• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UU Rain Dance Team

TheUltimateFail

The Failure
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 5, 2011
I'm new to battling competitively so please tell me everything wrong with my team and what I should do to fix it. Anyway here's the team:

Electrode-Damp Rock
Ability:Soundproof Nature:Hasty
Rain Dance
Explosion
Taunt
Thunder
Evs:252 Atk/48 Spa/208 Spe
This is straight off of Smogon Electrode seems like the best lead to me personally due to his high speed and his taunt can stop spikes.

Kabutops-Life Orb
Ability:Swift Swim Nature:Adamant
Swords Dance
Aqua Tail
Stone Edge
Aqua Jet
Evs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
Physical Sweeper. Aqua Jet for revenge killing.

Ludicolo-Life Orb
Ability:Swift Swim Nature:Modest
Surf
Energy Ball
Ice Beam
Rain Dance
Evs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
Special sweeper, also used to take out water types in the rain. Can set up rain if it goes away too.

Chansey-Leftovers
Ability:Natural Cure Nature:Calm
Wish
Protect
Seismic Toss
Thunder Wave
Evs: 252 SpD/252 HP/ 4 Def
Wish for healing my sweepers, I'll switch in when they have a special sweeper T wave to slow them down, or wish to heal my sweepers.

Cloyster-Leftovers
Ability:Shell Armor Nature:Bold
Rain Dance
Protect
Rapid Spin
Explosion
Evs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Atk
Not really sure about Cloyster... seems pretty pointless other than for keeping up rain and getting rid of spikes.

Leafeon-Leftovers
Ability:Leaf Guard Nature: Jolly
Baton Pass
Swords Dance
Synthesis
Leaf Blade
Evs: 252 Spe/252 Def/4 HP
I know this seems weird in a Rain Dance team but Leafeon is great for baton passing Swords Dance to Kabutops.

This is my first team I've made, I haven't used it yet either just trying to throw out some ideas and get some suggestions back.

scizor007

Vengeance
Years
Your team suffers from a major toxicroak weakness,as it virtually owns your entire team.I'd ditch cloyster and get Donpan in-its a pretty good wall,can spin,AND can kill croak.

Also,baton pass doesn't really work on rain teams too well;so I would suggest a Gorebyss or Lanturn in ts place.Gorebyss can rip off croak with psychic,and Lanturn's a decent wall,as well as a pretty good sweeper,with its Volt absorb ability.The choice is yours though.

Also Waterfall>Aqua tail on tops for a decent flinch rate plus 100% accuracy.

TheUltimateFail

The Failure
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 5, 2011
Thanks I really wasn't sure on the last 3 pokemon at all but I had to post a full team. I didn't even think of the Toxicroak weakness either.

Back