• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the worst trait to have?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
What do you consider to be the worst personality trait for a person to have? Why?

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Idk, selfishness? It can probably branch off from there, but if a person is selfish they can end up distant from others. Selfishness also indicates things like arrogance and other disagreeable traits.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Arrogance, because arrogance brings upon other bad traits such as obnoxiousness, selfishness, etc. and all of those, as a collective unit, make for someone with unruly character.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
Without a doubt, my answer to this is Greed. Pretty much anyone that hoards things for themselves, & are like, "Hooray for me, & you can burn in hell! You're not getting anything of mine!" The worst thing about it is taking stuff that isn't (rightfully) yours. That's what gets me about greed.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
There are several
Arrogance: Arrogance of any type just makes a person look bad. Ive been accross a lot of people that think they are so much better than others, these people are just unpleasant to be around. You shouldnt be made to feel bad all the time.
Apathy: This is a big one for me and probably the main one, people who just dont care about anything, I dont understand how people even can be apathetic and have a dont care attitude towards everything.
GreedGreedy people should understand you cant have everything and I hate when people take things from others. Sometimes you need to give too.
Being gullible/ believing whatever you hear, read, etc. Ok, I think everyone should have their own opinion. You shouldnt just accept things people tell you, because it's not always true, doing research is always a good thing.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I agree with what everybody's saying. But if you ask me, apathy tops my list.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Sociopathy. That is, lacking sympathy or empathy for others.

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
These are all terrible traits indeed, but even a person who is so lost, left to groping around in the darkness, may find their way again.

Imagine, if you would, a small group of trees. All but one of them are oaken. The last, a willow. A fierce storm blows through, tearing the oaks in half, leaving only the willow. And why is that? Because for all the terrible things the willow tree might be, it still held the capacity to bend and to yield. The absence of such a quality, as the oak trees demonstrated, leads only to demise.

Years
Stupidity? It leads to all kinds of annoying traits like lack of awareness which can then lead to things like bad hygiene or invading of my personal space.

Sociopathy. That is, lacking sympathy or empathy for others.
That's probably actually the worst trait to have.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Arrogance, because arrogance brings upon other bad traits such as obnoxiousness, selfishness, etc. and all of those, as a collective unit, make for someone with unruly character.

This. Through a large ego comes many unappealing characteristics. So in a sense, IMO, grandiosity is the worst trait to have.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Stubbornness. I really can't handle it. It makes me feel like I have to back down just to end an argument because someone is so rigid that they're immovable on anything. They're right, you're wrong and there's nothing else to it. I really hate that.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Either imbecile or inbred, I forget which is worse. Oh lunatic is pretty bad too. (Stupid crusader kings reference is stupid. lol)

I'm not really sure what word to use to describe it, but I'd say being unwilling to fight for what you believe in, or stand up to someone who is doing something wrong. Bullying for example. Also, being unwilling to help others because there's a crowd of other people around who can do it for you.

Those examples might be a little too specific, but I can't really think of anything else.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The inability to see what you do clearly. Um. idk if the wording makes sense. I just woke up. But basically, I know a person that think they're the greatest at everything and thinks they're a model and singer and such and they're not. They need a reality check. It's an awful trait imo because you don't understand how stupid you make yourself look to everyone else and you end up alienating yourself a bit and getting made fun of. Plus, to not see yourself clearly isn't a good thing.

Runner up was the inability to love. idk how it lost to what I chose honestly lol.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I would say being narcissist would be the worst.

You just can't have fun with those people and they'll always tell you you're wrong even tho you know you're right.

Most of the time they'll be bossy also.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Take what everybody else said above me and there's a pretty big list xD
To me though the worst is being a bad influence as it tends to spread easily and then you have a whole group, that could just be the next gang.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
An oversized ego combined with arrogance is something that turns anyone into very stale person to be around. Especially if that person is in a place of power of you. I'm in the unfortunate position where one of my bosses is very much like this. ~_~

Back