Seventh Generation Alola, trainers! Come discuss the latest generation in the Pokémon series with us! This includes Sun & Moon as well as Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon.

Ad Content
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old August 20th, 2018 (1:09 PM). Edited August 20th, 2018 by Dusk Mane Koopa.
Dusk Mane Koopa's Avatar
Dusk Mane Koopa Dusk Mane Koopa is offline
"Are you SCARED"?
     
    Join Date: Aug 2018
    Age: 15
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 41
    Story time!
    Well, I caught Delibird in a Great Ball (apparently poisoning didn't work, but paralysis did). I also managed to evolve my Abra, Keanu, into a Kadabra for Hala's trial. But I wanted to evolve it even further, into an Alakazam-- at level 16, no less. The sensible thing would be to ask a friend or close colleague to trade.
    I did not do the sensible thing.
    I went to Festival Plaza and traded with a random stranger on the Internet named Chepe97. Once I had given him Keanu and taken a Pinsir in return, I offered to trade the Pinsir back to him. But he said he would like to see my other Pokmon. I insisted he take Pinsir back, but he canceled the trade and did not return.
    I just lost my newly-evolved Alakazam forever-- and he's probably gone and traded it back away again. Right now, the best thing I can do is catch another Abra and take the sensible route-- but it won't be quite the same, and the worst thing is that it's my fault. Hala, I'll have to hold off on you. And Chepe97-- whoever you are, I'll have my revenge.

    Edit: Currently grinding another Abra. I have faith in this one-- she's Timid, while the other was Bashful.
    Double edit: Pursuit is really annoying.
    Reply With Quote
      #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old August 20th, 2018 (1:58 PM). Edited August 20th, 2018 by Calzone407.
    Calzone407's Avatar
    Calzone407 Calzone407 is offline
    Life is a conundrum of esoterica
       
      Join Date: Jun 2018
      Location: Not Delaware
      Age: 13
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Jolly
      Posts: 830
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by W.T. Koopa View Post
      Story time!
      Well, I caught Delibird in a Great Ball (apparently poisoning didn't work, but paralysis did). I also managed to evolve my Abra, Keanu, into a Kadabra for Hala's trial. But I wanted to evolve it even further, into an Alakazam-- at level 16, no less. The sensible thing would be to ask a friend or close colleague to trade.
      I did not do the sensible thing.
      I went to Festival Plaza and traded with a random stranger on the Internet named Chepe97. Once I had given him Keanu and taken a Pinsir in return, I offered to trade the Pinsir back to him. But he said he would like to see my other Pokmon. I insisted he take Pinsir back, but he canceled the trade and did not return.
      I just lost my newly-evolved Alakazam forever-- and he's probably gone and traded it back away again. Right now, the best thing I can do is catch another Abra and take the sensible route-- but it won't be quite the same, and the worst thing is that it's my fault. Hala, I'll have to hold off on you. And Chepe97-- whoever you are, I'll have my revenge.

      Edit: Currently grinding another Abra. I have faith in this one-- she's Timid, while the other was Bashful.
      Double edit: Pursuit is really annoying.
      Whenever you need to evolve it, i need to evolve one meself, we can trade them for evolution
      __________________

      Watch me on the tubes! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCcvEBrEeprmwf-csVTLH-jw
      Reply With Quote
        #3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old August 20th, 2018 (3:31 PM).
      Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
       
      Join Date: Mar 2011
      Location: Australia
      Age: 26
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Quirky
      Posts: 50,252
      Nice that you got a new Abra with a much better nature. Sorry to hear about your experience though, but when people say "I want to see other Pokemon" or something like that, it's a sign that they are just showing off.

      Remember that our traders tend to be more trustworthy, so do consult TC if you need help with evolution.
      __________________
      Gone forever for personal reasons.
      Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

      http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/
      Reply With Quote
        #4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old August 21st, 2018 (12:28 AM).
      HeroLinik's Avatar
      HeroLinik HeroLinik is offline
      To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
       
      Join Date: Apr 2017
      Location: UK, happy now?
      Age: 21
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Timid
      Posts: 727
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Hikamaru View Post
      but when people say "I want to see other Pokemon" or something like that, it's a sign that they are just showing off.
      This has been a problem since last gen. Whenever you're online, people are just going to spam you trade requests, just for the express purpose of flexing their (most likely blatantly hacked) myths and shinies. It's probably so they can show that they're "better" and "cooler" than the person they're trading with while they probably laugh behind the screen at the poor player who got sucked into this trade. In the end, it's best to just decline rogue trades like this...honestly I hate it when people drag people into trades just to flex.
      __________________

      Signature banner made by tokyodrift.

      3DS FC: 5301-2379-3187 | Switch FC: 5938-0388-8577
      IGNs: X: Bowser | AS: Bowser | Moon: Link | Ultra Moon: HeroLinik | Let's Go Eevee: HeroLinik
      My Friend Safari is Water and it contains Octillery, Frogadier and Wartortle.

      Watch me do stuff on the YouTubes
      Reply With Quote
        #5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old August 21st, 2018 (5:31 AM).
      Calzone407's Avatar
      Calzone407 Calzone407 is offline
      Life is a conundrum of esoterica
         
        Join Date: Jun 2018
        Location: Not Delaware
        Age: 13
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Jolly
        Posts: 830
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by HeroLinik View Post
        This has been a problem since last gen. Whenever you're online, people are just going to spam you trade requests, just for the express purpose of flexing their (most likely blatantly hacked) myths and shinies. It's probably so they can show that they're "better" and "cooler" than the person they're trading with while they probably laugh behind the screen at the poor player who got sucked into this trade. In the end, it's best to just decline rogue trades like this...honestly I hate it when people drag people into trades just to flex.
        You wouldn't believe how many times this has happened to me. Generally speaking i will decline their trade requests, unless I submit one they are it, and want to trade, I end communication because they took to long, and then the request to trade with me.
        __________________

        Watch me on the tubes! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCcvEBrEeprmwf-csVTLH-jw
        Reply With Quote
          #6   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old August 24th, 2018 (1:27 PM).
        tokyodrift's Avatar
        tokyodrift tokyodrift is offline
         
        Join Date: Jul 2011
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Sassy
        Posts: 3,343
        This one of the reasons why I never use Festival Plaza especially with those who I don’t know.
        Reply With Quote
        Reply

        Quick Reply

        Join the conversation!

        Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

        Create a PokéCommunity Account
        Ad Content
        Thread Tools

        Posting Rules
        You may not post new threads
        You may not post replies
        You may not post attachments
        You may not edit your posts

        BB code is On
        Smilies are On
        [IMG] code is On
        HTML code is Off

        Forum Jump


        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:40 PM.