• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where did your username come from?

Zarude

Self-Certified Comma Abuser
Years
I don't really remember, as it has been like 2 years.
I think I just came up with some random words,

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
I have multiple usernames across the internet, but Noblejanobii specifically harkens back to my days in chatrooms when generation 5 was first being released. I really liked Servine and the site I was using misspelled its Japanese name as Janobii instead of Janovy (though I've been told the pronunciation is similar/the same). So I stuck with that for a while but as I joined bigger forums that name would be taken so I needed to make it a bit more unique and just picked a random adjective to toss in.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
From the fact that people always think I'm adorable... so I thought "Adorbz" was cuter, and I added to "fangirl" since I am one! :3 Thus, AdorbzFangirl was born! It's my favorite username, and I often try to use it wherever if I can.

Years
I have multiple usernames across the internet, but Noblejanobii specifically harkens back to my days in chatrooms when generation 5 was first being released. I really liked Servine and the site I was using misspelled its Japanese name as Janobii instead of Janovy (though I've been told the pronunciation is similar/the same). So I stuck with that for a while but as I joined bigger forums that name would be taken so I needed to make it a bit more unique and just picked a random adjective to toss in.

Ahh another Servine fan :D

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Back when I was finishing up Highschool, when CSGO had that huge revival in popularity, my friends thought it would be cool to start a clan based on the periodic table.

Criiiiiiinge

I've been working on giving my username a different but equally cringy meaning.

Years
My username was born from the depths of hell itself! Only by combining Dark, Black and Shadow is Drakow born! Hahahaha, weep in despair at the terror of my might!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
My username was born from the depths of hell itself! Only by combining Dark, Black and Shadow is Drakow born! Hahahaha, weep in despair at the terror of my might!

ah, there you are Owain, I've been looking for you everywhere

Stumpy.

[b][i][color=#330033][font="Lobster Two]The Lone P
Years
Funny story (not really xD), but my username comes from a Pokémon!

Phantump to be exact xD Phantump is known as the "Stump Pokémon".
So I took the Stump and added 'y', to make it roll off the tongue better.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
My username's real meaning will go completely unnoticed unless I actually explain it (which saddens me, but oh well). The word "harmonie", as I chose it, doesn't refer to 'harmony', but is still musical in meaning. It is a term used in Europe dating back to the Baroque era and on which refers to an ensemble of woodwind and brass instruments. In my reading, I also recall it referring to the wind section of the orchestra. (I stumbled upon this term while reading a history book on the bassoon. lol)

I love woodwind and brass instruments. I play/have played quite a few. I also own quite a collection of them. I'm obsessed. This username is kind of perfect for me. It also can reflect on me being a musicology student. lol I just wish this meaning weren't so darn obscure. Oh well.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Treecko is my favorite Pokemon. So...Treecko. I usually go by AWsquared online and simply put it's my initials AW and squared. Originally i went by AWolfsquared or AWolfAWolf. I hate typing all that in so I just shortened it to AWsquared.

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
Years
So, I have had 4 accounts on this forum. One of them I just lost access to due to password reset things. Two I just forgot about, and this one.

My first was PokeHunterBlack, because back then I really wanted to make my own fan game. It would have been based around hunting valuable pokemon, selling them for money, and killing trainers you beat. Quite dark for a 14 year old. I can't exactly remember why I chose Black, I guess because I was at an edgy phase.

The other two were literally just Neo in front of one of my favourite pokemon at the time.

My current one I actually got from another fan game, Pokemon Rejuvenation. The character I'm using, their name is Decibel. I thought it was a cool name. Since someone else here has that name, I added 575 to it. Not much to it really. XD

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
My name is Emily, which I like to shorten to "Em". Ghost is my favorite Pokemon type, and if I had to compare myself to a fantastic creature, no contest - I'd be a ghost.

Zankew

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
Years
God knows
When i was creating this account, this word suddenly rung in my ears(i know thats extremely weird)

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Autistic + Unicorn = Auticorn

It's something I came up with for some reason. I love unicorns lately, so I wanted something that represented this a lot. :3 That, and the fact that I'm also autistic as well.

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
Years
Mine came from 2 Album Names
The name itself is a verbose version Radiohead album name, That being Kid A, where the A here is the name of another one of their albums

Aldo

Survivalist
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
It's from a DLC character of a game-making engine

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
My brother memed about his user midlsleet and then I counter memes with juliorain as in the rain on your parade the end to your happy day because I have arrived for victory. It was also July and raining.... instead of July I thought the Spanish Julio was much more interesting and doubled as an actual name. I decided to keep rain English for the multilingual effect.... a lot of thought went into this xD

Back