• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokémon Platinum Deluxe

Should Pokémon, that originally evolved by Happiness, Evolve by Level now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
As Oxnite previously stated, your Pokemon will faint a lot more and therefore lose (20) happiness. 20 hard earned happiness down the drain because of one silly mistake. Do you really want that? I know I don't.

@Oxnite: You should add a poll asking whether or not to include happiness evolutions.

Good idea, I might do that soon.

Thanks for all the great comments, people.

Oh, and, @Spookymuffin (and actually everyone else playing the game), I'd like to hear all details about what you like and what not! Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
@Oxnite: Yeah! and that will solve all our problems! =D See how it all works out?

And how much longer until version 2? :)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
You should include happiness evoultions
it prevents cheaters to evolve there pokémon by Rare candys
And it make the pokémon more strong in battle be evolving and happiness ;)

Years
Yeah, I feel kind of stupid now. I downloaded the patch and followed the instructions (select the patch and the rom using the xdelta gui.exe and applying the patch) but it doesn't seem to be working; as in nothing happens after I click "apply patch".

Could it have anything to do with the operating system that I'm running (Vista)?

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
@Hallway Kid: Whooaaa, where did I get 20 from...? ._. Lol.

I still like the level implements better, tho'.

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
Having you pokemon faint only decreases 1 happiness point, growing a level gains 2. Items like potions do not decrease happiness, only herb items do that. It is easier than you would think to evolve a pokemon through happiness.

My source:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Happiness

Oh, right.. My theory was wrong, it seems.

But, for example, my Budew evolved at level 30 or something like that, I really hated it. I'm going to open a Poll directly so you can vote!

Yeah, I feel kind of stupid now. I downloaded the patch and followed the instructions (select the patch and the rom using the xdelta gui.exe and applying the patch) but it doesn't seem to be working; as in nothing happens after I click "apply patch".

Could it have anything to do with the operating system that I'm running (Vista)?

I have Vista too, so that shouldn't be a problem.. Tomorrow I'll try to upload Version 2 and I'll search for a better patching way. Sorry for the troubles!

I'm also going to post some nice screenshots tomorrow! Please keep looking back!

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
@Oxnite: Why don't you patch it and upload the patched version? O:

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
But what about all those roms in the Hacks Showcase forum? @.@ Obviously it's illegal.

EDIT: Okay, turns out you can't post the roms. :[

My bad. Again.

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
Nope, posting Roms is illegal. That's too bad, indeed.

I'm currently searching for a better Patching way, so I can upload Version 1.1 again. Version 2 will take some more time because I'm testing it and I really want to update some text.

Therefore, I need thenewpoketext working and it doesn't work at the moment. Hopefully somebody can help me with that very soon.

UPDATE: Added Rozen's Userbar to the first post.

I've got a nice screenshot below, though. Don't look at it if you don't want to be spoiled!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
hey how do I have to patch this, and on which rom???????????

You have to patch it on a untouched Pokémon Platinum Rom.

Please read the attached readme, it should explain everything!

blue

gucci
Years
RoarkTheResearcher.png

Thats one nice screenshot (I wonder what's going on) it's great how youve done it, youve done a great job so far, can't wait for Version 2! :P

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
@Oxnite: Well, this method of patching is really simple-- I doubt you can find something easier.

manalord

Amazing Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
so what you did was destroy the story and are calling it a hack? or is there a new story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back