• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding New Moves and Creating New Move Effects

Years
EDIT: Take a look at this thread to make custom animations, by Chaos Rush: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=281520

EDIT2: Everyone do this too. Update PGE's ini file (Open up PGE, goto Help > Update > ROM ini file). Then, go to where we were changing the pointers for the attack data and such, and there should be a new pointer at the bottom that says "AttackAnimationPointer". Change that to your new location for the attack animations (the one originally at 0x1C68F4, in my examples I placed it at 0x90336C).

nice tutorail
whats the code for rock climb?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 16, 2016
What code do we start with if our move is combining two effects but won't do damage? I am trying to combine foresight with lock-on to make miracle eye, but don't know where to start.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
What code do we start with if our move is combining two effects but won't do damage? I am trying to combine foresight with lock-on to make miracle eye, but don't know where to start.

I've already uploaded a Miracle Eye effect somewhere in the Move Resource thread, although it isn't the most optimised.

~SAGE

Peruvian Rom Hacker
Years
Which is the max number of moves i can add (in the MrDs 1.5a is 511)
Is true it can't be expanded more?

@MrDollSteak

Last edited:

Geodude6

It's just me.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
Is it normal for the new moves in the expanded table to be a bunch of junk moves (with names like " Â F[?] [?] [?] ")?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 15, 2020
is it possible to add roosts effect of taking away the flying type from the pokemon? if not its cool im just curious since itd be nice to have it work just like its suppose to ty :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 2, 2020
I've followed the tutorial and done all of the steps 4-5 times and still everytime I try a new move effect it says: "Charmander turnes into a GRASS-type" What am I doing wrong?

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
Years
can someone help me
i have been wreaking my brain for the last 2 hours on how but my hex understanding is at lvl 0

I am trying to make new move effects for some signature moves
Reborn for moltress, supposed to use both soft boiled and Aroma therapy effects

and for celebi, time portal
using wish and future sight, or something similar to moltress reborn but adding damage and only effects celebi

officially i wanted moltress reborn to work like a full restore, but seems that is impossible

anyway, just trying to find the first line/ code is too much, the tutorial gives the code for damage attacks to work from, but i see to many different codes for non damage attacks

plus just looking at the codes, with for example soft boiled effect, which seems to be to go from 69a1 to 75d1 (may not be fully accurate), which seems way to big to be correct

so yeah, I am lost here

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2017
Hello
I am trying to make new effect bytes, but i want to ask something
is it possible to run a custom asm routine using a move?.
I recently made an asm routine, that heals all your pokemon in the party.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 12, 2023
Hello
I am trying to make new effect bytes, but i want to ask something
is it possible to run a custom asm routine using a move?.
I recently made an asm routine, that heals all your pokemon in the party.

Yep! You could use the callasm command. You'll need to insert the command yourself, it can be found here. So your move effect would look something like (in battle script pro)

#org @start
attackcanceler
ppreduce
attackstring
callasm 0x8[your_offset +1]
goto 0x1D694E

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 13, 2020
Maybe this was already discussed in the thread but I didn't make it through the 11 pages? sorry :tongue-poke:

Here are some more effects related to the (FB) byte between 01 and 3B (All of them have their effect chance given by the 6th byte of the 12byte long battle data):

(01 - 09): Affects target instead.
0E: Same
(0F - 1C): Affects target.
1D: Makes the opponent take a turn to recover (that's pretty OP XD)
22, 25 and 26: Same.
(27 - 34): Affects target.
35: Applies outrage's effect to you and your opponent, with the same move, and both get confusion in the end. Because you can control it with the effect chance byte, you might not be trapped by the effect but your opponent can. (This one is even crazier than 1D)
3B: Users special attack lowers two levels.

I wonder if there is another tables both for the user (setting chance) and the opponent (always hit). In my to do list!

PS: To change the effect chance byte, i like to use G3T.

Edit: I'm actually hacking Emerald, just remembered that. So this post might not be that useful to the thread...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 20, 2023
I use Leafgreen and NOTHING is similar. (The Hex date they are not the same)

Pointers are going to be different between ROMs. The Attack Animation offset is a table, and a table in terms of ROM hacking, is a collection of pointers that the game refers to. So obviously tables will be completely different, but they will be in the same format. In order to find the Attack Animation Table in Ruby, what you should do is this:

1. Go to the offset of the table in a FireRed ROM
2. Go to the offset that the first pointer lists in the table
3. NOW search for that hex data in a Ruby ROM
4. Look at the offset that the search took you in the Ruby ROM, then convert it to a pointer
5. Search for your new pointer in the Ruby ROM
6. You should now be at the Animation Table for Ruby

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 26, 2023
I made Spectral Thief.

00 02 03 BD F2 7D 1D 08 09 0A 10 9C 00 12 40 00 28 00 69 1D 08

Steals stat boosts (Pysch up derivative) then damages

For Firered

Last edited:
Years
Has anyone figured out how to remove the disable/ volt absorb/ flash fire/ water absorb text corruption glitch yet?

Back