Roleplay Theatre The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!

Ad Content

#1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 2 Weeks Ago (4:56 AM).
press start to play_

Nature: Naive
In case you're one of those people who RP less now than before :)
  #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 2 Weeks Ago (5:17 AM).

Nature: Lax
The only thing that stopped me was dying RPs.
I cant stand that feeling of getting excited for what's to come and planning ahead, only to see it die before you clear the first hurdle. Seems to be a never ending cycle. Maybe if the right project comes along at the right time, with enough incentive to keep people to stick it out through to the end...but my love for RPing doesn't outweigh my frustration at an unfinished project anymore

Friends for Infinity
RPT | Pairs

"It's so calm."

art by the amazing Infinite
  #3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 2 Weeks Ago (5:44 AM).
press start to play_

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shak View Post
The only thing that stopped me was dying RPs.
I cant stand that feeling of getting excited for what's to come and planning ahead, only to see it die before you clear the first hurdle. Seems to be a never ending cycle. Maybe if the right project comes along at the right time, with enough incentive to keep people to stick it out through to the end...but my love for RPing doesn't outweigh my frustration at an unfinished project anymore
I hear you :/ I'm discouraged from being a GM much these days because of the feelings of guilt and frustration when my RPs die. In some ways it's worse when you're not the GM - then you're pretty helpless.
  #4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 1 Week Ago (8:47 AM).
Meow, purr purr.

More time, more plots? Guess that's more on myself.
RPs dying is a natural sad constant :(
  #5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 4 Days Ago (3:19 PM).

A small scale story I could really get into with people with similar creative interests as me, I think. I don't think it was bad in any way, but I did realize that a lot of times I lost interest because people had wildly different views of what a story could be, and what influences to bring into it.
  #6   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 1 Day Ago (9:11 AM). Edited 1 Day Ago by IcyIce.
Fictional Writer.

Nature: Quiet
    You know, what has stopped me is a lot of RPs tend to die, especially when they are huge RPs, that don't seem to have an end, or will take a long time to get to that point.

So what would get me back into RPing more?

Back when ORAS was first announced, there was a RP called "Hoenn Grand Festival." It was a very short RP that lasted for a month or so, but everyone that was in it, loved doing it. It had an ending. Even if you weren't the winner and came in the Top 5 or so, like I did, your character had a sense of completion. It was fun to do and we go a badge on our profile for taking part in it.

I think what would get a lot of people back into RPing are those small RPs that end within a month of starting. It doesn't have to be a Contest in Hoenn, it could be a Battle Royal Tournament in Alola where you can only use one pokemon. That to me would just be awesome to see again and maybe once people felt that sense of completion like I did, they would see an RP to its end.
      #7   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 1 Day Ago (10:35 AM).

Nature: Adamant
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IcyIce View Post
    Snip
    I loved that event!! I actually have been intending to bring either it, or something similar, back to the section for a while now because I really want to capture that again.

I've also been planning to start doing something I'm calling "Scenario RPs", which will basically be very short RPs confined to a single, resolvable situation.

So there should be some stuff for you to enjoy coming in the near future.
      #8   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 1 Day Ago (10:44 AM).
    ...blasting off again!

Nature: Sassy
    I use to do a lot of role playing back in the day but now it seems like it's way to much work. It seems as if you need to have a small story just for the character you're making and to me that's just not something I wanna have to worry about just let it come out in the role play if necessary. The other thing that turned me off after awhile was having to do walls of texts and then reading everyone else's wall of texts.

But that's just me.

[Shiny Living Dex 531]

Quick Reply