[2-byte map number]
[wild Pokemon ratio morn][wild Pokemon ratio day][wild Pokemon ratio nite]
[level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species] (morn)
[level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species] (day)
[level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species] (nite)

The list continues this way until you reach a FF for the first byte, which signifies the end of the list.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
Does anyone know of a good program to edit the Pokemon that trainer/gym leaders have, which isn't PET? That one doesn't work for me.

And is there any way that I can make a Route attach to a city it doesn't normally go to? Like in Fire Red, make Route 3 come out of the right side of Viridian instead?

PET. The Best thing you have.

Trainer Edit. Also a secondary choice.

Hex- Sometimes.

Advance Map, Route COnnections :\.

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2012
Help

3 questions,

1) is there any way i can make someone give you a togepi egg earlier in the game, like in pewter city or something

2) is there any way i can make you start in cerulean city and get your pokemon from there ect

3) how can i add rivals into the game like on pokemon shiny gold, and make a battle pop up randomly were it didnt used to be

i am hacking pokemon fire red,

i'd appreciate my questions being answered
cheers,

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2008
Hex editor HELP!!!!

I need help hacking the intro of the pokemon advance gen games where proffesor birch is talking to you using a hex editor.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
There's a hacking section somewhere on this forum, this isnt the right place to ask.

ckk

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2009
ok here it is
I've searched the forums and i cant find anything related to this
i want to find a scripting very good tutorial that explains stuff like making a sprite move to a certain area when u go on a certain block and other advance stuff like that
i dont care wat the compiler is btw

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
ok here it is
I've searched the forums and i cant find anything related to this
i want to find a scripting very good tutorial that explains stuff like making a sprite move to a certain area when u go on a certain block and other advance stuff like that
i dont care wat the compiler is btw

go to the documents and tutorials and you'll find a LOT of scripting tutorials, especially thethethethe's scripting tutorial. ;)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Stuff like that goes in the emulation section.
just look at the documents and tutorials and you will find out how to do it.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Two questions about fire red,

1.How do you change the pokemon that appear iwhen you look at your party(ex.the ones that move thats right beside their name)?

2.How do you add more moves without replacing the old ones?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

1.How do you change the pokemon that appear iwhen you look at your party(ex.the ones that move thats right beside their name)?

1. you need the hacking tool called IconEd to edit those icons. I have a tutorial on how to do so.

2. better ask thethethethe about that matter. you need to do so with hex. ;)

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years

For two, you'd need to repoint all of the attack information. Then just append a new attack onto the end of the current data.

It's a pain in the ass to repoint though; so many pointers... I tried, but it screwed everything up. You should just replace all the awful moves, like I did (y'know, stuff like Wrap, Bubble, Mega Kick, Sky Attack... there's loads of horrible moves).

I've asked before, but how do create new item/ability/attack effects (mostly want to know about items). I know berries in particular have two bytes in their item data (byte 18 and 19) that tell them what effect they have.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
I am having a problem with a sand route in Fire Red. I would like to have wild pokemon but Grass will not work. How would I get wild pokemon into a sand route?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back