• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Saiph - The VytroVerse Part 1 (Full Game released!)

Vytron

Just an ordinary Romhacker
Years
Logo-trans.png

A remake is more than inevitable to happen sometime in the future due to how flawed this hack is!
About the Hack

This is Part 1 of my romhack series, The VytroVerse!
Parts:
Spoiler:

A long time ago, I was working on a hack called Pokémon Star Red. It was the first overhaul hack I ever worked on, and looking at the game its pretty obvious. Later on the game got cancelled for many reasons, and for a long time, I haven't started anything related to overhaul hacking. At the time I just started Pokémon Black Advance, another cancelled romhack, that I actually restarted recently as Pokémon Black Redux. After cancelling Black Advance, I started making concepts from the "ashes" of Star Red. I started working on an unnamed hack which was a reboot to Star Red. This hack never got released... After starting Black Redux, I found this "concept hack" hidden on my computer and took a few things from it and reworked it to be able to start something...Something new and better. After finishing the base of this new game, I decided to call it the "unnamed hack"s beta name, Pokémon Saiph. So technically this is a double reboot, a reboot of a long lost cancelled game's re imagination.

Story
Warning! Contains heavy spoilers for Pokemon Rangers Shadows of Almia

Spoiler:

Features
  • A whole new region to explore, the Colen Region
  • A part of Hoenn to explore in the post game (Only in the Full Game!)
  • B2W2 Soundtrack
  • B&W inspired art style
  • Updated game mechanics (PSS split, Fairy type, B2W2 repels, reusable TMs, Pokémon&Moves&Abilities&Items from later Gens, Exp after catching a Pokémon etc.)
  • Side way Stairs with real side way stair mechanics
  • A new evil team to take out, Team Void
  • Updated battle backgrounds
  • New Bag UI
  • Day/Night system

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Downloads

You should check these out!
My Discord Server (Vytron's Romhacking Department), where you can check the game's progress!

Pokemon Black Advance's thread

Pokemon Black Redux's thread

If you wonder what Star Red was

Debut Trailer

Final Trailer

Launch Trailer

Bugs (Demo Version)
  • Rival character is glitchy but for a reason that gets explained in the full game
  • Very small graphical bugs for the ' and " symbols
  • Evaluating the PokéDex messes up Pokémarts, don't evaluate it ever
  • If you start a quest finish it, immediately (Don't leave it started, but unfinished)
  • Lillipup's cry is nightmare fuel

Bugs (Full Version)
  • Rival character is glitchy but for a reason that gets explained in the full game
  • Quest from Anne Bridge freezes the game
  • Save before the Shenow fight on Light Island, if you lose reset the game
  • Riolu is glitchy (don't use it)
  • Habitat's can't be checked in the pokedex (don't check them!)
  • Minor graphical errors (they don't interfere the game itself)

qkiaspf1o57sthizg.jpg
mq7cxp6s62e1plzzg.jpg

Bugs (Full Version 2020 Patch)
  • Save before the Shenow fight on Light Island, if you lose reset the game
  • Minor graphical errors (they don't interfere the game itself)

qkiaspf1o57sthizg.jpg
mq7cxp6s62e1plzzg.jpg

Notes (For the Full Game)
Spoiler:

Testers (Discord names)
Spoiler:

Credits
  • Ishrak's Poketips (Game's Fancy Logo)
  • Mr. Maiker (Translator for Spanish version)
  • LukeeGD (Soundtrack)
  • Dionen, turtwig2 (Tileset)
  • tebited15 (Female Protagonist OWs)
  • h y o (Male Protagonist Backsprite, Battle/Trainer card sprite)
  • pokefreak890 (Big chunk of the game engine)
  • Kiy, usigusom, () and 黒インク (Selection screen)
  • Againsts (Summary screen)
  • Nisarg (Sprite for the Bags)
  • JK from Whack a Hack (Bag UI)
  • diegoisawesome (For his awesome XSE tutorial, I learned scripting from pretty much that)
  • Everyone from VRP (My Discord server) for the Support

Why not check out the next two parts of the series, Pokémon Sors, Pokémon Saiph 2or Pokémon Sors 2? (Click on Support Banner!)

Stealing/Ripping material from the game/screenshots is not allowed!

Last edited:

Karl

Creator of [b]Pokémon Darkfire[/b]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Hey, another great-looking hack popping up.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
oh wow! This looks stunning! I love how've used the BW graphics style and that too in a perfectly fitting manner. Eagerly waiting on a demo for this!

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Credits
  • ???? (Summary screen and Selection screen)

You should fix that Credits list, in my opinion.
The credits for the Selection Screen should go to Kiy, usigusom, () and 黒インク as you can see here.
The credits for the Summary Screen should go to Againsts, as you can see here.
And you're also forgetting to credit JK!! from Whack a Hack who made the interface for the bag, as you can see right here.

Last edited:

Vytron

Years
You should fix that Credits list, in my opinion.
The credits for the Selection Screen should go to Kiy, usigusom, () and 黒インク as you can see here.
The credits for the Summary Screen should goes to Againsts, as you can see here.
And you're also forgetting to credit JK!! from Whack a Hack, who made the interface for the bag as you can see right here.

Thanks, I'll fix it

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
The screenshots are looking pretty so far and it's always nice to see a hack set in a custom region. Best of luck with your new project!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 28, 2022
Personally, i am not a huge fan of BW-styled graphics in rom hacks. However, the story is pretty cool and i love new regions! Good luck

Vytron

Years
Personally, i am not a huge fan of BW-styled graphics in rom hacks. However, the story is pretty cool and i love new regions! Good luck

Thank you, at first I planned have a Gen 4ish art style, but I ditched it early on.

Years
Just a suggestion but it's a good idea to edit your main post with any downloads too incase your thread posts get lost in comments.Gonna try this one out.

Years
4 gyms and roughly 6-8 hours of playtime, if you take your time, do the quest, and not speedrun the game
That is nice to know, definitely gonna give this a try.

Edit- TM's are not reusable as it indicates in the game. Also you might want to check the movement tiles in patter forest as you can walk through some of the trees that is not your entrances. I just beat the first gym so that is where I'm at.

Edit #2- When you enter the first cave through its 2nd entrance it glitches and you get stuck. Can't get past this part.

I play on visualboyadvance.

Last edited:
Back