Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.

Ad Content

#26   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 1 Week Ago (1:56 PM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ziko577 View Post
    I found a bug that when I evolved my Frogadier into Greninja, not only did the game freeze up with the music still playing but the sprite for Greninja glitched out a bit.
    Huh, that's strange. I used a Froakie during my initial test playthrough and didn't have an issue like this, I'll try and see if I can replicate this bug. Did it happen on the evolution screen, like right when Frogadier finished evolving?
      #27   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 1 Week Ago (2:03 PM).

UPDATE: ROM has been updated with a few minor fixes.
      -Thief has 60 power, as it did in Gen 6.
      -Minimize and Growth have had their PP increased to 20 and 40 respectively, matching the PP they had before the buffs to their effects (as they use their pre-buffed effects in Kalos Crystal).
      -Fixed a graphical glitch when an opponent uses Struggle Bug on a Pokemon with a tall sprite.
      -Petal Tower entry text is now correct.
      -Fixed some minor spelling errors.

The patch in the download has been replaced with the updated patch. This should have no effect on saves created on the previous patch.
        #28   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 1 Week Ago (2:15 PM).

Quote:
        I found a bug that when I evolved my Frogadier into Greninja, not only did the game freeze up with the music still playing but the sprite for Greninja glitched out a bit.
        Hey, just out of curiosity, did you evolve the Frogadier using a Rare Candy, or in battle?
          #29   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 1 Week Ago (2:34 PM).

Quote:
          Okay, I did some debugging. I managed to get the glitch you described to occur, not just on Greninja, but on Chesnaught as well. It happened when I used a Rare Candy to evolve the Pokemon, but not when I used experience gain to evolve. In addition, when I used a Rare Candy to evolve AFTER I'd already been in battle with a wild Pokemon, it evolved just fine. It was only when I hadn't been in battle yet that the Rare Candy evolution caused the glitch.

Did this glitch occur during normal gameplay? I'm wondering if it may have to do with the evolution trying to register in the Pokedex, but having issues since no other Pokemon have been seen yet. Then again, if it occurred for you during normal gameplay, I may be way off with my guess.
            #30   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old 1 Week Ago (6:21 AM).
          PkmnTrainer

Nature: Jolly
            I finally decided to try the hack out yesterday. I've really been enjoying it! Great work Azure! :)
              #31   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old 1 Week Ago (8:14 AM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by PkmnTrainerKonner View Post
              I finally decided to try the hack out yesterday. I've really been enjoying it! Great work Azure! :)
              Thanks, glad you like it!
                #32   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old 1 Week Ago (6:18 PM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Azure_Keys View Post
                Okay, I did some debugging. I managed to get the glitch you described to occur, not just on Greninja, but on Chesnaught as well. It happened when I used a Rare Candy to evolve the Pokemon, but not when I used experience gain to evolve. In addition, when I used a Rare Candy to evolve AFTER I'd already been in battle with a wild Pokemon, it evolved just fine. It was only when I hadn't been in battle yet that the Rare Candy evolution caused the glitch.

Did this glitch occur during normal gameplay? I'm wondering if it may have to do with the evolution trying to register in the Pokedex, but having issues since no other Pokemon have been seen yet. Then again, if it occurred for you during normal gameplay, I may be way off with my guess.
                Yeah it was with Rare Candy. I guess I'll just use the candy before it evolves then level it to evolve to avoid this from happening. I only did this because I'm taking it out to replace it with a better Pokemon anyway.
                  #33   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old 1 Week Ago (10:43 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by PkmnTrainerKonner.
                PkmnTrainer

Nature: Jolly
                  What level does Gurdurr evolve? Also to whoever mentioned Alola Emerald there's already a hack like that called Moon Emerald which isn't advertised on this forum at all to my knowledge. Maybe a future Fire Red and/or Leaf Green Alola hack could be possible though? That would probably be better since all the Alolan forms are Kanto-native Pokemon.
                    #34   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old 1 Week Ago (11:18 AM).

Quote:
                    What level does Gurdurr evolve? Also to whoever mentioned Alola Emerald there's already a hack like that called Moon Emerald which isn't advertised on this forum at all to my knowledge. Maybe a future Fire Red and/or Leaf Green Alola hack could be possible though? That would probably be better since all the Alolan forms are Kanto-native Pokemon.
                    I just looked that up a sec ago. It's pretty much what this is but will a huge chunk of Pokemon from a bunch of different gens and all the QoL changes that we expect in the hacks these days. I recommend it as it has some great sprites of the Alola mons as well as the forms.
                      #35   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old 6 Days Ago (2:49 PM).

Quote:
                      Gurdurr evolves at 40. I'm not 100% sure on what I'll move onto after Kalos Crystal, though the disassemblies I'd been using aren't quite finished for the Gen 3 games. Will look into this other hack though, thanks!

Quick Reply