• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon X and Y anime speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 21, 2015
I hope ash gets lot of cool pokemon and that he evolves them Its really dumb to see how Ash's snivy or oshawott haven't evolved yet after 2 seasons. Also lets get Ash all of the starters again. Gives him a sort of popularity

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I hope ash gets lot of cool pokemon and that he evolves them Its really dumb to see how Ash's snivy or oshawott haven't evolved yet after 2 seasons. Also lets get Ash all of the starters again. Gives him a sort of popularity

Nah , its better if Ash have one starter or else XY series will be like BW Series.
Plus , Kalo region has both great non-starter Grass & Fire Pokemon which are marketable even after their evolution .

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Nah , its better if Ash have one starter or else XY series will be like BW Series.
Plus , Kalo region has both great non-starter Grass & Fire Pokemon which are marketable even after their evolution .

Hm? But Ash had all the starters from Kanto & Johto well. And they were pretty good seasons too. But even if he only has a Froakie, that'd be cool too.

Well, I do think that maybe Ash can liven up his pokemon party and have more characteristics for each of them. If out of the blue, Ash gets a ghost type in Kalos, that'd be cool, imo~

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I believe , Orange League Ash was the Best Ash .
I wonder if Ash can revert back to his Orange League personality.
I think , The Director of the show mess up Maturity with Competency.
It doesn't matter if a protagonist act immature as long as they are competent & Strong.
For Example : Gold (PokeSpe) , Dia (Pokespe) , Hareta (Pokemon DPA) , Goku (DBZ) , Luffy (One Piece) & Natsu (Fairy tail).
Does all of them act mature ? Nope !!!
They usually act immature & Childish most of the time .
They simply show their competency when they need too.
Thats how Ash has to be .
Ash doesn't need to act mature & Adult-like all the time . It doesn't matter if he act immature & Childish As long as he's competent & Strong .
That what BW series did wrong .
They not only made Ash immature , They also made him incompetent and Weak .

Hm? But Ash had all the starters from Kanto & Johto well. And they were pretty good seasons too. But even if he only has a Froakie, that'd be cool too.

Well, I do think that maybe Ash can liven up his pokemon party and have more characteristics for each of them. If out of the blue, Ash gets a ghost type in Kalos, that'd be cool, imo~

Actually , Most people believe That Pokemon started to get boring from Jotho Series.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Please note that this is my opinion and I do not wish to have a billion sentences at me saying that I'm wrong. Not that you'll listen to these bolded words but meh.

I don't want Ash's personality to go back to Orange League. Personally I think that would almost be resetting him and frankly people are tired of him being reset in some way shape or form. He wasn't really competent in Orange League. He was almost given most of his badges. His personality wasn't completely set because they were still testing some things out before solidifying what type of trainer he will be and what his personality will be. One primary example is the episode with Giselle. That was a big testing ground that they decided to discard because they don't want romance to be any type of focus with Ash (unless it's him getting one Pokemon to notice another Pokemon haha).

What they need to do in Kalos, or rather what I wish they would do, is build from what Ash is rather than reverting him backwards is that they need to keep going forward. Ash kind of did both in Best Wishes so it made it awkward. There were times when you realized that Ash has grown more competent from the beginning on his journey and then there were other things when you realize that 'oh... what the hell happened'. It would be great if we got less of the latter moments and more of the former moments. Even better if those former moments could be for his own Pokemon just as much as Pokemon he decides to help.

Hopefully the fact that there is Bonnie there he will get more chances to show how far he's gotten when it comes to training Pokemon and show her the ropes. Even if she's not old enough to have a Pokemon yet. If she's not a know-it-all like Max either I think it would really help.

(also side not and also an opinion: People probably didn't bother with more Pokemon after Johto because of the ridiculous about of fillers in that region. They were tired of it. I was tired of it. But watching it more recently made me realize that I was wrong.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I wonder who will be a Leader of the main group this time.
Usually , The older Male cast such as Brock , Tracy & Cilan played the role of the Leader.
It made sense because they were older.
However , Thats not the same case with Ash & Clemont .
I don't know how long Clemont travel but I don't think it was as long as Ash So I think Ash should play the role of Leader & Strategist .
Ya, Clemont will be more Knowledgeable Then Ash but Knowledge & Wisdom are 2 different thing .
So this how thing should work , Clemont has vast knowledge but he doesn't has the wisdom to use it properly So Its up to Ash to come up with a plan using the knowledge from Clemont .
Basically ,

Clemont = Knowledge
Ash = Wisdom .

Like A team !
Ash shown to be competent enough to come up with his own Plan During Kento saga.
Remember '''Showdown At Dark City'' .
It was Ash who made the plan to each those 2 arrogant gym-leader a lesson , Not Brock.
Furthermore , I believe Ash should be pro at handling Bad guys .
He already deal with so many bad guy Such as Team Rocket , Team Rocket Aqua & Magma , Team Galactic ,Hunter J , Team Plasma etc.
Even the most idiotic protagonist become a pro at handling Bad guy if he/she has experience of dealing with That many Bad guy .
Its completely normal for Ash to be good at handling Evil Villain like Team Flare.

Pickle-Spaghetti

Spread the bean buns
Years
I'm guessing Serena has a wee bit of a crush on Ash. I don't know, I'm probably wrong on that. I think it would be interesting if one of the others got the regional bird and Ash didn't, perhaps that will happen. I also speculate that Ash and Clemont will get along really well, and later on become best bros (or something like that.) It was kind of obvious in the trailer that Ash is picking Froakie as his starter. Not sure if he'd catch the other starters later on though.

Yambo

Power Seeker
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2019
I honestly do not like Ash having a romantic relationship it just dont fit. I remember watching the orange islands and in more then one occution some guy hit on Misty and Ash was a bit jealous but not in the way someone usually is. It was more on a friendship level like he wanted her support.
After that they have made remarks to Ash and a female protaganist having a romantic relationship but never taking it far. In my oponion they should just keep it on the platonic Ash treasures friendship and pokemon above all else.

As for what character im most looking forward to it must be Clemont. I guess i am one of few but i seriously wanna see what they will do with this guy as a gymleader and a traveling companion.

In overrall i wan the focus to be on Ash making the most of the journey gaining a intresting rival and evolve is battling strategie. But if they make this season to a love fest with Serena chasing Ash i will leave the pokemon anime forever...

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
You know In Pokemon DPA , Hareta gone though Cyrus by reminding him the fun of Pokemon Battle .
Red did the same thing with Giovanni in Pokemon The Origin .
So I hope Ash also go though Team Flare Boss Lysandre by reminding him the fun of a Pokemon Battle !!!

PixieCircle8

Writer // Roleplayer
Years

Well, yeah that i think they should do something about evolving. But really, one of the starter should be a great moodmaker at the team, pick Chespin pleease!
Cuties like chespin is rather go for a moodmaker rather than battling, and somehow i'm a bit of dissatisfied of chespin's evolutionary line ;3

Yes, that's would be great to have a ghost type!
Like back at the kanto, Ash befriends gastly line before he fights Sabrina and the three is super funny!

I wonder who will be a Leader of the main group this time.
Usually , The older Male cast such as Brock , Tracy & Cilan played the role of the Leader.
It made sense because they were older.
However , Thats not the same case with Ash & Clemont .
I don't know how long Clemont travel but I don't think it was as long as Ash So I think Ash should play the role of Leader & Strategist .
Ya, Clemont will be more Knowledgeable Then Ash but Knowledge & Wisdom are 2 different thing .
So this how thing should work , Clemont has vast knowledge but he doesn't has the wisdom to use it properly So Its up to Ash to come up with a plan using the knowledge from Clemont .
Basically ,

Clemont = Knowledge
Ash = Wisdom .

Like A team !
Ash shown to be competent enough to come up with his own Plan During Kento saga.
Remember '''Showdown At Dark City'' .
It was Ash who made the plan to each those 2 arrogant gym-leader a lesson , Not Brock.
Furthermore , I believe Ash should be pro at handling Bad guys .
He already deal with so many bad guy Such as Team Rocket , Team Rocket Aqua & Magma , Team Galactic ,Hunter J , Team Plasma etc.
Even the most idiotic protagonist become a pro at handling Bad guy if he/she has experience of dealing with That many Bad guy .
Its completely normal for Ash to be good at handling Evil Villain like Team Flare.

Nooo, you completly such of forget about Team flare's evil objective.
Team Flare appears in X and Y. Their goal is to make money, while also aiming for a "beautiful world".
Although it's already changed at the main website of pokemon x and y, but i'm thinking about bonnie will somewhat going to interfering this such matter. Well, actually, Ash is a bit childish rush but he has heart to begin with and that's make him understand evil.
Clemont maybe will help about strategies and others, but make their heart go melt out is using Ash's. Ash doesn't have wisdom, but he got heart. I just want to somehow straight it up..

I'm guessing Serena has a wee bit of a crush on Ash. I don't know, I'm probably wrong on that. I think it would be interesting if one of the others got the regional bird and Ash didn't, perhaps that will happen. I also speculate that Ash and Clemont will get along really well, and later on become best bros (or something like that.) It was kind of obvious in the trailer that Ash is picking Froakie as his starter. Not sure if he'd catch the other starters later on though.

Serena is a yandere, well that's mean maybe Ash need to be careful now :v
Clemont x Ash would be much perfect, Clemont got the thing or two from brock and cilan (well, maybe.. Because it's not such a hard way to make Clemont's personality go reverse :V) but he got age maybe around Ash and that's make some pair :love:

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Behold new Trailer-

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
Years
Behold new Trailer-

Spoiler:

Awesome!
The anime looks great.
Even though I don't see a rival there could still be one.
And what about Team Flare? maybe their in the next XY series.
I think that when ash jumps over the edge of the building to save Pikachu, Mega Blaziken swoops in and saves them.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Clemont looks incredible, seems like the best character of the new trio of characters. Him being a probable crack inventor, is going to be awesome. I've always liked characters that have that "creepy/insane" character quality of the glare over their glasses. Him silently looking at Ash entering his gym was pretty cool, and he seems pretty lively in battle too. He's the 5th gym leader, so I'm looking forward to him the most. Bonnie is adorable of course, looking forward to see her in action.

Ash seemingly not remembering Serena is no surprise. When giving him the cloth to clean himself up (why does he look so beat up), she ask him if he remembers her. He looks on confused. Poor girl. Anyway, it kinda sucks that all we know about her is that she know Ash and likes fashion...we need more info plz.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
i think ash might have caught that fletchling that was batting the froakie. I saw the opening of the series and it showed serena with fennekin clemont with chespin ash with froakie and bonnie with dedenne. so its like ash's oshawott how it followed him for a few episodes. and how froakie saves pikachu from that big electro ball. i think the froakie wants ash to get him but not without a fight!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Love the trailers. Really can't wait till the anime starts. I just need to get up in time to watch it. Looks like Ash will be catching Fletchling and Froakie. So far. I would say Blaziken will save Ash from falling. When Pikachu falls off because of Garchomp. I am sure Ash will meet some rivals. We usually see the first one fairly early so it could be Serena. One can hope that he has a rival traveling with him. I would say they might do it in a similar way to Unova and have like 5 rivals pop up throughout the series.

Pickle-Spaghetti

Spread the bean buns
Years
The thing is, Clemont just really reminds me of Tails from the sonic the hedgehog games. So he'd be the tails to ash's sonic i don't know xD I strongly believe that Ash x Clemont will be my new brotp.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Lucario might very well be Ash's or one of the people he is travel with because:

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back