• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokémon Flawless Platinum

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2014
talk to a lady inside the Floaroma Town Pokemon Center, she gives you heaps of evolutionary stones

It says she can't give me stones at the moment. I never got any stones from her. I'm on my way to the 6th gym if that affects anything.

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
Hi,

Just wanted to drop and say thanks for making what's possibly the best Platinum hack yet.

However I've noticed a severe lack of movepool and stat edits compared to other games, this combined with the increased difficulty(which I really like btw) makes it downright frustrating to use some pokemon. So I've taken it upon myself to revamp some of the pokemons levelsets, stats and abilities, many of which are based on XYs learnsets or Mega Evolution's abilities (Filter Aggron for example). IN NO WAY I'M TAKING CREDIT FOR THIS HACK. I JUST WANT TO CONTRIBUTE.

Here's a link of my pokemon revamp, its based on 2.7 Challenge mode and has a document with all the changes.

mediafire.com/download/4z4hbyu1p99u7i6/Pokemon+Flawless+Platinum+Edit.rar
edit:updated the documents to make them easier to read

I'll be looking over your changes and credit you accordingly if I like them enough to add them.

This looks awesome! I wonder why I didn't see it before. I'll probably play it after I finish my VoltWhite game. Thanks.

One question though, is the Azure Flute and other event items given to you in-game and activated or do you need codes or an external program to enable those events on the save file?
The Member Card, Oak's Letter, and Azure Flute are given to you in-game and have had their respective events edited to work when you have them. The Secret Key, however, is not obtainable but it isn't needed because I altered that event to work without it.

Hey, I've being playing this hack for some time and it's amazing! However, I've noticed that there are certain Pokemon that can be found, but their locations are stated as "area unknown" (e.g. Lombre) in the Pokedex. I'm playing challenge mode, so is this intentional or a mistake? (Sorry if this has been covered anywhere before).

There's no way to change that, unfortunately, at least as far as I know. None of the Pokedex Locations can be changed from the Vanilla version, so looking at that is almost certainly useless.

It says she can't give me stones at the moment. I never got any stones from her. I'm on my way to the 6th gym if that affects anything.

Hm. I'll have to look into that. I don't see why she wouldn't give you them.
EDIT: Literally as soon as I posted this I figured out a possible solution to it. I'll test it out to see if it works.

I do apologize for the silence on my part the past couple months. Real life was getting in the way of me doing, well, anything in the way of Flawless Platinum. But don't worry, things have somewhat calmed down enough for me to even think of doing stuff. And let me tell you, I am in the process of major adjustments to a lot of Pokemon. I'm only through Poliwrath (62) and have edited 37 Pokemon. A few examples are that I am going to make the BST of the Starters equal regardless of stage (Which is easy since the middle stages are equal normally and I'd made the final stages equal) and that there will be a minimum BST total for each stage of evolution, which does help buff several Pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2017
Thank you for making this awesome 493 hack! :) THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
I'm playing it on DraStic, and
I'm on my way to Route 214!
But my Pokemon are pretty underleveled. .______.

Please make a usrcheat.dat for this game. Please I beg youuuuu >.<

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2014
If I want to go from normal to challenge mode, would I be able to use my old save or would I need to start a new game?

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
Years
Once I entered Eterna City, I wasn't allowed to go back thanks to this guy :( Did I screw something up?

30wxkt0.png

EDIT: Once I got the Explorer Kit, it seems he felt like letting me go back. At least I THINK that's what did it, haha!

Also, just wanted to say I'm having a lot of fun so far. Thanks for putting this together, Draknir!

Last edited:

greenking13

LORD OF ZHERRY
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2014
I have only been playing for a few minutes, and already I have found a few funny as heck things. Mainly the PC's screens of my character, Dawn, and Barry. Now to go get eevee and have my leafeon!

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
Years
I would like to suggest possibly lowering the levels of wild pokemon by just a couple levels. At least in normal mode, they are often about the same level as the pokemon used by trainers in a given area, meaning you either need to be overleveled or not able to use repels.

I almost had a fit in Iron Island not being able to repel the Arena Trap Pokemon there :(

Cybermew

Lazy Actor.....
Years
I do apologize for the silence on my part the past couple months. Real life was getting in the way of me doing, well, anything in the way of Flawless Platinum. But don't worry, things have somewhat calmed down enough for me to even think of doing stuff. And let me tell you, I am in the process of major adjustments to a lot of Pokemon. I'm only through Poliwrath (62) and have edited 37 Pokemon. A few examples are that I am going to make the BST of the Starters equal regardless of stage (Which is easy since the middle stages are equal normally and I'd made the final stages equal) and that there will be a minimum BST total for each stage of evolution, which does help buff several Pokemon.

Implementing those changes done in the rom posted above would be really cool, albeit the the edited version of the hack posted above doesn't work, there's no way to enter Barry's house :P

EDIT: And literally as I posted this you updated the first post, brilliant! :D

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
As was stated above, yes v2.8 is out. I've fixed a couple of things and the final number of Pokemon who received an edit from v2.7 is 184/493. That's ~37% of the Pokemon in the game and was aimed at making many of them viable in battle compared to others.

Oh, and if anyone has already downloaded the new patch to play in Challenge Mode, you'll need to redownload it because, for whatever reason, the changes to the Pokemon weren't part of the patch.

greenking13

LORD OF ZHERRY
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2014
Just a small question. (Yes, I'm a noob, sorry.)

Can I just put this patch onto the currently patched game? Or do I need to go and restart my current run through?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
i think there might be an issue in the critical hit script at least for challenge mode, after 40 or so turns of play (80ish attacks total) i have not seen a single one occur.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
Holy…this was actually updated a week ago? Very cool to see a hack that's still being updated!

TwitchPlaysPokemon is making me want to experience Platinum again, but of course hard hacks are more fun, and this looks to be my best bet. Really looking forward to playing this, I love when it's simple all-Pokemon and higher difficulty! However waiting for all the Pokemon to be updated is very tempting so I might wait until that's done, assuming you're plodding through them all. It was very cool in Sacred Gold to have the Pokemon all be updated (Tropius' boss stats made him so useful).

Are they just going to be Gen VI stat updates with some moves or are there going to be more changes like the Water/Ice Empoleon and such where you change what you think should be different like the Drayano hacks? I really loved how that hack made almost every Pokemon usable and competent, even Furret and such.

Really looking forward to further news on this!

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
Sorry, been rather busy the past almost two weeks.

Just a small question. (Yes, I'm a noob, sorry.)

Can I just put this patch onto the currently patched game? Or do I need to go and restart my current run through?

You should be fine. The only possible effect of updating is that you'll see some weird stat gains on some Pokemon to compensate for their new Base Stats.

i think there might be an issue in the critical hit script at least for challenge mode, after 40 or so turns of play (80ish attacks total) i have not seen a single one occur.

That's just bad (or good, depending on how you look at it) luck on your part, to be honest. I didn't change anything in regards to Critical Hits (In fact, I don't even know how).

Holy…this was actually updated a week ago? Very cool to see a hack that's still being updated!

TwitchPlaysPokemon is making me want to experience Platinum again, but of course hard hacks are more fun, and this looks to be my best bet. Really looking forward to playing this, I love when it's simple all-Pokemon and higher difficulty! However waiting for all the Pokemon to be updated is very tempting so I might wait until that's done, assuming you're plodding through them all. It was very cool in Sacred Gold to have the Pokemon all be updated (Tropius' boss stats made him so useful).

Are they just going to be Gen VI stat updates with some moves or are there going to be more changes like the Water/Ice Empoleon and such where you change what you think should be different like the Drayano hacks? I really loved how that hack made almost every Pokemon usable and competent, even Furret and such.

Really looking forward to further news on this!

There are changes I felt were needed to Pokemon in addition to X/Y changes to moves and base stats.

u will obtain pokeradar normally ? i mean same way as platinium
No, actually. You get it in the Sandgem Pokemon Center from the old man by the counter.

lukasz_pro

Saiyan Prince
Years
Sorry, been rather busy the past almost two weeks.

No, actually. You get it in the Sandgem Pokemon Center from the old man by the counter.

ty so much :D

can u make Document that will have ONLY important evolution changes ? its rly hard to find it now (magmar , kadabra , seadra etc)

BTW why so weird evolution metods like lvl up with kinesis ? not just by lvl up :P

and maybe u can make some poke's able to catch at lower lvl's like lapras ? idk why but i dont like idea to catch them at high lvl , eventually i can use Pokegen :P

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
can u make Document that will have ONLY important evolution changes ? its rly hard to find it now (magmar , kadabra , seadra etc)

BTW why so weird evolution metods like lvl up with kinesis ? not just by lvl up :P

You DO know how to hold down Ctrl+F (Command+F on Mac) to search a document/webpage/anything for a word or phrase right?

And probably because he wanted to make it interesting, I've never seen Kadabra and such evolve like that so it's very unique.

I do have a question though: looking through the doc there are many -Ability +Ability; does that mean they were swapped? That the negative is the less possible of the two abilities? And when there's only a positive or negative, does that mean it is now the only ability or was added as a possibility?Just curious.

Last edited:

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
ty so much :D

and maybe u can make some poke's able to catch at lower lvl's like lapras ? idk why but i dont like idea to catch them at high lvl , eventually i can use Pokegen :P

The main reason that I chose different evolution methods is that I wanted to do something different.

The reason that some Pokemon are found at high levels is that I couldn't find remotely logical places for them to be found earlier in the game, particularly with regards to Ice types

You DO know how to hold down Ctrl+F (Command+F on Mac) to search a document/webpage/anything for a word or phrase right?

And probably because he wanted to make it interesting, I've never seen Kadabra and such evolve like that so it's very unique.

I do have a question though: looking through the doc there are many -Ability +Ability; does that mean they were swapped? That the negative is the less possible of the two abilities? And when there's only a positive or negative, does that mean it is now the only ability or was added as a possibility?Just curious.
The - on an ability means the Pokemon can no longer have it, while the + means it can have it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
The twins on the upper part of 204 have their names messed up, it is a bunch of plusses and japanese characters with the player's name tacked onto the end.

Back