• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Tree of Peace

New ROM Base? (See Post #9):

• Love It!

Votes: 37 74.0%
  • Stick With Whatcha Got!

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
No, I meant does it happen with this tileset?
Testmap.png

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
Years
No, I meant does it happen with this tileset?
Testmap.png

Ohhh! Actually, I'm not sure...I haven't gotten a chance to put that map into the game with that tileset. I can guarantee that'll be the first thing I report on when I get there. At this point, I'm trying to reimplement the maps, then all the scripts. At that point, I'll repoint all warps so I can actually test the game.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Well, that's alright! Giving a couple of screens isn't the end of the world (you can't tell anything by the screens anyway):
142aebp.png
xenckh.png
1623bxd.png

See how even the Pokéball is on top of the tiles?[/LEFT]

hm...
maybe it has something to do with the movement permissions.
or could have been that you have set a different tile property to those tiles.

Blitzballer

Years
hm...
maybe it has something to do with the movement permissions.
or could have been that you have set a different tile property to those tiles.
Nope. At least, I don't think it has anything to do with the movement permissions. And I checked the background and behavior bytes and everything checks out. I used the same movement permissions as every other map (i.e. "C" for where to step and "1" for where not to step).

Years
Nope. At least, I don't think it has anything to do with the movement permissions. And I checked the background and behavior bytes and everything checks out. I used the same movement permissions as every other map (i.e. "C" for where to step and "1" for where not to step).
No, this only a tile mistake.
Go to the advancemap blockeditor and choose the bad tile.
be sure that the backgroundbytes are "00" and "00".

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
Xiderwrong is correct :D.

I like this hack, but your old tiles is what you need, not with everything because that rombase is going to get Overused in 2 Weeks

10 people started to use it by yesterday D:

Blitzballer

Years
No, this only a tile mistake.
Go to the advancemap blockeditor and choose the bad tile.
be sure that the backgroundbytes are "00" and "00".

Xiderwrong is correct :D.

I like this hack, but your old tiles is what you need, not with everything because that rombase is going to get Overused in 2 Weeks

10 people started to use it by yesterday D:

Already checked. Everything checks out on that end. Also, all the tiles on that map are "bad" tiles, but on other maps, they're fine (including the actual Saffron City map). Also, I can also guarantee that those hacks will die within 3 weeks. Plus, I was having some limitations with those tiles (like how to depict the "tree of peace"!). I think it'll work and I already have some great support from amazing people! =)

~~
Alright, at this point, I'm working at a snail's pace. Ugh! I've started reimplementing the maps, then I'll put in the scripts (easy, thanks to XSE!) and fix the warps. By that time, hopefully I'll get the Blossombeach City glitch figured out, or maybe it'll be gone with these new tiles. I'll try to start getting a few pictures out, but that probably won't happen until tomorrow, because I have to stop every half an hour from boredom! :tired:

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Also, I can also guarantee that those hacks will die within 3 weeks.

now that is truly harsh.

anyways, good luck with fixing those tiles.
I ain't a FireRed hacker but, I am sure you can fix 'em.

Blitzballer

Years

now that is truly harsh.

anyways, good luck with fixing those tiles.
I ain't a FireRed hacker but, I am sure you can fix 'em.

Hehe. I know. =) But, that's just how saintly I am! Haha.
I hope I can fix them. If not, then I'll have to use a different tileset, which would screw everything up!! Argh! The only reason I say that is because I don't really like the Celadon City tileset, but that's the closest to what I'm using so...

Years
Already checked. Everything checks out on that end. Also, all the tiles on that map are "bad" tiles, but on other maps, they're fine (including the actual Saffron City map). Also, I can also guarantee that those hacks will die within 3 weeks. Plus, I was having some limitations with those tiles (like how to depict the "tree of peace"!). I think it'll work and I already have some great support from amazing people! =)

~~
Alright, at this point, I'm working at a snail's pace. Ugh! I've started reimplementing the maps, then I'll put in the scripts (easy, thanks to XSE!) and fix the warps. By that time, hopefully I'll get the Blossombeach City glitch figured out, or maybe it'll be gone with these new tiles. I'll try to start getting a few pictures out, but that probably won't happen until tomorrow, because I have to stop every half an hour from boredom! :tired:

You don't have to set the backgound bytes from all tiles to "00" "00"
Only at the top of some tiles, like the top from the trees, the top from houses...
Example: Put only these backgrounbytes to the tiles that over the hiro.
Something like the bottom of a house is under a hero (U understand?)
Tiles at the top = "00" "00"
Tiles at the bottom = "00" "20"

kay?

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
Hehe. I know. =) But, that's just how saintly I am! Haha.
I hope I can fix them. If not, then I'll have to use a different tileset, which would screw everything up!! Argh! The only reason I say that is because I don't really like the Celadon City tileset, but that's the closest to what I'm using so...

If you overwrote the old Saffron City map, it might have to do with certain positions on the map that are doing that.
If you did overwrite the map, make sure all the level scripts are off, as long as any old date. Try remaking the map as a new map, if you did overwrite.

:]
If not. I can't do much without the Rom. (No I'm not asking for your IPS.)
I had a similar problem. I fixed it, but I don't exactly remember how. :] It's been too long.

Blitzballer

Years
Update~~
[Just felt like being a little artistic...]

Okay, I haven't had a chance to work on the hack much this last week (my grandma got sick, so she had to have her gallbladder removed on my birthday, and I got my learners...in other words, busy week), although, Cooley was hard at work making a titlescreen for Tree of Peace! He ran into some troubles implementing it but sent me all the files. I just have to find someone that can finish the job. I'm about to PM a few people, but beforehand, any takers? =) Anywho, here's what it should look like!
2uza5pc.jpg

Much thanks to Cooley for all his work!
I'll update the credits when everything is implemented. And, gah! Bernie Mac just died...=( Okay, sorry for the offtopic-ness. Stupid phenomia...oops, sorry.

Last edited:

Blitzballer

Years
Whoa, that's very nice, so, your changing the name to Tree of Life?
Well, ACTUALLY...like five minutes ago, I realized (after a few days...haha) that it said that. I've already PMed Cooley to see if he can fix that! =) Although, I do like the sound of Tree of Life...I dunno.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
i think that new title screen's too bright for my eyes. :\

anyways, good luck with this project~

edit...

here's an award for ya for winning in the thread entitled 'Hack of The Week'... ;)

TreeofPeace.png

I will be making awards when I can get an installer for Adobe Photoshop, for making awards and for enhancing my skills, since Photoshop's a subject in our school. :P

Good luck with this hack. ;)

Blitzballer

Years
i think that new title screen's too bright for my eyes. :\

anyways, good luck with this project~

edit...

here's an award for ya for winning in the thread entitled 'Hack of The Week'... ;)

TreeofPeace.png

I will be making awards when I can get an installer for Adobe Photoshop, for making awards and for enhancing my skills, since Photoshop's a subject in our school. :P

Good luck with this hack. ;)
Thanks, a bunch! I've added it to the front! And I completely wish my school had a photoshop class. Haha.

~~
Okay...and now for an update!...after a word from our sponsors. =)

Back