• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wally's Ralts was shiny?!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Have you ever seen a shiny Pokemon in the game's capture tutorial? Because it's possible in almost every generation. They shiny locked Wally's Ralts in OR/AS, though, thank god. I've never been this unfortunate, though, and I'm glad, because I know the capture tutorial Pokemon can be shiny in almost every game since generation III.

Years
Oh, I know this pain all too well.

Spoiler:

Years
LOL, omg @ above post. I didn't think they could be shiny either! Never had this happen to me, but goodness would I be amused if it did. x'D

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Another interesting tidbit, but Juniper's Mincinno can be shiny in the opening of Black/White.

I wonder if that was an accident in the programming?

Last edited:

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
I have not been so unfortunate as to see a shiny tutorial Pokemon.

Tidbit: According to Youtuber PokeTips, Wally's shiny Raltz in Gen III doesn't carry over to his actual possession, meaning in the trainer battles with him it will NOT be shiny.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
If Wally captured that shiny ralts, Im sure he will just use normal ralts and that shiny goes to waste. There is also the intro shiny sometimes occurred that you unable to catch it

Illyasviel

video game hustler
Years
Yeah, to make matters worse, some people that hunt for shiny starters in RSE end up hitting a shiny enemy Zigzagoon instead (there's no Poké Balls to catch it with at the start).

Back