• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] SM Episode 115

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
320px-SM115.png

Ya boi Guzma finally appeared!! Who here was waiting all this time for this to happen because I certainly was!

What'd you think about Guzma so far? Did you think the wait was worth it? What do you think is going to happen during the league now with him aiming to destroy it? Discuss this episode and Guzma!​

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 18, 2019
I really appreciate the obvious tension between Guzma and Kukui, as well as the obvious inward tension Guzma seems to possess. He's a pretty good translation from the games to the anime, which isn't always done effectively — and I especially liked Ash's reaction to his arrival. I don't think I've seen him that serious since the beginning of the SM anime, so it's good to see him show a little more gravity.

I think Guzma's going to be a good rival in general — we haven't seen a full battle between him and Ash, not between him and Kukui, so it'll be interesting to see his full team and whether it resembles his game team. Given the lack of full teams in the anime, having Guzma compete in the league to prove his worth both to himself and to Kukui would make for an interesting turn. I know his plan is to destroy it, but I also like the idea of him aiming to destroy it by winning and dismantling the entire system while champion.

I definitely wish he wasn't so late in the arc since I love his character, but he's not a disappointment. I think he's worth the wait.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Your post 100%. I love Ash in Sun/Moon and I think overall his characterization is really good and better than XY in terms of his bond with Pikachu, his cheeriness, and a few minor things that XY!Ash seemed to lack. But you're absolutely correct in Ash in Sun/Moon not being as serious (which works well due to the atmosphere of the series). I think the only other time we've seen him as such is during his battle with Hala. But there it was more showing his temper than showing his seriousness to the gravity of a situation.

I can't wait to see more between Guzma and Kukui. The game touched upon it, I feel, but the anime is given the opportunity to expand upon that and seeing as Kukui's words hit Guzma pretty hard (punching the wall when they got to the Team Skull home yikes) I can't wait to see their next interaction.

The wait was long, but I believe it was absolutely worth it. His appearance here right when the league was announced gave his character more importance as just the leader of Team Skull which would've happened if he had shown up earlier just to cause trouble. He's not just here to do that, he's here to outright destroy Kukui's dreams and that weighs so much more than just a one-off "OH HEEEY HERE'S YOUR BOI GUZMA" and I'm so glad for it because hes an important character that deserves imporance in this show.

SkyEmpress

Emperor of Destruction Guzma
Years
Guzma episode

finally episode 115 of the s nm episode. he makes his first appearance .

for me I am happy, his VA was awesome. he is strong, as I was actually afraid that Satoshi was going to win. But I am glad he didn't.

Now I really wanna know more about this past of him with Kukui and I just cannot wait for more episode.

I mostly didn't follow S/M but only the Skull eps,

SO what did ya all think about him?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
finally episode 115 of the s nm episode. he makes his first appearance .

for me I am happy, his VA was awesome. he is strong, as I was actually afraid that Satoshi was going to win. But I am glad he didn't.

Now I really wanna know more about this past of him with Kukui and I just cannot wait for more episode.

I mostly didn't follow S/M but only the Skull eps,

SO what did ya all think about him?

Since we already have a thread for this episode i merged your posted with the existing thread! Im looking forward to the interactions between kukui and guzma as well!

Years
Guzma is the king of the Team Skull and he is the most amazing rapper out there, also i feel like he is going to make his secret goal to invade the Alola region much like how Lysandre invaded Kalos and attack Ash and his Pokemon. :D

I am still somewhat disappointed about Yasuyuki Kase being casted as Guzma, Yoshiha Kawahara should be an perfect choice for him to voice, not him!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
If they do another opening for Sun/Moon I can see them putting Guzma in it then. I guess they didn't want to spoil Guzma when they first made the opening Your Adventure haha.

And yeah his voice isn't bad at all! Sure, other VAs would have been a good choice too, but the choice they made was solid.

Years
I loved his art and animation, demeanor, interactions with Kukui, voice actor, everything. This episode was everything I wanted and more! Am extremely excited to see more of him in the anime. /thumbsup

Last edited:
Years
i liked that he covered up golisopod's emergency exit ability as a reason to quit. nice of ash to use iron tail against a water/bug type. so far, liking guzma's appearance. still would have preferred a kukui vs guzma battle though :/

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Im glad they didnt go kukui vs guzma personally!! Just as long as we get one down the line bc i think the battle would have so much more impact if they built upon it rather than "oh they know eachother BATTLE" if you know what i mean. Its like ash's battles with his rivals. They have so much more impact (for the most part. Gary and paul are the biggest examples here) when they have more history. I feel its the same once we know the full extent of their history kukui and guzma will be suuch a treat to watch.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
i even re watched ep 115 recently. and enjoyed watching it. as I said before in the games there wasnt much of a storyline..only that he was helping lillie mom and thats all..not a real reasoon why.

Thats the extent of it, yeah. Kukui mentioned the whole thing about not becoming kahunas and running away like he did in the anime but it was never expanded upon so im really hoping they expand it in the anime!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Guzma is done justice here; he's a really strong trainer in the games, and the anime he's a darn good threat too. I really look forward on how Ash will battle him the next time. c:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Again, I'm sure there will when we get closer to the league. However, there's no need to point out that you find the other episodes are boring every other post. ;)

Back