• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Order and Chaos

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
btw do you have plans for new features/mechanics? anything that vanilla games dont have.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 21, 2022
i thought the starters was grassteed, hydrish and pyrodrax, not the hoenn starters. why are the starters not the advertised ones? and why does the avatar look different from the advertised one (no cap)?

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
i thought the starters was grassteed, hydrish and pyrodrax, not the hoenn starters. why are the starters not the advertised ones? and why does the avatar look different from the advertised one (no cap)?

Okay I dunno if I mentioned this in the first post (although I'm pretty sure I mentioned it somewhere), but the demo for the game is very old, and we are still designing and implementing the fakemon for the next demo. The sprites and tiles for the game have also changed somewhat since the demo, hence why the demo's content differs from what is advertised.

Rayquaza.

Years
Hi guys, just posting a few updates here since it's been quite a while and the game is far from dead. Firstly, I've finished my exams for the year so currently development on Order and Chaos has sped up once more.

Secondly, for those who don't follow me on DeviantArt or Twitter, etc, a new demo release is planned and in the works for late 2018, this is not 100% guaranteed and may end up being early 2019 instead, however. This demo will feature more areas to explore, a custom soundtrack, a graphical face-lift and various other enhancements to the gameplay and story.

Along with this demo release there will be an anonymous questionnaire to gauge the overall player experience for the demo, the data from this questionnaire will be used to make adjustments to the game for future releases in order to produce a better and more enjoyable game.

The main post on this thread has also been updated with new details, screenshots, etc so be sure to check that out as well.

In the future I'll be making more of an effort to post updates here as I've had a bad habit of neglecting to do so unless the updates are incredibly big, as I already post updates to DeviantArt, Twitter and Facebook fairly regularly.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
I am guessing the starters going to end up with these types hydrish as water posion grassteed as grass flying and pyrodrax as fire electric as i ssen the background of any of these matching to these types as blue for water green for grass red for fire purple for posion light blue for flying and yellow for electric

Last edited:

shinymissingno

??? Pokemon
Years
I dunno if I've looked at this thread before this apparent update, but I gotta say, this new thread looks FANTASTIC. I'm incredibly eager to play this game when it comes out! Good luck with both the game and your real--life goings ons! Hopefully everything on both sides goes well~!

Rayquaza.

Years
Hi guys, first off thanks for the continued support. I'm currently working on the game and will be doing a dev stream later today at 16:00 BST (11:00 EST/08:00 PST) on twitch if people want to join in.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 4, 2019
Are u planning on adding the main starters that are presented/illustrated in the section "Meet Your Starter Pokemon"? Or not? Because when I played it all I got were hoenn starters to choose from? Also I had to download the game 5 times because the pop up when clicking start button it said "It's taking to long for the script to load." Then exits out of the game immediately.

Last edited:

Rayquaza.

Years
Are u planning on adding the main starters that are presented/illustrated in the section "Meet Your Starter Pokemon"? Or not? Because when I played it all I got were hoenn starters to choose from? Also I had to download the game 5 times because the pop up when clicking start button it said "It's taking to long for the script to load." Then exits out of the game immediately.

The current playable demo was released before the idea of fakemon was put in the game, so there won't be any in that demo. It's also very buggy.

It's taken us a while to find someone to help with the sprites for the fakemon and progress is slow moving due to personal life, etc.

Dark

SW-8589-1512-3501
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
This looks sow amazing can't wait to play new demo. All the best guys thank you for all effect you guys put on to create this Masterpiece

Rayquaza.

Years
When will version 2018 come out?
The year is almost over.

While a demo was planned and I have had time to work on the game as of late, I don't think it will be feasible to release a demo before 2018 ends, since there are multiple team members working on different aspects, who also have their own personal lives.

The last demo was very buggy, which detracted from the game's experience. Before I release a new demo I want to make sure it is thoroughly bug tested. Additionally, I don't want to release a new demo until I can promise that it will have the following things:
  • A good range of fakemon, which we are starting to finally implement.
  • A completely custom soundtrack, which is still a work in progress.
  • A refined story, which I have only just started to address.
  • 5+ gyms, which are still being designed/redesigned.

I apologise to everyone if they were looking forward to a new demo before the years' end, I was looking forward to being able to put out a new demo. Rest assured that when the aforementioned things have been implemented there will be a new demo released.

Dark

SW-8589-1512-3501
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
Is this still in the works? Can't wait to play this it really looks amazing.

Dark

SW-8589-1512-3501
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
Guys im dying to play this amazing game, is everything going ok? I really can't wait to play

Back