• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinblockers

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
pokemon_ghost_type_busters.jpg

Spinblockers are arguably the best way to avoid your opponent getting rid of your hazards. The only pokémon that can do this are, of course, Ghost-types, as they are immune to Normal-type attacks, including Rapid Spin. It's normally associated with stall teams, as they need to keep hazards up, as they lack offensive presence and must make the opponent take the most passive damage possible. However, spinblocking is also good for offensive teams that want the opponent taking more hazard damage and giving their sweepers an easier time.

What pokemon do you usually use to spinblock, depending on what tier you battle in? Why do you prefer that spin-blocker over the remaining ghost type pokemon? How does it sync well with your team? What do you think the best spin-blocker is, (or at least, close enough) at this current meta? What do you think a spin-blocker needs (move, type, or any other thing wise) to perform the maximum spin-block efficiency?

Years
Spinblockers are less popular in bw2 because of the power creep. Full stall is really hard/near impossible to pull off, so you're not likely to run into teams that utilize defensive spinblockers. Gengar is an exception to this however, as he has amazing offenses to compliment its great typing. I think it's one of the "best" offensive spinblockers

Hyperbeem

Only got $20 in my pocket
Years
The only viable spinblocker I can see on full stall is Jellicent honestly. Even then, spinners like starmie can break it down relatively easily.

Gym Leader Jake

Water Gym Leader
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 6, 2013
I agree with Hyperbeem, the only thing that has been able to beat my Spinners is Jellicent. Then again, all of this could be solved with a simple Crunch.

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
Spinblockers are not really as viable in NU. In the lowest tier in competitive play, pretty much all the spinners are weak to rocks. So nobody really relies on using spinblockers as the only spinner not weak to rocks is Wartortle, and Wartortle is not that good of a pokemon in general.

But I would say a good spinblocker in the NU tier would be Missy. It has really good defenses boosted with Eviolite and it can go back and burn the spinner to possibly cripple them later.

Golurk can be used as an offensive spinblocker,which can work fairly well.

Back