• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nervous Habits

Crux

Evermore
Years
The mods? I can only imagine they're watching in a way similar to this.
Spoiler:

Eeh....I....pace. >…<
Yeah,yeah,I know...i've already gotten a lot of complaints/tease/ridicule from it. :<
Luckily I don't generally become that nervous though!

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
My legs do shake a lot, but I tend to pace around nervously as well. Other than that, I think I can keep my Anxiety under control a lot, but there are other times where it's obvious that I'm stressed.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I pace....alot (Like to the point where people get annoyed of seing me just walk back and forth) when I'm thinking about something hard but i wouldnt really call it a nervous habit per se

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I have a lot of nervous habits. My legs will bounce around (but I also have RLS so maybe it's just that), I twirl my hair, I flap my hair around, I slap my hand/face with my hair, I talk funny, I getter jittery/shaky (this happened yesterday for no real reason), I get either very cold or overheated, I bite my tongue or move it around a lot, I clap my hands, cry randomly, laugh inappropriately, accelerated heart rate, and that's really all I can think of.

...I really have a problem on my hands, don't I? Haha. Just yesterday, I was going to our music hall for the drum major tryouts. As I started to get closer, I started to feel really weird and shaky and my heart rate was crazy and I was getting sweaty even though it was kinda cold. So I got upstairs and asked my friend to hold my horn and I went back outside for a bit and sat on the bench and my leg shook around a bit. I took my jacket off as well. Now that I think about it more, I think I have an idea of what this is about, though I don't recall that happening before when I was in a similar situation. Oh well. Want to mention I wasn't trying out for drum major or anything, btw. So lol...like I said, I must really have a problem! Nervous breakdowns apparently run in my family though so idk. :(

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
My legs shake, I'll start pacing around the room, and I know my allergy related scratching becomes worse when I'm nervous and stressed. Basically, when I'm nervous I have a very hard time standing (or sitting) still.

Pvt Tamama

Chii!
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
heart races
i run through my hand through my hair i mess with it a lot and stuff like that and some times i jiggle my legs also

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I'm quite good at hiding my nervousness, unless I'm actually shaking. Sometimes I tend to chew on my lip, but usually I just pretend that nothing is going on and play it off. In my head, though, I'll be freaking out.

Yeah so I generally just ignore my nervousness and/or just deal with it.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I have quite a few habits, like tugging at my hair, hand-ringing, biting my lip, chewing the inside of my cheeks, wobbling my right leg ect. My mom occasionly yells at me for it.
I'm also incredibly shy in real life. I can barely speak to my own mother! I find myself fiddling with my hands and I can not look someone in the eye. A fault I always wished would get better, but I'm really a socially awkward person. > __ <

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
I'm sure this is pretty common but I get really warm. Like all of a sudden, BOOM. I don't sweat though. I hate it because when i'm in bed, late at night, I remember a homework assignment that I forgot to do and I get all warm and can't fall asleep. Cuz its too warm, y'know? Not sure if I do this when I'm nervous, but when I'm made I lick one side of my lips, then the other side. Its so weird XD Another thing I do when i'm nervous is turn my head sharply and look at random things.

Back