• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Anime Chat Café

Years
I'm not so sure on that theory, since the 8th Gym and likely the Kalos League is definitely coming up this year given most Gyms had fast pacing between them, so I could expect a post-league filler arc if they really do want a four-year saga like DP.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am pretty sure Kalos will be a bit long similar to Sinnoh. As they said, they skipped a year. I do think Ash will lose to the 8th gym on his first try. Especially if Serena leaves for a small time similar to Clemont, based on the preview for the next few episodes.

If Serena leaves for, let's says, three episodes. And Ash challenges the gym, he could be wanting Serena to be there to further shipping like they have been. A while back, there was a rumor about a "Serena Lost Arc" where she loses her memory. I can see Flare having something to do with that if the rumor was indeed true. We also haven't seen the "Scary Trio" in a while, aka The Three Malamar, who said they would return. I would say it is almost time for them to return.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I am pretty sure Kalos will be a bit long similar to Sinnoh. As they said, they skipped a year. I do think Ash will lose to the 8th gym on his first try. Especially if Serena leaves for a small time similar to Clemont, based on the preview for the next few episodes.
I find that laughable, because Ice is one of the worst types in the series for their horrid defense, making Wulfric one of the easiest last gym leaders to beat.

If Serena leaves for, let's says, three episodes. And Ash challenges the gym, he could be wanting Serena to be there to further shipping like they have been. A while back, there was a rumor about a "Serena Lost Arc" where she loses her memory. I can see Flare having something to do with that if the rumor was indeed true. We also haven't seen the "Scary Trio" in a while, aka The Three Malamar, who said they would return. I would say it is almost time for them to return.

Perhaps the Malamar Trio are being saved for a post-league arc once Team Flare is out of the way? The Zygarde arc would fall apart if they try to cram in every key-important antagonist (Team Flare, Team Rocket, the Malamar Trio) in one.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
That is true. But they did put Team Galactic and Hunter J together. I am not sure it will work this time around unless the big guy owns the Malamar in Team Flare.

They could pull a Looker arc to match the XY end game. I would love to see Looker return to the anime again.

I have to agree that Ice types are indeed week, but remember Ash does have a lot of pokemon weak to flying, although he has a counter for two of those flying types. By the way the opening is, it makes me think that Wulfric will be around for a while and that he is far stronger than he should be. Not to mention Avalugg and a freaking literal tank.

And Ash hasn't lost much lately. Like I said, if Serena was to be gone for a few episodes and Ash has a falling out with Greninja like the opening suggests is going to happen, that is more than enough reason for Ash to lose. Not thinking clearly, though not in an over confident way. I think Ash has lost once since the 3rd gym and that was because he was doing a race with Noibat right after he got him. But Ash is probably about to lose to both Shota and Alaine. Again, that could make him lose to Wulfric as well.

Last edited:

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
The opening does suggest that Wulfric is going to give more to the plot than a one/two episode gym leader. Maybe when Ash loses Greninja, as the opening suggests, and as Olympia flat out warned him might happen(likely due to losing to Shota and Alaine, perhaps Greninja loses faith in him), maybe it will go to the Pokemon Village, and Wulfric will show Ash where that is, or at least tell him about it? We see him surrounded by the Pokemon from the game's Pokemon Village.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
It could go either two ways from the opening: either Greninja loses its faith in Ash as mentioned before, or Greninja refuses to fight anymore in order to protect Ash from getting hurt whenever it goes into Ash-Greninja form, because it deeply cares about Ash.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I have a question about the, hurting Ash part. I have heard it said a lot, but I have never actually seen anything to suggest it. I have yet to see any of the XYZ episodes, so I might be missing something from the Ninja Battle. Is that where it is confirmed that Ash gets hurt every time Greninja uses it?

I would like to say, even though Wulfric is an Ice trainer, he is also the strongest gym leader in all of the games level wise. On the first battle that is. I wonder what Wulfric's advice will be. I can't think of a life lesson right off the bat that Ash has not already learned.

Also, I am really hoping Zinnia comes into play. I really want to see her in the anime.

Last edited:

Lizardo

Public Enemy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Yeah, Satoshi can feel the pain Gekkouga takes in battle when it's in its "Satoshi-Gekkouga" form. It's shown in XY&Z009 – when Satoshi and co. face off against Team Flare. Livolt hits Gekkouga in the shoulder, and Satoshi and Gekkouga are both shown reacting to the pain. Later, Gekkouga briefly falls to its knees and Satoshi does the same.

Which brings up an interesting question: what happens to Satoshi when Gekkouga is knocked out in that form (as we're likely to see when Satoshi faces off against Alan in XY&Z013)? If there really is going to be an issue between Satoshi and Gekkouga, I imagine it'll be over this.

As for Urup, depending on whether or not he has anything to do with the Satoshi-Gekkouga arc, I could see him defeating Satoshi in their first battle and/or possibly teaching him and Gekkouga something about how to deal with the form.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Something's been bugging me for awhile. Why doesn't Ash know anything about romance or sexual things? He's at the age where kids normally find out about that stuff. There are even lots of characters younger than Ash that know about that stuff. You'd think he would of learned it when he was in school or someone, like his mother would of explained it to him. So, that makes no sense at all to me that Ash doesn't know the things he's supposed to know about at his age. It's like his backstory is AU or something.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Something's been bugging me for awhile. Why doesn't Ash know anything about romance or sexual things? He's at the age where kids normally find out about that stuff. There are even lots of characters younger than Ash that know about that stuff. You'd think he would of learned it when he was in school or someone, like his mother would of explained it to him. So, that makes no sense at all to me that Ash doesn't know the things he's supposed to know about at his age. It's like his backstory is AU or something.

He is 10. I didn't learn about that kind of stuff till I was 12. He didn't go to school. The only school that is in Pokemon is trainer school. At least in the anime. And you only learn about training in those schools.

The whole concept is him being dense. And in fact, he has been shown to know about it, but doesn't take interest in it. He has grown up a lot in XY and he he starting to understand it more, leaving me to think he is now 11 or 12 as it was never confirmed what his age was after Unova. I didn't start taking interest in girl until I was 13/14. And only then it was small. I didn't really start taking interest until High School.

He is starting to understand it a lot more. And I have a feeling by the end of this generation, he will understand it more. As he is actually calling Serena pretty, wants to dance with her, asks her to join him on his journey, saying she looks good in outfits, and seems to be slightly embarrassed when he gives the gift to Serena after the 4th Gym. Most males are usually dense when it comes to knowing a girl likes him or not anyway.

Years
He is 10. I didn't learn about that kind of stuff till I was 12. He didn't go to school. The only school that is in Pokemon is trainer school. At least in the anime. And you only learn about training in those schools.

The whole concept is him being dense. And in fact, he has been shown to know about it, but doesn't take interest in it. He has grown up a lot in XY and he he starting to understand it more, leaving me to think he is now 11 or 12 as it was never confirmed what his age was after Unova. I didn't start taking interest in girl until I was 13/14. And only then it was small. I didn't really start taking interest until High School.
To be fair, nobody's that concerned about them being 'dense,' teenage romance is hardly the height of sophistication and intellectual activity (perhaps for the teenagers who were frequently involved), just that that thematic is introduced asymmetrically. However, this suggests that Ash is actually being excluded from this, or that the females are implicitly being shepherded somewhere else, and Ash is a mediation who is for some reason required. The anime itself switches on and off very quickly when it comes to romance plots (recall May, for instance), so you hardly want your protagonist to be that out of step with the anime and its nature, at which point their role as such is being undermined. This would not help them, or anybody else.

But, like, it's not about whether or not he 'understands' anything particularly complex or intellectual, unless you're using 'understands' as a by-word for the possession of an instinct, which would be weird, they're completely different. Anyway, so that's not really the point. In any case, though, 'romance' is something of a recent fascination of the series, admittedly because it's a bit less relevant now, from OR/AS to elsewhere, so it's unlikely it'll stay away for too long. At the same time, it seems that many of the people suggesting these kinds of things might just have a problem with the series generally, in which case that might not help, perhaps you just want it to change to a completely different series in general. That would be okay, but it's perhaps not that important a series by this point, so.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
A new episode is coming out and Zapdos is in it. Apparently a Noivern is involved, so Ash's Noibat evolves or Alexa returns, which I do't think is the case. Pretty sure it is Ash's Noibat.

Do you guys think Articuno will also appear in another episode? If so, do you think another pokemon will evolve against it in a fight similar to Flechinder against Moltres and possibly Noibat against Zapdos.

I think this might be the case. It could be Ash's 6th pokemon to evolve, or it could be one of Serena's pokemon or a future pokemon she may catch.

Do you think the Legendary Birds will take part in the battle against Team Flare?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 26, 2017
I think so moltres and team flare have somethin going on. Is Iris or Cilan visting soon? In the poster it shows Noivern close to Ash.WHY NO ASH-PIKACHU

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I think so moltres and team flare have somethin going on. Is Iris or Cilan visting soon? In the poster it shows Noivern close to Ash.WHY NO ASH-PIKACHU

Main reason is because Pikachu hasn't fully evolved. Honestly surprised they didn't pull that out though. But I am kinda glad they didn't. Although... If Az's Floette shares the same thing... well then that could open up a lot of things.

As for Iris and Cilan, we haven't had any confirmation if any of them are coming back yet, but I don't see a reason why one of them wouldn't. I would guess it would be Iris though. Honestly, think I would rather see Dawn again. Which I can see Dawn coming back easily now that she is doing pokemon modeling with Buneary.

Does anyone think that Serena may unlock Serena-Delphox or something? It is unlikely, but I would love to see it happen.

Years
Does anyone think that Serena may unlock Serena-Delphox or something? It is unlikely, but I would love to see it happen.

I do hope Braixen can fully evolve into Delphox, even if I can understand Braixen's design being more popular. If Serena were to get her own unique Delphox form I'd like to see a marking similar to her ribbon on it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I think they're going to keep the Ash-Greninja specifically to those two. Serena's goal doesn't have to do with battling, so unless they do something for performances then it just doesn't make sense imo. We're most likely to see a Coordinator mega-evolve their Pokemon for a contest like in ORAS, or even for performances. And the chances of that happening with Dawn and May are unlikely; it's more likely to be Lissa or smth.

Years
I really still hate how Serena's goal has no battling at all. It's quite a let-down compared to May and Dawn, because it's making me feel the impression that Serena would easily lose to the previous girls who have had more battle experience than her.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I enjoy it, actually. Really shows that there is more out there in the Pokemon world than just being a Pokemon Battler. Naturally you need some battling skills to be able to defend yourself and your friends, but it's not the only thing that matters. Artists, Breeders, etc. Do they really need to be strong battlers to be skilled at their profession?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Well Serena is becoming massive in battling when it comes to the newest show. She isn't sitting on the side lines like she was. I also would love to see Serena-Delphox to get a blue ribbon like Serena wears, if we get one to start with.

I bring up Serena-Delphox, because it is possible that Greninja is actually a Mega Evolution that doesn't require a Mega Stone. It could just be having maxed love and friendship with that pokemon.

Anime Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Years
I really still hate how Serena's goal has no battling at all. It's quite a let-down compared to May and Dawn, because it's making me feel the impression that Serena would easily lose to the previous girls who have had more battle experience than her.
Ugh, that? Essentially they have Pokémon and battling is a thing, so you get creatures adapted to battling and then you just have a bunch of people walk on stage with them and tell them to use moves as part of a show, because presumably they are suicidal. Either that or they hate Pokémon and just want to neutralise any sense that their attacks may be consequential or that they can fight. But yeah, if they were suicidal, as is presumably implied, then if they were dead then they couldn't really battle.

Well Serena is becoming massive in battling when it comes to the newest show.
This hardly seems plausible, in a sense, as the battling itself is becoming increasingly trivial - apart from perhaps the Charizard-Greninja thing, which was still basically just a Greninja being caught in place and a Charizard just throwing moves at it. Mostly some Pokémon just have moves targeted against them, but they more or less arbitrarily don't get knocked out, and then their opponents get knocked out by significantly less because it seems convenient. It really comes off as unnecessary and something that you could bypass, but there's not really much else going on other than incessant romance plots which are presumably meant to appeal to the same audience as performances, because apparently Pokémon doesn't seem to figure it has any other audience by this point. Serena is still hardly being portrayed as any better than Miette apart from really out-of-place hijinks, they're not perhaps assumed to be that good.

And it was a strange idea to have a character whose primary purpose is the side-show that is performances and apparently holding Serena hostage until she tells the protagonist that she's in love or something, but rivalries just aren't the same by this point. You wonder if the both of them aren't just this off-beat allusion to Megara.

It's quite a let-down compared to May and Dawn, because it's making me feel the impression that Serena would easily lose to the previous girls who have had more battle experience than her.
That said, their role is to wander around and occasionally play a romantic role, rather than to battle each other, so that doesn't necessarily seem consequential. In any case all of their plot-lines are basically just a question of, 'They start off needing some guidance in battling, then they become 'good' in some undefined manner and for no real reason or concrete alterations,' which is a bit ludicrous. Their battling hence blurs into their romance sub-plots, etc., so that it wouldn't be much of a surprise if Serena was supposed to be strong basically out of nowhere in the near future.

This despite the fact that their 'strength' in battling ultimately comes down to luck.

Back