• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When is a set considered complete?

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 17, 2018
So when collecting cards in a set, when is it complete? If you have all cards from 1 to x would it be complete or do you need all versions? I am trying to get the complete team rocket set but some cards are pretty expensive. Is it still considered complete if you just have 1 to x?

Years
So when collecting cards in a set, when is it complete? If you have all cards from 1 to x would it be complete or do you need all versions? I am trying to get the complete team rocket set but some cards are pretty expensive. Is it still considered complete if you just have 1 to x?

Most people consider it a complete set when you have all collectors' numbers (those numbers at the bottom right corner of the card) of a particular version of the set. Like with Team Rocket you'd have all the 1st edition or non-1st edition prints.

FYI with Team Rocket is that it's not a complete set unless you have 83/82 as there's a "secret" rare Dark Raichu for that set.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Feb 24, 2018
Most people prolly don't know but during the E-reader era, u can finish a set with rares, commons and uncommons. #1 is the first era in aquapolis. I really like that format because someone with less money can finish a set with rares and no holos. While ppl have more money can collect all the holos and reverse.

Years
Most people prolly don't know but during the E-reader era, u can finish a set with rares, commons and uncommons. #1 is the first era in aquapolis. I really like that format because someone with less money can finish a set with rares and no holos. While ppl have more money can collect all the holos and reverse.

Without the holos, it's not considered a full set. You need the non-reverse/non-alternate Holo version of every card in the set for a complete set of sets without a first edition run. That or have the reverse Holo/alternate Holo version of every card in the set if it has one.

Last edited:
Back