• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Deleted

TickleTot

Shiny ruler
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2020
Have you ever had an important pokemon you liked deleted or your save file deleted by someone else?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Not that I know of, no. Though I've always warned anyone who decides to play my game that they can start a new game, just not save it over mine.

Years
When I borrowed my cousin's copy of Yellow a bajillion years ago, I just continued on with his save file, and managed to beat the Elite Four and catch Mewtwo for him. Then somehow my sister got a hold of my Game Boy, started up a new save file, and overwrote the data after she got bored of playing for like 10 minutes. She would've only been 4 or 5 at the time, so I'm surprised she managed to do that, but both of us were still pissed after all the effort we put into that save.

Years
well, there was that mysterious time. i was playing firered for the first time and i actually picked bulbasaur and i was at pewter city. took a break and laid down my gba. turned off and all. i was at the house and a bunch of my cousins and my sister was there. i opened my gba and somehow i was at viridian city with a charmander and a female sprite. oddly enough, all the cousins at home were boys. the only two girls at home back then was my mother and my sister. i asked my sister if she played, but she said she was with mom the whole time, helping her cook. and mom confirmed.

in the end, i figured out it must be one of my cousins or something. didn't really mind it since i wanted squirtle over bulbasaur anyway

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
Nope. Nobody else ever plays on my copies of the games. Although I have traded a few Pokémon online that I used to use, so I don't know if they still exist or not.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I have had my file deleted two times. First time I don't know how it got deleted but I'm guessing a classmate took my Gameboy out of my backpack when I was out of the classroom and deleted it and the second time my file got deleted was when a classmate wanted a Squirtle. He started a new file on my Blue version so that he could trade Squirtle to his Silver version but in order to trade, you have to save first and that's how I lost all my lvl 100 Pokemon.

Back