• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding Items for CFRU compatibility

__fred__40

fred
Years
If you don't want to trough the hard grind of adding 400+ new items' data&images by yourself but you also don't want to apply a patch to your rom,here is a solution

What you need:
-HexManiacAdvance latest version
-The text file attached to the post

STEP 0
Open your Fire Red Rom in HMA

STEP 1-Recognizing the Limiters
There are a few limiters that HMA items' table doesn't account for,to solve this issue,paste the following data wherever in your rom:
@098998 ::items
@09B3D0 ::items
@10864C ::items
@10DA14 ::items
@13D428 ::items

STEP 2-Go to after the last item of the item table
If you haven't changed the items table of vanilla FR,your last item will be the "Sapphire",thus crtl+G,to open the Goto function,type "Sapphire",now select the next line of that

STEP 3-Insert the data
Paste the content of the "Items data only" txt file,HMA will take care of repointing the table and of adjusting its limiter

STEP 4-Insert the Images
Paste the content of the "Items images" txt file

STEP 5-Compatibility with the CFRU
Replace the following files with their respective files find in the attachments:
Include/constant/items
Include/constant/tmshms

STEP 6(OPTIONAL)-Compatibility with the DPE
The list of items in the DPE is a bit different from the one in the CFRU,no worries I provide a file for that as well,it's called "items DPE",
rename it "items" and put in your DPE/Include folder

What does it's not included in this resource?
-The items description are not included,you have to write them yourself(or copy them from Bulbapedia)HMA can help you with this as well
-The few items that weren't recently added in the CFRU(X Sp.Def,Rusted Shield,etc)
-All the new items are decapped,while the old ones still aren't,you'll have to decap them manually

If you are worried some data got overwritten don't be,HMA never does

I am currently very busy so I can't explain exactly how the 2 txt file works,I will edit this thread in a few weeks and add a tutorial that explains everything well

I hoped this helped

Attachments

• Items data only.txt
    28.8 KB · Views: 87
  • items images.txt
    264.5 KB · Views: 72
  • tmshms.h
    4.1 KB · Views: 47
  • items.h
    21.6 KB · Views: 58
  • items DPE.h
    20.5 KB · Views: 49
Years
Hi,

yes expanding this tutorial in more detail would be really helpful, because I have some questions:

1. Where do I have to put the different columns of the .txt-files? Or can I just copy-paste the content over everything that comes after "Sapphire"? Because there are other items like TMs and Berries.
2. Where do I copy-paste the content of "Items images"? Directly after the content of Items Data Only?
3. Where do I put the Item Descriptions?
4. Do I have to recompile my ROM with CFRU?

Back