• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generation with best graphics

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Generation 2 was so homey when I first played it. And I recall just how beautiful it was after coming from gen 1. The biggest upgrade and breath of fresh air with a new game.

Last edited:

dannymusic

The Smiling Trombonist
Years
I love Gen II, but I give the nod for top artwork to Gen III. By gen III the pokemon shapes had mostly been established, and the GBA allowed the capability to produce a full and detailed color palette. Emerald's animations didn't add as much as Crystal's did though.

Gen V also deserves a shoutout; the constantly moving pokemon were very cool and the locations pretty intricate. And I still have a soft spot for the artwork in Gen I, if not only to see oddities like Golbat's giant tongue.

Last edited:

Resolve

I have it
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 2, 2020
Gen II, Crystal in particular, felt very Pokemon-ey for me so I'll go with that.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Gen4. If there is any 'best generation' or 'generation with the best ________' expect that to be the answer. And even then the graphics then were still some of the greatest things ever. Hate to admit but its probably even better than the 3D ones.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I'm incredibly biased towards anything Gen 4, but I honestly think the graphics are gorgeous. Smooth, colourful, detailed... really easy on the eyes.

Gen 5 had nice graphics as well, but like Nah said, it's rather pixelated. I liked how the trainers were taller and less squat.

At first I had my reservations about X/Y when it was announced, but once I started playing it that all changed for the better. It's graphics are pretty, with some great trainer designs, though I did not find the chibi look appealing!

And Gen 7 still looks great. It feels so clean; even walking is a joy for how smooth it is. One thing that bothered me is your trainer's unnerving smile—it was either that or a slightly shocked expression, haha.

I love the old games for looking so Pokémon-y though. They're certainly more nostalgic!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I'm probably a minority on this, but Generation Five. I remember thinking the graphics were really good at the time, considering the Nintendo DS was a dying console by the time the games came out. I thought the bridges and roads looked really realistic despite mostly being 2D. The 3D games still leave a lot to be desired, graphically for me, ngl.

Back