• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Wow, a global trading station? thats pretty cool! is it online trading, or just with NPCs (I assume the latter)

Also, you're up to vermillion. Thats quite a lot of progress, you should be able to move this to The Showcase soon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
The GTS is Online like the DS games. There's no direct trading between people like the trade/union rooms like the games. I want to be able to have that but still trying to work out the best way of doing it

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Vermilion Gym update
ver-gym2.png
ver-gym3.png
vs%20lt.%20surge%201.png
vs%20lt.%20surge%202.png
vs%20lt.%20surge%203.png
vs%20lt.%20surge%204.png

I'm looking for someone who can do a rocker overworld and/or trainer sprite. Let me know if you can. As you can see i have a gen 1 sprite in there to remind me to get it sorted

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
I'm undecided about Jhoto, if i do it'll be an addon after the main game is finished

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
Oh man, that's sweet.

I'd make a hack based off of your hack. That's how well-done it looks.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Evil Arms
There's a few maps that are edited rips, mainly the gyms plus a couple of other complicated maps, but for the most part they are made by me

Marilynasol
As KingSnivy said, this isn't a hack, this is made using RPG Maker XP

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Do you plan on adding minigames, similar to the Pokeathlon, Contests, Berry Blender, etc.? If you don't know how to, you can message me and I can help you out.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
At this stage its undecided, i want to get most of the mapping work out of the way

~|Sora|~

Gold and Silver Remake.
Years
Hi everyone!
Well I find interesting the project, a remake of Pokemon Yellow ...
I like the idea.
Well, now talk about the rest of the details:
I guess the plot and story are the same, only with other features and new developments.
The tiles are not bad, but I think that being a remake itself could use other types of tiles, such as those used now, like B / W and as the OW's.
The blades are the originals of each tile, so it would look more customized the visual appearance could set a color for each tile of either a tree or a building your own colors.
The maps look good, the bad are the graphics, which as I said above, are seen.
The interior tiles you use I love, the Vermilion City Gym is great. Good work, I love VS bar is perfect for your project.
Well now I have nothing more to say or think, I just hope more updates and news of the game.
Good luck and courage, my friend.
Greetings! :)

Att. ~|Sora|~.

triggerhappymonk

Strong as crap trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2012
Nice game! It's a creative twist on the original Yellow version. A few complaints though: No Sprites for Pikachu after you lost to it for the first time, when you talk to Pikachu more than once the game glitches and crashes, and no wild Pokemon music. other than that, the game is really good keep it up!

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
triggerhappymonk
Which version of the game are you running? I've just played through till after the first rival battle and leaving pallet town and didn't encounter any of those using the latest (0.4). Can you also give me the message from the crash, i think its fixed in version 0.5 (unreleased yet) but i want to make sure

~|Sora|~
As for the tiles, it started off with fire red/leaf green tiles then was suggested to use hg/ss, and if i'm not mistaken, b/w had only just come out when i started so there wasn't tileset/sprites available.

Not sure what you mean about the blades

Edit
Just noticed that people may have had problems with the version 0.4 patch not extracting into the root folder, instead it was extracting to a completely different folder. You should be able to patch correctly now

Last edited:

Orangturttle

Magikarp MASTER!
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
Okay, seeing as there have been over 150 [or something like that] replies, I have not read them. So what I am about to say has probably been said, countless times.
When I first opened this up, I thought "oh great... another attempt at recreating one of the games..." Then I read it... and this is really good.. I looked at your website and you have actually made a lot of progress good job! I think the tiles are perfect for what you're doing. And all in all, this looks like a pretty sound project! Good Job! And Good Luck!

-OT

Years
Impressive

Your mapping skills are very sleek.
Played the demo, definitely impressed with the overall work you put into this.
Yellow was my favorite pokemon game because you could get charmander, bulbasaur, squirtle, and pikachu! I never really needed another party besides HM slaves. Game was awesome, and you're not doing it any shame.
9/10. <3

Back