• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Updated B/W RMT..

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
Hey again, so this will be my 3rd RMT now, and it's basically what I think is a refined version of my previous team, but I still think it has quite a few flaws and need you guys to give me some help! Any CC would be greatly appreciated!

472.gif

Gliscor@ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
Poison Heal
Ice Fang - Earthquake - Swords Dance - Protect
252 HP | 184 Def | 72 Spe

My lead, this new Ev spread is so much better than the old Sand Veil 252Hp | 252 Spe spread, the extra Def Ev's have made him stay in much more longer along with Poision Heal. Protect is there to scout for the oh so common HP Ice etc and activate the Toxic Orb, Swords Dance can make him quite scary once he has +1 or 2 under his belt and Ice Fang and Earthquake provide good coverage.

121.gif

Starmie@ Life Orb
Timid Nature
Natural Cure
Thunderbolt - Ice Beam - Surf - Psychic
6 Special Defense | 252 Special Attack | 252 Speed

Great type variety helps me alot, and decided to switch Choice Specs for Life Orb so I can abuse all the coverage even more now still with some added power in there. One of my many special attackers, not so much as a sweeper really, just there to annoy and force the opponent to switch out to avoid getting a super effective in the face.

635.gif

Hydreigon@ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
Levitate
Dragon Pulse - Dark Pulse - Flamethrower - Focus Blast
6Hp | 252 Sp.Atk | 252 Spe

My badboy choiced pokemon, I ran modest because the scarf makes up for lost speed. He can also make a good revenge killer along with Jolteon with the Scarf. And also again like Starmie his has a wide type coverage which is nice.

205.gif

Forretress @leftovers
Relaxed Nature
Sturdy
Spikes - Volt Switch - Stealth Rock - Rapid Spin
252 Hp | 252 SpD | 4Def

My wall and SR'er, working pretty well now, alot better than my old one Ferrothorn since so many people have a counter for him. He's also my Rapid Spinner so quite a crucial guy in such long battles so try to keep him in as long as possible, however he can end up been setup fodder, so I've whacked Volt Switch on him over Gyro Ball to get out as fast as possible.

212.gif

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Technician
Swords Dance - Bullet Punch - Brick Break - X-Scissor
6 Hp | 252 Atk | 252 Spd

My main sweeper, well that is if he has the time to set up properly, not many thingscan survive a SD booster, technician boosted, STAB boosted Bullet punch without loosing a fair chunk of health. I've managed to produce a fair amount of sweeps with this guy so I'm tempted to keep him over the 'bench' pokemon down below, it's just the x4 fire weakness him and Forretress possess which makes me think that could really puncture my team if say Starmie was out.

135.gif

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
Volt Absorb
HP Ice - Shadow Ball - Thunderbolt - Volt Switch
4Hp | 252 Sp.Atk | 252 Spe

And finally my cleaner, outspeeds most things and makes a decent revenge killer, HP Ice to surprise any other Gliscor and Dragon types, Shadow Ball gives needed coverage whilst T-Bolt gives great STAB and Volt Switch helps me escape attacks which Jolt is to frail to take.

That's my current team as of now. But I feel it lacks synthergy and also, extreamly fire weak with me having two pokemon
x4 weak to it. x_x So here are my 'bench' pokemon at the moment, not sure whether to add them into the team yet.

392.gif

Infernape @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Blaze
Close Combat – U-Turn - Overheat – Mach Punch
6 Hp | 252 Atk | 252 Spd

534.gif

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers / Flame Orb
Adamant Nature
Guts
Bulk Up - Mach Punch -Drain Punch - Payback
120 HP | 252 Atk | 136 SpD
^ These two would most probably replace Scizor..

And that's it as of now, I'll make it all much easier to read later on, any comments are appreciated, thanks! :)

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Running all 3 entry hazards on Forretress leaves it as setup fodder. Personally I'd use this:
-Spikes
-Toxic Spikes/Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake/Gyro Ball/Volt Switch
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/80 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy

Since 4 Pokemon (Galvantula and the 3 Musketeers) have the same Speed as Infernape, it's best to use Hasty or Naive to at least tie with them, while not sacrificing Overheat's power.

Also, the backup Gliscor set is better off as Impish.

Calamity

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
Yeah I messed that set up, he actually has Gyro Ball over Toxic Spikes I'll re-edit that. And Infernape is just a thought due to both Scizor & Forretress been x4 weak to fire but I know what you mean about his average speed, still faster than Scizor though...

Calamity

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
I know bumpings not cool, but I'd really aprreciate some more comments please, any tips or help whatsoever guys. :)

Snorelacks

With a physical Infernape, you're better off with Jolly and Flare Blitz over Overheat. Just saying.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
With a physical Infernape, you're better off with Jolly and Flare Blitz over Overheat. Just saying.

It's not physical though. Overheat lets it deal with Physical walls. I'm not an Infernape user though. It needs either Naive or Hasty so Overheat doesn't reduce in power.

4 out of 6 Pokemon on your team either have a choice item or have a LO. Which can be bad.

Conkeldurr can wreck teams after a few Bulk ups. <: But I'd go Leftovers > Flame Orb. It'll just whittle away at your Hp and become a pain. I'd rather let Guts activate on it's own accord after being inflicted with a status by an opponent.

Gliscor doesn't run 4/252/252 anymore, it runs 252 Hp / 180 Def / 72 Spe @Poison Heal and Toxic Orb IIRC.

The sets I'm not to sure on since Gliscor has quite a few, Swords Dance, Ice Fang, Earthquake, Facade, Protect, Fling, Substitute and Acrobatics are it's best moves.

You could always run Modest on Joltoen over Timid, even without Timid you still outspeed Positive natured base 133 Pokemon and neutral natured base 128. <: But if you want to stick to Timid, do it. Modest just allows Joltoen to damage things more.

That's all for now ~

Calamity

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
Thanks for the comments guys, Infernape was just an idea to replace Scizor but I think I'd rather use Scizor or Conkeldurr now, Infernapes to frail.
I know my choiced pokemon sometimes get easily walled due to it, I can't really think of a much better item for Starmie though.
And yeah I've replaced my old Gliscor for the Poison Heal set, working alot better. :)
Thanks again for checking it out!

Perriechu

Years
Oh I forgot, Gliscor also wants an Impish nature. :x You could always give Starmie a Life Orb. And then replace Scizor's Life Orb with Leftovers.

Calamity

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
That doesn't seem a bad idea, what's the difference in damage given between choice specs and life orb though? I'm guessing Choice gives out more hurt?

Perriechu

Years
That doesn't seem a bad idea, what's the difference in damage given between choice specs and life orb though? I'm guessing Choice gives out more hurt?

Choice gives out more damage, iirc. But Life Orb still gives you a nice damage bonus and doesn't prevent use of only one attack. It all depends on the situation whether or not that you should use LO or Choice. This situation leans more towards Life Orb.

Just wait for a while and I'm sure someone will post damage calcs. B)

Snorelacks

Starmie and Infernape. Two of my favorite Pokemon, and good ones at that.
Starmie is better off with LO. It can't take the hindrance of only being able to use one move. Stellar coverage makes up for an extra 0.2 Base Power (assuming Life Orb).

Don't underestimate Infernape. Infernape can do everything but wall. Specially Attacking, Physically Attacking, Mixed Attacking, Choice Band, Scarf, Specs, you name it. It might be frail, but it gets so many OHKOes it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Perriechu

Years
Starmie and Infernape. Two of my favorite Pokemon, and good ones at that.
Starmie is better off with LO. It can't take the hindrance of only being able to use one move. Stellar coverage makes up for an extra 0.2 Base Power (assuming Life Orb).

Don't underestimate Infernape. Infernape can do everything but wall. Specially Attacking, Physically Attacking, Mixed Attacking, Choice Band, Scarf Specs, you name it. It might be frail, but it gets so many OHKOes it doesn't matter.

Yeah but Conkeldurr can wall and fire off freakishly strong attacks.

Calamity

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
I'm not underestimating Infernape, I know it can be a very good pokemon but I just think he wouldn't fit into this team well, it needs something like Conkeldurr to give just a little bit more bulk into it seeing as 4 of my pokemon have the EV spread; 4Hp | 252 Atk/Sp.Atk | 252 Spe. But yeah I'm giving Starmie Life Orb instead, thanks again guys!

Snorelacks

But the recent nerf of Explosion means isn't really worth using it anymore.

Yeah, it sucks. I can't believe they would do that, it ruins all of my suicide leads that I've accumulated over the years.

Calamity

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
I've put Volt Switch on Forry instead and seems to be working better than Gyro Ball so I'll stick with that, thanks anyway Greg. :) I'm tempted to give Conkeldurr a go, and also maybe getting a Baton Passer or something with Tailwind to give pokemon like Starmie and Conkeldurr a hand, is it worth it?

Back