• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guys, is this a good team? :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
Just wanted some feedback on my current team :D

Suggestions are open so suggest away!

CURRENT TEAM(FIRE RED):

Blastoise
Machamp
Gengar
*Growlithe
*Pikachu
Pidgeotto

*Growlithe and Pikachu not yet evolved since I'm still training them.

Hope to hear some constructive comments from all of you guys! :D

More power! :D

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Well all are great. But you should better change your Pokemon. And caught Magikarp (You can get in easily in Vermillion city by using a old road. Which you will get in The left side of the Vermillion city) Then use the EXP share to rise up his lvl. Or you can also try hacking (Cheating ) & getting lot of Rare candy. But you better do the EXP sharing way ! (it will evolve in LVL 20) Cause i don't prefer cheating And then instead of using Pikachu will be great. Cause Pikachu may not show up with good defense and get beaten up. And Give your Gyaradose many strong moves. I prefer - Dragon rage, Outrage, Hydro Pump etc. And then Make sure to have lot of Max Potion in the battle.

And Other are good but i prefer you to change the Machamp. As it will not show well performance. But sometime the Rock type also got convenient in some matches. And other are good. And make sure to give your Blastoise some good Moves. As its not so good in attack. But defense will not disturb you with Blastoise. And make sure to give your Pidgeotto flying type moves more then any other type of moves. As in the final battle in league or in Gym battle Flying type moves will show a good performance. If its not agianst Rock type or Steel type or fire. And other are good Though. Best of luck !

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Lets look at this in relation to the Elite 4.

A good Raichu and Arcanine should be able to easily sleep the ice lady.
Pidgeot and Blastoise can sweep fighting dude.
Machamp won't be needed, switch for a Psychic Pokemon such as Abra and evolve to Alakazam and ghost lady will be easy.
And finally, the dragon trainer will be harder, but can be beaten with Ice Beam on your Blastoise and then maybe a few other Pokemon to help.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
Thanks for the input guys! I was thinking of getting Dragonite as well. Is he a good choice? Are there any other psychic pokemon worth considering?

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Thanks for the input guys! I was thinking of getting Dragonite as well. Is he a good choice? Are there any other psychic pokemon worth considering?

Yeah Dragonite is a excellent choice. I prefer Dragonite. And If its your 2nd time (You've beat the e4 one time ) then you can get Mewtwo which is Best psychic type or you can try Azaklazam. But Azaklazam will knock out of the battle soon enough that he could be convenient. So You better take mewtwo if its your 2nd time and if its your 1st time. Then Espeon,Wobbuffet, Gardevoir*, any of these. Hope i helped.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
So which pokemon should I replace with Dragonite? Is Espeon and wobbuffet available in Fire Red? :D

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Replace your Pikachu. but not Growthile make sure to make your Growthile strong. It will help you too much later. Change your Pikachu with A Dragonite. Sorry to say but the only way your going to get them both is to trade them onto Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald because Fire Red doesn't use time like Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Gold and Silver does. To get Espeon your going to have to get Eevee really happy and level it during the AM hours and it will evolve. To get Umbreon your going to have to do the same but level it during PM hours. To make them like just use them in battles, always keep there HP up, let them hold berries and other items, always keep them with you and if you can in Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald get someone to give them massages and groom them. Do this and they should evolve in no time :)

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Replace your Pikachu. but not Growthile make sure to make your Growthile strong. It will help you too much later. Change your Pikachu with A Dragonite. Sorry to say but the only way your going to get them both is to trade them onto Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald because Fire Red doesn't use time like Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Gold and Silver does. To get Espeon your going to have to get Eevee really happy and level it during the AM hours and it will evolve. To get Umbreon your going to have to do the same but level it during PM hours. To make them like just use them in battles, always keep there HP up, let them hold berries and other items, always keep them with you and if you can in Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald get someone to give them massages and groom them. Do this and they should evolve in no time :)

Well eevee can evolve into espeon with sunstone too and Hp doesn't matter, you need to make sure that it doesn't faint! And as far as pikachu is concerned, you can even win with it! Just give it a light ball and level it up 5 more than opponent pokemon and it'll be a murderer.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Yeah it could but Pikachu will not show enough Attraction by winning battles why using Pikachu when we have more good Pokemon then that ? I prefer to change Pikachu iamchpcan and go with my guide in the first Post :P If you have any question ask me i will help you !

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
So now, this is my team to build:

Blastoise
Dragonite
Arcanine
Espeon
Pidgeot

I'm still missing one more pokemon to add to my team? Any suggestions? And what other flying type pokemon can replace my pidgeot in the future (not including any of the legendary birds). :D

Back