• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
That's unfortunate. I was looking forward to seeing the new version.

So, what are you doing with Pikachu to make it strong? Did you boost its base stats? Just curious.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
at the moment there's not boosts. I'm toying with what to actually boost but haven't decided

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
at the moment there's not boosts. I'm toying with what to actually boost but haven't decided

Well, giving him the light ball wouldn't hurt.

Oh also I found a few bugs.

6ixulc.jpg

Also in Professor Oaks lab, after Blue steals your Pokémon, you're allowed to leave the lab. This causes oddness if you leave and come back in, Blue will move back by professor Oak and then teleport back by the table.

Also, why not give Red's Mom a more appropriate line instead of just "Hello Red". Like that one about "All boys leave home some day. It said so on TV." or whatever that was.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2020
ill have to redownload, and the one im downloading is the the one u have posted in the attachments

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Oh also I found a few bugs.

6ixulc.jpg

Also in Professor Oaks lab, after Blue steals your Pokémon, you're allowed to leave the lab. This causes oddness if you leave and come back in, Blue will move back by professor Oak and then teleport back by the table.

Also, why not give Red's Mom a more appropriate line instead of just "Hello Red". Like that one about "All boys leave home some day. It said so on TV." or whatever that was.

The Mums line has been changed to the yellows version.
Intro text changed to yellows text
The issue with walking over the pokedex is sorted
Leaving the lab early is fixed

ill have to redownload, and the one im downloading is the the one u have posted in the attachments
if its the RGSS104E.dll your missing then you simply need to update the game, its included in the patches

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
Question.
Did you make the patching system using the server thingies poccil implemented in essentials?

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
no, the patcher is a separate program

ok, Version 0.10 has been released
Some screens of some stuff

mum.png

New Mum Text

light-ball-1.png
light-ball-2.png
light-ball-3.png
light-ball-4.png
light-ball-5.png

Obtaining the Light Ball (only happens if you started the game in version 0.9 or below)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
New update out (v0.11) - this one fixes bugs only
Give it 10 minutes from this post for the update to be uploaded

Fixes - Thanks to bogdan for pointing them out

Fixed error when talking to bill
After fighting the team rocket guy, he disappears rather than walk off screen.
When trying to talk to Misty, Pikachu's happiness shows up and he is on top of the player.
Walking into the daycare causes you to become unable to move and you are placed in a spot without ground (black).
You can walk on top of all the houses in vermilion and you cannot read the pokefan's house's sign.
The pokefan doesn't show you his pokemon but acts like he did.
The fisherman next door doesn't give you a rod, but acts like he did.
The Sailor asks you multiple times if you have the ticket.
You cannot board the S.S. Anne.
The sign for Diglett's cave doesn't say anything.
The girl in the house on route 2 just says "Thanks," acting like the character already did something for her.
The sign for the underground path on Cerulean's side has a typo.
You can walk through Snorlax's head.
You can walk up the fence on route 6 near the building leading to Saffron City.
Upon entering the building and then exiting the same way you came in, your character appears 3 steps in front of the building rather than directly in front of it.
You can walk on the houses for the underground path.
You shouldn't be allowed to go towards Lavendar Town without cut. There should be a tree to cut to allow you onto the path to the cave.
When entering Mt. Moon, you cannot leave.
You can't enter the pokecenter on route 10.
The girl standing in front of the cave on route 10 does nothing, can't even click on her.
In the underground path, not walking up the center of the stairs allows one to go in the black area.
You cannot walk in the grass immediately next to the building on route 11.
At the building entrance to Saffron City, the building is cut into two pieces.

TamerKoh

World of Chaos Super Deluxe...
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2012
The screenshots look pretty good. So you're using RPG Maker XP, huh? For some reason, I've been unable to get XP and VX games to work on Windows 7; I'm not quite sure what the issue is. But in any case, the only flaw I happen to notice right now is Red's backsprite. Due to it being a direct rip from the GBA games, it looks out of place compared to the DS graphics. Should you resolve this, it would fit in nicely. Spriter's Resource has the DS trainer backsprites posted already, and with a little editing, you could easily modify one to resemble Red. But overall, I wish you luck on completing this.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
The screenshots look pretty good. So you're using RPG Maker XP, huh? For some reason, I've been unable to get XP and VX games to work on Windows 7; I'm not quite sure what the issue is. But in any case, the only flaw I happen to notice right now is Red's backsprite. Due to it being a direct rip from the GBA games, it looks out of place compared to the DS graphics. Should you resolve this, it would fit in nicely. Spriter's Resource has the DS trainer backsprites posted already, and with a little editing, you could easily modify one to resemble Red. But overall, I wish you luck on completing this.

what happens when you try to play the games? Mine works fine on Windows 7

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Great work not much left you to make hehe :D Good luck ;]

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
This has come such a long way! I haven't tested it, but is all the beginning speech proper with correct punctuation? That put me off last time :D

Well, I wish you luck in completing this, its starting to enter the end!

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
If you mean the intro text before the game starts then yes, its sorted

New screenies

a-bite.png

Fishing in Fuchsia

fish.png

Getting the Good Rod

fuchsia-safari-sign.png
safari-battle.png
safari-cost.png
safari-menu.png
safari-time.png

Safari Zone

random-man.png

Talking to a man in Fuchsia

warden-before-teeth.png

The Safari Zone Warden before giving him his teeth back

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I played the v0.11 demo. It's good. Beyond good. I can't describe how nostalgic it was :P

Things that I didn't like were in the minority, but bad grammar like 'It's a Wii', and 'Wait' weren't the best things to swallow. I understand that those parts are nonexistent later in the demo, so I didn't mind.

I wish you the absolute best of luck in completing this, you've already made yourself a legend in the Pokemon game development community.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
I played the v0.11 demo. It's good. Beyond good. I can't describe how nostalgic it was :P

Things that I didn't like were in the minority, but bad grammar like 'It's a Wii', and 'Wait' weren't the best things to swallow. I understand that those parts are nonexistent later in the demo, so I didn't mind.

I wish you the absolute best of luck in completing this, you've already made yourself a legend in the Pokemon game development community.

that's not bad grammar though

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I think he meant "It's a Wii" should be "It is a Wii." It's not really a problem in most cases, just not considerred proper English... Easy to make that mistake when writing official instead of the way most of us "text" on our phones! I do agree, very good game and little to no mistakes! Congrats!

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
I think he meant "It's a Wii" should be "It is a Wii." It's not really a problem in most cases, just not considerred proper English... Easy to make that mistake when writing official instead of the way most of us "text" on our phones! I do agree, very good game and little to no mistakes! Congrats!

It's proper English. There's absolutely nothing wrong with how it's written. The official Pokemon games use it too.
tumblr_kyomu8Pwuo1qa12hvo1_500.jpg

Otherwise, I'm downloading it right now. From what I can see, it looks really good!

Edit: Everything's really cool but I ran into a bug. When you warp in the house behind the pokecenter in viridian city, you get stuck in the door when you go outside.

Last edited:
Back