• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News shockingly, more white supremacy in the white house

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Senior Trump adviser Stephen Miller shaped the 2016 election coverage of the hard right-wing website Breitbart with material drawn from prominent white nationalists, Islamophobes, and far-right websites, according to a new investigative report by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC).

Miller also railed against those wishing to remove Confederate monuments and flags from public display in the wake of Dylann Roof's murderous 2015 attack on a black church in Charleston, South Carolina, and praised America's early 20th-century race-based, restrictionist immigration policies.

Emails from Miller to a former Breitbart writer, sent before and after he joined the Trump campaign, show Miller obsessively focused on injecting white nationalist-style talking points on race and crime, Confederate monuments, and Islam into the far-right website's campaign coverage, the SPLC report says.
more in link: https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...hen-miller-white-nationalist-agenda-breitbart

is anyone really all that surprised that he's lasted this long, lol

Years
Well, it's no shock that Trumps presidency has made white supremacists and others of that ilk more comfortable. Ever since he was elected similarly bad "politicians" have been elected into other countries. Brazil's president I hear is particularly nasty and he approved massive deforestation and destruction of the amazon.
It's sad the US has this impact, I've even had to block several family friends and old classmates on FB for exposing themselves as racists.

Years
I am not a big fan of the SPLC lately, but some of this stuff is really disgusting like the VDARE stuff, it's late but from what I read on SPLC page there is no links to the actual emails? If there is can someone post them?

Years
The SPLC is a problem rag with as much integrity as a ship made of sugar. Boo hoo. Maybe, just maybe, we can figure out why Sweden is a bomb infested hellhole rather than worry about El Big Bad and his evil plans.

The global shift towards nationalism is happening for a reason and 'muh white supremacy' ain't it chief. It's almost as if mismanaging a country for years has consequences. Kind of like some universal law. Something Newtonian but I can't quite put my finger on it.

When Trump starts killing people like China does in Hong Kong then maybe I'll worry, but that I have yet to see.

Years
The global shift towards nationalism is happening for a reason and 'muh white supremacy' ain't it chief. It's almost as if mismanaging a country for years has consequences. Kind of like some universal law. Something Newtonian but I can't quite put my finger on it.

That is a good question, there is the possibility the internet is helping spread nationalist ideas, access to ideas and like minded people are now easier than ever, and thus the most extreme are easiest to spread. However I also think it may be an increase in tribalism, and this could possibly be measured in how polarized and grouped by race, sex, and sexual orientation, that we can see in a variety of groups. If someone is told they are a bad person, shouldn't have a voice, or privileged because of their identity, they will obviously gravitate more toward groups of similar people that will comfort and support their identity.

This may tie back into the prevalence of the internet and social media in our lives now, as people are more willing to defend their identity/country from those who they believe are attacking them, thus supporting the more nationalist and identity focused candidates.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
The SPLC is a problem rag with as much integrity as a ship made of sugar. Boo hoo. Maybe, just maybe, we can figure out why Sweden is a bomb infested hellhole rather than worry about El Big Bad and his evil plans.

When Trump starts killing people like China does in Hong Kong then maybe I'll worry, but that I have yet to see.

so, just to be clear, you're not worried about rampant white supremacy in the white noise because... sweden? just checking, as I can't fathom why one would shake off such a thing under the guise of 'yay nationalism' unless they were implicitly trying to tie white supremacy to Good Nationalism

just checking!

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Nov 19, 2022
I don't think there is a global shift towards nationalism. I think those yahoos are just being louder and getting more media attention than usual.

No death camps from Trump. The Dems and the media promised there would be death camps.

That is a good question, there is the possibility the internet is helping spread nationalist ideas, access to ideas and like minded people are now easier than ever, and thus the most extreme are easiest to spread. However I also think it may be an increase in tribalism, and this could possibly be measured in how polarized and grouped by race, sex, and sexual orientation, that we can see in a variety of groups. If someone is told they are a bad person, shouldn't have a voice, or privileged because of their identity, they will obviously gravitate more toward groups of similar people that will comfort and support their identity.
The good and the bad of the internet. People can find like minded people and sometimes those like minded people are idiots. People don't like being told they are evil just because. Tends to make them mad. Attack them often enough and they start to respond.

This may tie back into the prevalence of the internet and social media in our lives now, as people are more willing to defend their identity/country from those who they believe are attacking them, thus supporting the more nationalist and identity focused candidates.
Maybe. "This candidate speaks to me and ISN'T calling me racist or talking about how society's ills are my fault. Maybe I'll vote for that person instead of this other one."

Years
I don't think there is a global shift towards nationalism. I think those yahoos are just being louder and getting more media attention than usual.

Ah, but there is indeed. Turkey, Hungary (Victor Orban), Poland, France, Italy (Salvini), Brazil, Greece, Bulgaria, Guatamala, Great Britain (60% for Brexit), United States, Germany (AfD), parts of Sweden, Canada (Quebec), and the slow deterioration of the UN.

Perhaps 'global' is far too broad a term, but it is certainly gaining far more traction than their opposition.

And no, I am not worried about White Supremacy in the least. Because even the trashy SPLC estimates there is roughly 10,000 white supremacists throughout the entire United States, so no, I am not worried. When there appears to be more false and manufactured attacks than actual attacks?

If racism is so rampant why do you need to import it? The left, as far as I am concerned, is far more racist. Calls of 'Uncle Tom', 'House n * *', 'C * n' and 'race betrayer' have all come out the mouths of democrats over the last couple years to dare to think differently.

Poor me, boo hoo! I got called names and am irrevocably wounded! I suppose I better listen to my betters and follow them like the poor lost lamb I am. If words carried weight I'd die from the sheer irony.

So, no I am not worried about President Trump as I do not believe he was one before his presidency and I do not believe he would start now.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
you seem to avoiding the salient point of an avowed white supremacist, known to those who work there and evidently hired for those credentials, having outsized influence on white house policy and surviving when so few other appointees have not

just wondering whether that bothers you to any degree

Years
you seem to avoiding the salient point of an avowed white supremacist, known to those who work there and evidently hired for those credentials, having outsized influence on white house policy and surviving when so few other appointees have not

Have the emails come out? If not then isn't it just an accusation, made by an organization that is facing potentially numerous lawsuits and having already lost a 3.3 million dollar one last year for defamation.

Years

What, like Clinton's mentor, Robert Byrd bothers me? Ha! No, no it does not. What policies will they try to push forward? Black colleges only? Blacks only? You mean like the dems that are so obsessed with skin color? The ones that actively lobby for segregation and individual value differences based just on my skin?

No. It worries me not. Who knows? Maybe you will be proven correct and the horrible huwhite man will hang me, but I have my doubts and I think I can gamble safely that that will not happen. You cannot get me to worry about this, so much of it is wasted effort.

Labels without any adhesive. For the past few years, I have heard and seen people called everything under the sun. The weight and shock value is gone. If shovel pollicies are pushed through, I may grow concerned, but just because the SPLC tells you to panic does not mean I will.

Honestly, I have not heard of being a 'huwhite supreemist' being a hiring incentive on a resumé. I could be wrong, but if it helped him get hired maybe I should fluff my resumé if you think it will help?

Years

This is a good point too. I'll add in that also we are essentially anonymous online so even the nastiest of people can spout their drivel and face no repercussions. Most, if not all white supremacists are also nationalists so they see their opinions in Trump and think that hey if the president can say these things than so can I.

I personally have no use for nationalism there are countries better than mine and I sure wish I lived there.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
There is absolutely a global shift towards nationalism. There are a lot of American nationalists who have never lived anywhere else, probably never travel, and they continue to insist the US is the greatest shit ever.

I lived in the US for 26 years and moved to Finland in 2018, after many trips back and forth. I'd never have guessed that Finland was as nationalist and racist as it is these days, but here I am watching the Perussuomalaiset (far-right) gain more traction every year, largely due to fear of "outsiders." Sweden's going through the same kind of far-right surge. Remember: this is the Nordic region, the part of the world that so many look up to for their wealth, ability to take care of their populace, and their tendency to be inclusive to refugees.

Years
There is absolutely a global shift towards nationalism. There are a lot of American nationalists who have never lived anywhere else, probably never travel, and they continue to insist the US is the greatest shit ever.

I lived in the US for 26 years and moved to Finland in 2018, after many trips back and forth. I'd never have guessed that Finland was as nationalist and racist as it is these days, but here I am watching the Perussuomalaiset (far-right) gain more traction every year, largely due to fear of "outsiders." Sweden's going through the same kind of far-right surge. Remember: this is the Nordic region, the part of the world that so many look up to for their wealth, ability to take care of their populace, and their tendency to be inclusive to refugees.

I'm not entirely surprised, especially since these countries never really had refugees or immigrants for many years and people refuse to let go of their old fashioned views and pass them on to their children. Even back in 2009 I knew this Swedish woman who was so harshly racist against the Japanese and used slurs all the time that I just said "Forget it" and cut her out of my life.
I even heard that Denmark is really harsh on immigration?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today

Yes the US police have never shot innocent people before

Years
Yes the US police have never shot innocent people before

Trayvon Martin and Mike Brown are the biggest ones of this decade and were heavily covered.
Eric Garner was also killed by police, but his death was suffocation and not a gunshot wound but it's still worth mentioning as it is a particularly nasty case and his daughter is still fighting for charges,

Years
Trayvon Martin and Mike Brown are the biggest ones of this decade and were heavily covered.
Eric Garner was also killed by police, but his death was suffocation and not a gunshot wound but it's still worth mentioning as it is a particularly nasty case and his daughter is still fighting for charges,

Yeah but Trayvon wasn't killed by a cop right? Just an overzealous neighborhood watch man. Not to mention Michael Brown was not innocent in his fate.

I would also add in the recent Amber Geiger shooting as well when discussing an innocent person shot by the police, but I don't see how this deals with the original topic, as it's not like the White House is directing the police to kill innocent people.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 4, 2021
idk about you but I think cops being eager to kill black youth has everything to do with racism/white nationalism. and if its something that keeps happening with alarming frequency then its very representative of what is just to the us government.

also "Michael brown was not innocent in his fate" sis i- if you think it's okay for police to execute people over minor crime (especially again, since it's largely targeted towards black youth) i dont even know what to say.

Years
idk about you but I think cops being eager to kill black youth has everything to do with racism/white nationalism. and if its something that keeps happening with alarming frequency then its very representative of what is just to the us government.

Would you also attribute this to black cops? hispanic cops? asian cops? Do they also act in racism/white nationalism?

also "Michael brown was not innocent in his fate" sis i- if you think it's okay for police to execute people over minor crime (especially again, since it's largely targeted towards black youth) i dont even know what to say.

The police, the investigators, the courts, eyewitnesses, even the Justice Department all concluded that Michael Brown reached into the police car and attempted to grab the gun, causing several shots to go off. When the officer got out of the car, Brown turned around and charged at him, which resulted in the final lethal shots. Michael Brown was clearly attempting to kill the police officer as shown by his actions in the car, and would have killed him if not stopped.

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today

Martin wasn't killed by cops, he was killed by a moron playing Dirty Harry who the cops told to not pursue Martin. I'm no fan of the US cops but that time they legitimately had nothing to do with it.

The police, the investigators, the courts, eyewitnesses, even the Justice Department all concluded that Michael Brown reached into the police car and attempted to grab the gun, causing several shots to go off. When the officer got out of the car, Brown turned around and charged at him, which resulted in the final lethal shots. Michael Brown was clearly attempting to kill the police officer as shown by his actions in the car, and would have killed him if not stopped.

That's uh, that's not how semi auto handguns work. Grabbing it doesn't make it go off several times, it certainly doesn't cause it to go off several times more into the street.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back