• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Designer/Writer/Scripter looking for a team.

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2019
Hello, I'm a seasoned game developer mainly working in Unreal Engine 4.

I would like to join a team with a promising hack idea or one that is already in development.

I can write a narrative but mostly I am counting on some sidequests.
I can script the dialogues, events and quests by myself. I am not experienced in XSE however I've done games with UE4 and GameMaker scripting so I doubt it will be a big challenge.
I can design levels (worked on UE4, GameMaker's and DyingLight editor).

I have already written several sidequests and keep inventing new ones

Preferences:
-probably FireRed or Emerald based (why? I love this gen and its color palette)
-a project that is very likely to be finished (without tons of features and 12 regions)

My dream was always to play a Pokemon game where the plot is mature and not so hackneyed as in original games, where the gameplay leaves more freedom to a player.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 14, 2019
XSE is rom hacking, no? There are forums specifically for that.

Here, the focus is on games made in original engines (ie the common one of RPG Maker XP with the Pokémon Essentials kit)

What you want can definitely be achieved here. It has coding in Ruby that can improve and modify games.

You also might want to elaborate on what you mean by mature. It can mean anything from well written, introspective, thoughtful stories to the edgiest of edge

Just so you can make your desires clear

Back