Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

Ad Content

#251   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 2 Weeks Ago (8:08 AM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by Janp.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by saniachan View Post
Say, about the ultimate challenge, does it really have to be all regions? I found this one sign-up in a challenge where they missed a region in their sign-up (in this case, Kalos), so I'm wondering if it's okay.
Ultimate is usually considered to all regions at the time of sign-up/completion. I remember completing Ultimate Solo Challenge with Nidoqueen before the release of XY and it was considered as Ultimate even after they were released (But I think it was marked as Gen V Ultimate later). And I remember some hosts allowed players to exclude XY from Ultimates when 3DS was still new.
In the end I would say it's on the host to decide what is needed for completing Ultimate run for their Challenge.

Speaking of the one in String Hexalocke, I think that user either forgot to include one game for Kalos.

EDIT: I should send the messages right away instead of leaving them open for several hours and doing something else. I noticed the problem was already resolved.
  #252   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 1 Week Ago (10:05 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
You might've noticed it, but some of the challenges were labeled with "Challenge" prefix. And new type of threads appeared - Discussion. In an attempt to make this forum place where you can not only put your challenge journals/logs, challenge's ideas, but to also discuss this topic outside the Chit-Chat, we decided to try putting discussions in here. Feel free to create your own discussion threads.

And with that we had to update rules, so check them out before posting.
  #253   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 1 Week Ago (12:18 PM).
Lover <3

Nature: Quiet
    I wanna make a piano/ukulele challenge. I don't know how to execute that though.
      #254   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 6 Days Ago (9:37 AM).
    XIII

Nature: Timid
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fenberry View Post
    I wanna make a piano/ukulele challenge. I don't know how to execute that though.
    this is totally a crack idea and don't listen to me at all honestly but the first thing that came to mind w this is using only a team of pokemon whose cries fall into a certain musical key. lmfao i don't know HOW you would even begin to construct that though and that requires an ear that i don't think everyone has. plus some of the newer cries don't even really have a musical key. and some are just screeches.

could also consider having to have sound based moves? and everyone has to have a chatot on the team or smth. but that's more music inspired than specifically piano or ukulele. i think a sound based challenge could work as a more broad thing, but you create some harder perimeters if you limit it by instrument.

this got longer than expected whoops.

kiss me once, kiss me twice.
      #255   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 6 Days Ago (2:26 PM).
    Lover <3

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
      this is totally a crack idea and don't listen to me at all honestly but the first thing that came to mind w this is using only a team of pokemon whose cries fall into a certain musical key. lmfao i don't know HOW you would even begin to construct that though and that requires an ear that i don't think everyone has. plus some of the newer cries don't even really have a musical key. and some are just screeches.

could also consider having to have sound based moves? and everyone has to have a chatot on the team or smth. but that's more music inspired than specifically piano or ukulele. i think a sound based challenge could work as a more broad thing, but you create some harder perimeters if you limit it by instrument.

this got longer than expected whoops.
      WOAH. That would actually be really cool!
        #256   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 3 Days Ago (10:07 AM).
      XIII

i have a lot of free time lately between being jobless and our internet fizzling out constantly and i keep getting this light urge to play pokemon, but i just never know what i wanna do. i'm trying to comb through the challenges here and see if anything ignites me, but lately every time i've restarted a pokemon game for either a challenge or a simple playthrough, i just get really bored. any suggestions that might keep me entertained?

#257   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 3 Days Ago (11:14 AM).
      Lover <3

Quote:
        i have a lot of free time lately between being jobless and our internet fizzling out constantly and i keep getting this light urge to play pokemon, but i just never know what i wanna do. i'm trying to comb through the challenges here and see if anything ignites me, but lately every time i've restarted a pokemon game for either a challenge or a simple playthrough, i just get really bored. any suggestions that might keep me entertained?
        Maybe an eevee only run through? Of course, you'd have to hack in eevees...
          #258   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 3 Days Ago (11:30 AM).
        XIII

Quote:
        mmm idk, feels a little like. something i would have done when i was 12 aha. i mean i have multiple 3DSes and games, i'm capable of trading w myself though.

#259   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 3 Days Ago (11:30 AM). Edited 3 Days Ago by fenberry.
        Lover <3

Quote:
          mmm idk, feels a little like. something i would have done when i was 12 aha. i mean i have multiple 3DSes and games, i'm capable of trading w myself though.
          Yea, I get it!
            #260   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old 1 Day Ago (10:55 PM).
          Me!

Nature: Rash
            Quote:
            Eevee is awesome. I did an Eevee solo run through Leaf Green once. Brock was annoying though, after that it went quite smoothly. The champion was a little hard again

Quick Reply