• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
hey, it's looking great so far! but i have some problems trying to play through the game. here's the list

-in the sprout tower, the leader says the same sentence before and after the battle
-there's no mareep to be found, my party sucks because of this
-when I beat whitney, she gave me the badge, but in my playercard it shows the ghost gym badge! the real badge is not there
-when trying to proceed, in front of the ghost gym (azalea town) there is a guy who says the leader (morty) is absent, I don't know where he is
-with morty being absent, I cannot surf to go get the medicine to cure the sick pokemon in olivine city, which means I cannot fight that gym
-in union cave, i can walk inside certain boulders (big ones)
-the pokedex doesn't have information about ekans when I caught him

i'm using the male character, started with cyndaquil and I have already taught the hm SURF, STRENGTH, ROCK SMASH, CUT to my pokemon, i'm not stupid. I just can't surf and rock smash outside of battle

PS: great job so far! the graphics well done, I appreciate the hard work you put into this, I wish I could help testing and stuff, but it's already full :( I am someone who looks at every detail, perhaps I could be of use maybe? anyway, that's not why i'm here, just wanted to share you my problems lol. I really like the new characters and rivals! i'll be looking forward to making a let's play of the finished product, take your time! I wish i could programm stuff like you do

Did you do all of the Burnt Tower event, the releasing of the Legendary Dogs? Try doing that if not, as that could be why Morty isn't there, but I'm not 100% sure.

Years
Did you do all of the Burnt Tower event, the releasing of the Legendary Dogs? Try doing that if not, as that could be why Morty isn't there, but I'm not 100% sure.
thanks! if I wouldn't have restarted it this morning, it would've helped lol. Got to this point again and I went to the burnt tower, saw the dogs run off and the gym was open :D the only problem I have is the third badge (I redownloaded the UPS, I restarted completely and whitney gives me the wrong badge according to my playercard) I hope this won't affect the game later on. I still can't use rock smash though, I hope I wonn't need it in the game.

to the creator: I love the things you changed! team Static, zane, axel and the others really make me feel like I am playing the game for the first time :D great job! please continue

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
thanks! if I wouldn't have restarted it this morning, it would've helped lol. Got to this point again and I went to the burnt tower, saw the dogs run off and the gym was open :D the only problem I have is the third badge (I redownloaded the UPS, I restarted completely and whitney gives me the wrong badge according to my playercard) I hope this won't affect the game later on. I still can't use rock smash though, I hope I wonn't need it in the game.

to the creator: I love the things you changed! team Static, zane, axel and the others really make me feel like I am playing the game for the first time :D great job! please continue

The order appears changed due to the game engine. The badges have to appear in that order to use the HMs in the order they were in GSC. It won't affect anything.

Years
The order appears changed due to the game engine. The badges have to appear in that order to use the HMs in the order they were in GSC. It won't affect anything.
you, sir, are a genius! Thanks for the help, you know a lot about this stuff.
now i just have to get a good party lol (don't know which pokemon to use and stuff, if you'd mind, perhaps you could check out my latest thread? I'd like some advice lol

thanks for the clear (and true) explanation (:

Years
still the badges should be swapped to be in the right order.
That's kinda nit-picking. While it'd be nice to see the badges appear in the correct order, it's a very insignificant factor, one that's totally up to LaZ/Zeikku, whether they're bothered to change it or not. :)

I'm looking forward to playing the new beta, with everything that's been added and/or fixed. I enjoyed the last one, but I found it a little annoying that there was pretty much nowhere I could go with ordinary, clear weather (sure, a weather routine is impressive, but there seemed to be a severe lack of normalness to it, at least when I played it it sandstormed a lot of the time). It's good to hear that's been rectified. Also, the videos I've seen on YouTube/ROMHackTube look very, very promising. Keep up the great work!

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
Well laz may have broken his promise due to hmm... i dunno A LIFE? y'know people on this forum don't create hacks that revolve around you, i want it as much as you but i don't bug him on msn like mosquitos "not saying you do"

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Hey guys, sorry for the absence, me and LaZ have both been busy on something else - A gaming website under our new company, it's not Liquid Crystal beta 3.1 but it's still pretty cool. This site has only be posted in this thread to show people the amount of things we have to do aside from real life stuff per day. No need to ask for releases or the comments about us forgetting the post. I doubt we could ever forget this thread.

@Lugiaz Soul, talking to you in particular. I didn't appreciate your comment, we're working as hard as we can. If you think you could do a better job, then by all means start your own remake. I'm not trying to call you out but what you said was rude.

Also, expect this week's gameplay trailer very soon. :)

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Hey guys, I'm back from Germany now, although i'm moving house in 4 days time so I don't think I ca work on LC until i've settled in my new place. For now I will let you guys know how close I am to a release, in the form of an incomplete (yes, theres more than this) todo list for the latest beta. Its missing things like the new pokemon sprites and the poke gear.

Bare in mind that this is just a direct copy from my calendar todo list, so the notes will have typos and bad grammar or whatever as its my own notes. Also, I think that these notes might give away a few things about the new beta but we will see...

1. do something with the house and cave in cherry grove city
  2. add in the trainer tower to olivine or rather fix it
  3. fix the pokedex catch glitch
  4. make events at mahogany progress until blackthorn before going to olivine
  5. investigate the blackout when battling rival at burnt tower
  6. map round from route 32 to route 34
  7. make the underwater dojo with the 17 type masters
  8. fix the lance battle before catching the red garyds
  9. finish the ruins of alph back rooms
  10. convert all scripts from using flags to variables to elimiarte the force close of the map names
  11. upgrade the rocket treasure hunt
  12. fix the hall of fame bug
  13. add text to common objects like tv, windows etc
  14. remap some areas of lc like the maps which have some harsh "4x4" tile edges
  15. male the shutter in temple of rock go based on some events
  16. fix the bug wth mews dna
  17. add team nexus OWs and battle sprites and enceounter an battle music
  18. make new grass animation
  19. make new water animation
  20. do the correct floor settings for all maps that have floors
  21. add script changes for the girl
  22. add ectreme speed dratini
  23. fix all the item scripts to check if the bag is full
  24. add togepi egg check to all of elms scripts
  25. fix route 13 world map bug
  26. fix suicune in lost woods
  27. fix all script with peope who give tiems to not move while talking
  28. make all double battles tryp 0x4
  29. remap some orange islands maps and add the final map to the first isalnd
  30. revamp all the caves to use the correct edges and 3 layered water tile
  31. convert all "…" to real "..."
  32. remap ilex forest
  33. remap mt mortar
  34. sort out all the map backdrops
  35. fix the sticker girl
  36. investigate the causes of all bad eggs
  37. add descriptions for all world map landmarks
  38. lower the volume for all tracks which have crackles
  39. do the learnable moves data for move tutor moves
  40. fix bulbasaur giving in saffron
  41. get trading ready in both PCCs
  42. add Sebbe to the credits
  43. fix curse sound effect
  44. insert all 100 trainers from the trainer request
  45. make the correct OWs for al trainer battles
  46. fix all trainer encounter music
  47. add thunderbolt guy to goldenrod
  48. make world map flag juggling script
  49. make all signs autorun on facing them
  50. insert all the new music thats missing
  51. set all battles from 0x9 to 0x1
  52. investigate electrode battles in mahogany
  53. up tempo of celadon city music
  54. fix hollow cave
  55. fix berry tower final house
  56. fix berry tower set healing place

So there it is. Feel free to ask questions or to suggest anything else that should be added to the list. Not to mention tat I've already done triple or 10x more than that list since the last beta.

Link

Years
:shocked: Whoa you have got a lot to do! I respect you man I would look at that list and be like 'I will never finish this' just know you have fans who are really stoked to get their hands on the next release. Good luck. :)

Adammac

Linux user
Years
Game is chashing when silver sent kadabra. This happens on every rom and every emulator.

EDIT: I found why it was happening! This happen only when you activate script on left side of path. When you activate it on right side it will work :)

Back