• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: HGSS Golden Edition

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 12, 2017
Hi, thanks for this fantastic hack BlazingMagmar. I recently played through heartGold so I don't feel like a playthrough right now but I definitely will a bit down the line. Would you mind letting me know how you changed Kurt so that he processes the Pokeballs instantly? I may create a hack of my own once I have learnt more and would love to implement this feature. I also play the DS Fire Red Remakle hack (HeartRed) and would love to implement this feature into that rom. I have all the rom files dumped so if you would be able tell me which file to change along with the bytes and offset, I would massively appreciate it. Best regards.

Last edited:

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
This is absolutely stunning! I'm glad to see Kris is back in a game, hack or not, I greatly missed her since she was not initially in HG/SS. This is marvelously done :) I'm looking forward to completing my play through on my AceKard ^^

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
This is absolutely stunning! I'm glad to see Kris is back in a game, hack or not, I greatly missed her since she was not initially in HG/SS. This is marvelously done :) I'm looking forward to completing my play through on my AceKard ^^
Dude your Hack is the best!!
Super love for the HGSS~~:)

Glad you guys like it, I try to keep it updated as much as possible :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 20, 2017
NOTE: Two sperate patches are included with the file:
- A patch that change the level curves throughout the game to be more streamlined.
- A patch that De-capitalizes names/attacks and other text throughout the game.

Can you be more clear with this? So you've got two patches separated one in the main root and the other in the level curve folder. So is the patch in the main root got all the patches+de caps with no level curve and at the level curve folder does it contain the patches+level curve without de caps? Thanks! or it contains both the patches+decaps just if you would do it with or without level curve adjustments patch?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 20, 2022
Can you be more clear with this? So you've got two patches separated one in the main root and the other in the level curve folder. So is the patch in the main root got all the patches+de caps with no level curve and at the level curve folder does it contain the patches+level curve without de caps? Thanks! or it contains both the patches+decaps just if you would do it with or without level curve adjustments patch?
I've tested two versions of this hack:
Both in folder and out of it have de CAPs
The in folder one has the level curve
And save data can't be in common use between two versions
AFAIK{:3}

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I've tested two versions of this hack:
Both in folder and out of it have de CAPs
The in folder one has the level curve
And save data can't be in common use between two versions
AFAIK{:3}

My bad, The DeCap patch is mandatory now in all version of the hack, updating that now:3c
The save data can indeed be used from a clean rom without problems and can be swapped between all version of this hack so dont worry, u can use HGSS saves with this hack.:)

I wonder is that possible to add fairy type to HGSS?
I could but the problem is there are no existing offensive Fairy Type moves in the game only defensive ones such as Charm and Moonlight, and I dont want to edit other moves to make them fairy type when they would otherwise not be.
Oh perhaps you can make TMs use infinitely
That will be perfect ;)
That is something I definetly have planned to do. Once I figure out how to do it i will do so.{:3}

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 20, 2017
My bad, The DeCap patch is mandatory now in all version of the hack, updating that now:3c
The save data can indeed be used from a clean rom without problems and can be swapped between all version of this hack so dont worry, u can use HGSS saves with this hack.:)

I could but the problem is there are no existing offensive Fairy Type moves in the game only defensive ones such as Charm and Moonlight, and I dont want to edit other moves to make them fairy type when they would otherwise not be.

That is something I definetly have planned to do. Once I figure out how to do it i will do so.{:3}

Thanks for the clarification! And thank you for the time and effor you put in this. Anyway, I'm loving this rom keep it up! <3

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 20, 2022

Nice! I'll be keep noticing then.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Definitely gonna try this out. Seems to have quite a few different things compared to Drayano's HGSS hacks.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I've started playing this a while ago, and I'm really enjoying it!

I do have one nitpick, though. When I first arrived at Mahogany Town, I was looking for the Move Tutor that had been moved there like the OP said. However, I couldn't find him at all. After defeating Team Rocket at the Radio Tower, he still wasn't there. However, the Move Tutor at the Lake of Rage actually was there.

Just so you know, I'm playing the Heart Gold version with the more streamlined level curve.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I've started playing this a while ago, and I'm really enjoying it!

I do have one nitpick, though. When I first arrived at Mahogany Town, I was looking for the Move Tutor that had been moved there like the OP said. However, I couldn't find him at all. After defeating Team Rocket at the Radio Tower, he still wasn't there. However, the Move Tutor at the Lake of Rage actually was there.

Just so you know, I'm playing the Heart Gold version with the more streamlined level curve.

WHOOPS! thats a typo, the tutor isnt in Mahogany town its in Cianwood City.
Corrected that typo, thanks for that ~_~

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 24, 2017
I hope this question don't come off too dumb but may I ask how can I apply the level curve patch over the Golden edition patched rom? The checksum won't let me so Im not sure how I can add both patches. Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I hope this question don't come off too dumb but may I ask how can I apply the level curve patch over the Golden edition patched rom? The checksum won't let me so Im not sure how I can add both patches. Thanks in advance!
You can't add both patches to one ROM. You need to apply the level curve patch to a clean HeartGold or SoulSilver ROM.

Back