• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which one is the best water Pokemon?

Pikachu Fan38

Pikachu Rules
Years
Who do you think is the best water Pokemon Feraligatar , Swampert or Blastoise?Or do you think there's a better one.If theres a thread like this already please feel free to close it.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Battle wise:
Kyogre, of course ;_;

Best water type hazer:
Vaporeon, beyond doubt

Best supporter:
Vaporeon... who else can wish?

Personal Favorite:
Quagsire
Dewgong
Cloyster (it's not bad in battle too)
Vaporeon (too powerful to not love it)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
If that's a hint for me to list out "why" then sure

Kyogre
-with auto rain dance, water spout on top of the 400+ special attack is just a killer. It can learn ice beam and thunder too so Kyogre pretty much covered all the types possible. Send out Vaporeon to suck up water? Thunder it. Quagsire to block thunder? Ice beam it (or even, HP Grass rarely). Even if they took down Kyogre, the whole gang of swift swimmer comes out... how is that not the most powerful water type ever? Plus darn it he's legendary and ubarest of the ubar

Hazer
-well plenty of water types can haze, but none can special sponge so well... super high hp and good sp.def as well. Sp.attack isn't so bad either so it can attack as well as defense. Then there's wish for Vaporeon too to do some team healing or self heal. Blastoise can haze, but then can't attack if you make him a hazer who can defend a bit to withstand the dragon danced earthquake. Vaporeon on the other hand, can do so easily and attack at the same time wihtout much EV dumped to its stats

Quagsire is highly usable too... water absorb and immunity to electric is always nice.

Dewgong... fat blubber with high hp and somewhat good sp.def and that's all? It can sheer cold? o.o; Well encore, and perish song too o.o; not much but still I like that cute little thing

Cloyster has insane physical defense (enough to survive metagross meteor mash and still be in green), along with high sp.attack too. Spike, surf in spare time,a nd blow up...

Aggron91

init
Years
allrite kyogre is the best bcoz when you teach it thunder it always hits becoz of the rain, ice beam kills dragons surk kills pretty much any thing if its powerfull enuf, and it learns water spout, need i say more

jokestr2004

Good Command or File Name
Years
frostweaver said:
Quagsire is highly usable too... water absorb and immunity to electric is always nice.

Yes... but Swampert as well has that effect... and I seem to like his arrange of moves better...

Aggron91 said:
allrite kyogre is the best bcoz when you teach it thunder it always hits becoz of the rain, ice beam kills dragons surk kills pretty much any thing if its powerfull enuf, and it learns water spout, need i say more

Good points. But even so it has the rain effect, it works for both battling Pokemon. An electric type could take it down as easily as it could faint, say, another water type. Plus, like I said, Thunder couldnt do much to a Swampert, or as frosty said, Quagsire also. As for the Ice Beam, you pretty much got that covered, cant differ with ya there.

+el_pal

Call meh Zee. Really.
Years
I think Swampert because he loses his weakness of electricity and has earthshaking ground moves. Also he can shoot down thos pesky grass types with an Ice Beam. Dragon who aren't affected by ground can be easily be taken down with Ice.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 19, 2008
But Gyarados is a strong water type too. It can learn a lot of moves too. o.O; It can learn Thunder as well as flamethrower too...

AJHalliwell

Forrest Green Gym- Person
Years
MAGIKARP! lol, no. He's cute though. Starmie is coolest! Vaporeon! And Gyrados!
"Best" is an opinion, so you'll never get a full answer.
But all the water pokemon have cool atributes! PSYDUCK! STARMIE! GOLDEEN! MAGIKARP! VAPOREON! *sighs* they'so cooooooool....
But plant rules over all :)

Aggron91

init
Years
ok jokestr fair enough

jokestr2004 said:
Yes... but Swampert as well has that effect... and I seem to like his arrange of moves better...

Good points. But even so it has the rain effect, it works for both battling Pokemon. An electric type could take it down as easily as it could faint, say, another water type. Plus, like I said, Thunder couldnt do much to a Swampert, or as frosty said, Quagsire also. As for the Ice Beam, you pretty much got that covered, cant differ with ya there.

allrite fair enough, my only problem with swampert is that it only lears a couple of decent moves (earthquake and muddy water) i still like swapert though, in saphire mudkip was my starter pokemon, its female so i have 6 level 60+ swamperts lol

jynx

Er.../eh...
Years
Oh its so diffcult to choose!
Many water Pokemon are my favourite!!
I love them and it is impossible for me to choose which is the beat!

Years
Hey its that asshole pikachufan38 guy that told them to close my thread.I hate you son of a *****.And I also hate that other modereator that closed my thread "kaylighe".Youre provably are some loosers with no friends.I HATE YOU Thanks for making my alraedy miserable life more miserable

Last edited:
Years
By the way Im spaming youre thread jerk SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM.I hope this thread gets close just like mine did.

jynx

Er.../eh...
Years
Oh, Pokepal3000, don't be that angry.
This kind of situations always happen in forums. Normally a post is locked judged by time of post.

Besides, your behaviour is not appropriate in forums. Please just calm yourself down and delete the above posts. Because you'd receive something worse.

-----------------------------------------------------
By the way, please bear my advise, but most moderators in this forum...is rather unfortunate in means of "which post should I lock?".

They moght have too much time and find themselves something to do by locking some posts that does not need to be locked.

Pikachu Fan38

Pikachu Rules
Years
I'm sorry PokePal3000, I didn't mean to get you mad.You're from mexico city too so we could be friends.But please you still shouldn't double post or insult people especially moderators.If you want I can tell you what you should or should'nt do.SORRY FOR GETTING SO OFF TOPIC

jynx

Er.../eh...
Years
Oh well, maybe he has some concept afraiding ppl being "racket" to him (substitude A into I, and C into S.)

Or, maybe because he's new and want to drive attention.

PokePal3000, if you are not banned by any moderators, you are welcome to send private message to me. Tell me why does locking a post make you feel so bad. And what you need for help.
--------------------------------------------------------
Hm...I've decided that my fav water pkmn is...
LAPRAS and SEALEO...
er....still 2...
Argh~~~~ *escapes*

Years
I'm not gonna ask...

Anyways, to get back on topic, I'd think that Feraligator would be the best of the three starters. Blastoise just doesn't seem to have that high of a Sp. Attack. And I can keep on complaining about Swampert's Speed. It's horrendous.

Now, for other Water type Pok?mon, of course, Kyogre takes the spot. Very good Sp. Attack and has ability to make Thunder always hit and power up Hydro Pump. (Too bad it can't leard Hydro Cannon, FR/LG water move only for Blastoise) If I can't choose legendaries, then Starmie makes it to the top of the list. Starmie has incredible speed, a nice Sp. Attack rating, and can learn four different type moves! (Water, Psychic, Electric, and Ice) Basically another Mewtwo if you can recall from Pok?mon Stadium, just not as strong.

Years
Hey Jynx what do you caRE about me.Stay out off this .And by the way Im not gonna rest until pickachu FART38 is banned completely out of this forum.That guy is probably trying to plot against me.And I am a girl retard

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
PokePal3000 said:
Hey its that asshole pikachufan38 guy that told them to close my thread.I hate you son of a *****.And I also hate that other modereator that closed my thread "kaylighe".Youre provably are some loosers with no friends.I HATE YOU Thanks for making my alraedy miserable life more miserable
You think so? That reeaaally bothers me, knowing that someone like you dislikes me. All of your posts in this thread really show how immature you are. Just because I closed your thread, doesn't mean that I dislike you. (Though, now I do, just so you know.) And because of this, you're getting your sorry spamming butt banned. Not Pikachu Fan 38, like you wish, but you! Sayonara, loser!

Back