• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Marriage

Years
*takes deep breath* Wanna get married? Anyone in particular? How would you propose/preferred to be proposed to? What would the ceremony be like? Gist-wise, where would it be? How about the reception? What the hell would you wear? If you're a girl, or not a girl but are into bouquets, what would your bouquet be composed of?

Orrrrr, if you were married, what was all of the above like?

You can't call me a lot of things but thorough isn't one of them...? Damn that is confusing for my tiny brain right now.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I would only marry for name reasons. I would enlope with someone with the same last name as me and then hyphenate it. I'd also divorce, keep the name, and then like a marital sickness try to spread it through the country by going for marry-and-ghost tactics with as many people as possible. To the point that one day in the future, you'd know people with three last names, two of them being mine, have been tricked by me, master of trickery and king of farces!

Years
Although 'girlfriend' sounds better than 'wife' haha, with the right person I would definitely want to get married. If we've spent a considerable amount of time together then I want to further commit to that. Not only for romantic reasons but practical as well -- there are lots of benefits to being legally married, like tax breaks, visa opportunities (if we are citizens of different countries) and such. The people who say you don't need to be married to show how much you love someone don't realize the conveniences marriage would bring to both people, and how much easier life would become.

TY

I should first have a relationship that lasts a while before even remotely thinking about marriage lol

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Yes, someday! In the past I was against even being in a relationship as an adult but I definitely do want to find a person that I love that I'd spend the rest of my life with. I feel like marriage would be important as part of that relationship in terms of commitment and also having a wedding would be a happy memory for both of us to look back on. :) Honestly don't mind how they propose I'd find it cute any way they did it if I love them

Years
Marriage is something I don't consider as especially necessary but it's something nice that I'd like to do. I wouldn't do anything ridiculously extravagant though.

Years
Yes, absolutely! I've been dreaming of a fairy tale wedding my whole life. Of course, marriage is something I'd consider once I'm in a committed relationship and I'd wait until my twenties.

As for my dream wedding dress, these are a few that I simply adore:

JKW220_800x.jpg

30b559f427faa8e8826bf2b519e14bc4.jpg

0facd0b51bad47b593aae82ef098f303.jpg

These dresses I love. I am particularly fond of lace, and I prefer feminine dresses that are low-back. I also really love princess-style dresses, long trains, and lace veils.

280px-Westfassade_Chartres.jpg

For the reception, ideally I would love to have it occur in a gothic style church or cathedral, as I am a Christian.

My closest friends would be bridesmaids and my elder sister would most likely be my maid of honour. I would invite a lot of people to my wedding as I want it to be quite the gargantuan celebration. I could go into detail about the ceremony itself, the venue, the flowers, and other minuscule details but I think it is fairly evident that I have quite extravagant tastes.

Of course, my wedding might look much different than how I imagine it to be. At the end of the day, love is what's truly important. As long as I find someone who'll love, cherish, and respect me, I'll be alright.

Last edited:

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
i absolutely wanna get married. i plan on getting married in a few years hopefully. i'm not sure what i would wear but i like the colors purple and gold for my wedding <3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Yes, I would like to get married.

In fact, me and my boyfriend have talked about it recently and he wants to make it happen one day.

However, he needs to get his shit together first. >_>

I'd like to get surprised. It could be out of random while we go out on dates or when we are traveling. I'd like to have a royal-like wedding at the Renaissance festival (it's not that expensive to hold a wedding there :D).

And my dress would not be too extravagant, but I'm hoping for something like this:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 4, 2018
I would only marry for name reasons. I would enlope with someone with the same last name as me and then hyphenate it.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Marriage is such a romantic notion, one I will certainly take up if the chance ever arises! Every girl should have their dream wedding! Just the idea of a gentleman proposing to me turns my knees into jelly, haha. And my wedding will be extravagant.

Not to mention I want heaps of kids, so marriage is the best place to start.

As for wedding dresses, something lacy and voluminous, with a coloured ribbon sash drawn around my upper waist to flatter my figure. ♥

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
I will get married, yes. Bloody yes. The union of humans, two people committing themselves to fidelity and sharing a life together, is a glorious concept. The reality can be a bit... hideous, but whatever. I can always just bump them off if the divorce gets too expensive, right? But I need to get married because I want to adopt children and I don't want to do it alone. I need someone to even out my fucking psychosis so the kiddiewinks don't get messed up.

I was thinking of having a simple beach ceremony. Frangipanis. Soft waves. Nice garb. Now I'm not so certain... it would be wonderful to get married in a European church, or something. Grand, extravagant, rich in religious significance. Or maybe a Portuguese library! Except I don't want to get married in Portugal because I ain't shipping over two families and paying for their tickets! I'm generous, not insane. Hrmm... I'll just steal the library like Bowser. Fucking genius is Bowser.

I haven't got many plans for my reception, other than it'll linger far past midnight and anyone who tries to leave early will be sniped. Party breaker-uppers are evil.

WAIT. Epiphany. I'll have a snow wedding. Arctic Circle. If my spouse says shit like 'But I want a say in it!' then I'll just ignore them. Married person's prerogative. Engaged person's prerogative, too.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I got married on December 7, 1941 2017 at 19. I had been dating my husband for several months, and he had come over on a visitor's visa to the US in August, when around November we decided to go through with it and stay together forever. The idea had been tossed around since July though probably, with no decisiveness.

The ceremony was the lamest you can imagine. We originally wanted to get married in Japan, but we had no time and familial support from his side was rocky as hell. We went to the capitol courthouse and I phoned my old boss at a moment's notice to come because we feared my mother couldn't make it and we'd be down 1 of the 2 witness signatures required by law. We both wore tuxedos and bequeathed identical, gemless platinum wedding bands onto each other.

wedding-bands-150ppi.jpg

We just had our first anniversary together in Singapore. We stayed with the family at Sentosa resort (with the Universal Studios and all), and for the day we got a few spare vouchers from my mother-in-law to book Marina Bay Sands. After that we stayed in a super-hi-tech hotel called Yotel near downtown.

Last edited:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I don't know if I ever will. I haven't found the right person for me just yet. I don't really interact much outside of the internet, and it's really hard to find that particular person online as well. Currently, I feel very aromantic/asexual... mostly because I'm not all that interested or anything. If the moment does come along, I wouldn't mind taking the chance. :3

Back