• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I'm not saying to not use those songs; but these are songs that aren't included on the FR/LG OST, and it'd be cool if he could somehow do it.

I have NO idea how he would do it. I'm not a GBA hacker; I'm pretty sure it's impossible. But I figured I might as well bring it up, in the one-in-a-million chance that it could be useful.

That's just the kind of person I am.

lol well it's just the kind of person you are... can't change that now, can I?

Ah-ah-ah~

There is a tool called Sappy, where you can extract files from other games (ie: Pokemon Ruby) and then put them in Pokemon FireRed. Useful, ne?

Anyways, wonder what else you could put in Pokemon ShinyGold? Maybe zel should make a feature list, and people can vote on what feature they like the best, and then he can incorporate it into the hack. At least, after the first poll is up and done. That poll is so old now XD

Sorry, I'm not very good with ideas today. Hehehe~

We're you laughing at me:(

Whatever I don't care lol.

Sappy you say? Well I'll have to look into that one.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2007
wow everyday i come to this forum theres a whole new page of comments wow this forum is insanely popular an congratulations on finishing the tr event!! this hack is the only remake that looks like it will finish

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Wth?!

Ok, I opened the Rom, got past the title screen, and...

Your mum is so fat she eats children for lunch and breakfast.

Is this Zel's humor again?! Must be...I was lmao when I read it. To stop Pirates?

Pokemon_X

Trainer
Years
What the..?

I think i've read this before ,but it wasn't on the glichtlist so i'll just write it.
When entering the burndown tower Silver talks to Gold, but he doesn't fight Gold.
EDIT: Sorry, found it now. Well better search for a ROM that will work

Last edited:

Blastoise

Der Lufthausen
Years
Ah-ah-ah~

There is a tool called Sappy, where you can extract files from other games (ie: Pokemon Ruby) and then put them in Pokemon FireRed. Useful, ne?

Sounds nifty. But FR/LG uses slightly different audio samples than R/S; if things are how I think they are, importing it directly would result in a big mess until you changed the sample referencing (i.e. which sample is being used for that note), which I don't know how to do.

Unless, of course, different sample sets are used for each track...I know someone who writes music for GBA games, I could probably ask him how all of that works.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Uh oh...

ARG! The Pirate Strikes again...:pirate:
it freakin saids "Say NO to pirates"... what no to pirates don't you get?? stupid ebay pirates...

(can't post links yet... >_<)

so far 1 bid for 40 bucks... poor buyers...

Uh oh...you pirate had better watch your butt, Zel's gonna get you.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
It will be able to battle with other SGs, right? See, I've got a Mac, so they haven't released VBA link for the Mac yet. >=O I'll get a Mac-PC soon though. Maybe if I downloaded to a Flash Cart, I could trade with other versions, to trade to them, not to trade to me. Don't worry, I won't sell it! I may show it off to my friends, though...:badsmile: lol

I have one last question...I think in Argentina, they speak Spanish, right? And the j is pronounced sort of like an English h, right? So when you say jeje, jaja, or jojo, do you mean hehe, haha, hoho? Just a simple question.

Well, I haven't tried to use the Link to test it... And... I think trading pokes caught in a hack wouldn't be like coughcheatingcough...?
And you are right 'bout the "jaja, jeje, jojo". There are a few things I can't get rid of, jojo!

well, Kanto shouldn't take too long, that's for sure, knowing how good you are at hacking

It depends... If I have too many ideas, the scripting could take longer (specially when Kanto's gonna be filled with a few new rivals, and those two...)

Anyway will you include that event and the lighthouse in your new beta?

Of course. Only the things after the Ice cave (included) won't be in B3.

By that time you have like 7 badges and you are really sick of TR... Ugh. Team Rocket sucks.

Say, have you thought of a way for the player to catch Celebi?

Yes, TR is crap... Fortunately I'll give'em better lineups for the Hard Version.
And... Not sure yet about when to give the player the GS-Ball. (Razmaster, I still have your idea in my mind!)

in a town wherever in johto, you'll see the hero from R/S/E, saying he's going to move

The problem is that it would be strange. And, I have killed his sprite to make Silver, I think I told you this before. It's pointless to lose a sprite for a small cameo. Sorry, but still, no.

Maybe zel should make a feature list, and people can vote on what feature they like the best, and then he can incorporate it into the hack. At least, after the first poll is up and done. That poll is so old now XD

I'm not a too democratic person, lol
If there's something that I really feel needs to be consulted, I'd do, though.
But you're right 'bout the poll. I'm gonna ask to delete it.

Ok, I opened the Rom, got past the title screen, and...

Your mum is so fat she eats children for lunch and breakfast.

Is this Zel's humor again?! Must be...I was lmao when I read it. To stop Pirates?

Definitely not my sense of humor. Even though it may seem strange, you are not the first person that tells me this (Mr.Snrub told me by PM before).
Well... I have searched the texts using A-Text, and I didn't found such string. So, I guess there's something rare in your rom (perhaps an old patch?, or a bad dump?)

ARG! The Pirate Strikes again...:pirate:
it freakin saids "Say NO to pirates"... what no to pirates don't you get?? stupid ebay pirates...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pokemon-SHINY-G...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

so far 1 bid for 40 bucks... poor buyers...

B3 luckily will have the following screen, right at the beginning, jaja! that is my sense of humor... :laugh:

jajaos1.png

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
Nice Ideas Zel. Especialy the last one in your last post. But anyway i have a question. Who is that guy with the red hat and trench coat that keeps challenging you every step of the way? You know the guy who challenges you after Eqruteke Gym

Also I think the guy who pirated this version made a new one.

If you remember he already had 3 bidders. But now it seemes he made a new bidding thing. He wants to make a buisness out of this

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Cheating? Nah...

Well, I wouldn't call it cheating...I would call it...um...DARN IT I CAN"T COME UP WITH ANY WITTY IDEAS!!! Yes, I suppose it could be aclled, "cheating", but it's Nintendo's fault for remaking FR and LG instead of SG and SS. And besides...it's trading, and it isn't a GAmeshark. It will also greatly help my skills. Cheating? Nah...Game Enhancer...yeah. (There it is!! :laugh: )

By the way, Grim. I'm pretty sure that's Zel's character!

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Well, I wouldn't call it cheating...I would call it...um...DARN IT I CAN"T COME UP WITH ANY WITTY IDEAS!!! Yes, I suppose it could be aclled, "cheating", but it's Nintendo's fault for remaking FR and LG instead of SG and SS. And besides...it's trading, and it isn't a GAmeshark. It will also greatly help my skills. Cheating? Nah...Game Enhancer...yeah. (There it is!! :laugh: )

By the way, Grim. I'm pretty sure that's Zel's character!

Well you werent the only one, i tried trading using VBAlink and got me no where but besides having my save mess up in shinygold where it made only the character from gold into firered. And Grim, zel adds characters like the guy in the red hat, just to have addional battles, just like the happy couple in ecruteak:laugh:, not a 100% remake.

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Have you tried connecting to another Shiny Gold? Or battling with another version?

no i connected it to a firered... funny thing like i mentioned earlier... Gold ended up on sevii island 7 like on my firered was lasted save before trying, and has the same team as red... even though i wasnt able to trade(because of some fault at .sa1 and .sa2 file save stuff)... lol... yah i wont do that again...EVER! (maybe the reason why is because zel uses the islands for Johto)...besides like zel said, he would have all the 386 pokemon exist in the game somehow so no need to trade. But it would be awesome to trade from SG to FR, just to fill in the pokedex, in some areas that dont exist in FR or Emerald like celebi for example without cheating, but that would be cheating:\

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Well, for the pokedex, it would be all right. Well, I think that, at least. Is it our faults NIntendo released the events ONCE?! Besides, just as long as you don't competitive battle, I don't see much of a problem for battling. FInally, they don't have competitive pokedex completion battles, so once again, using SG to get 100 pokes for dex shouldn't be too much of a problem...if it ever works.

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
right but i never tried link battling .But what i meant by cheating is like, when someone notices you have a cyndaquil in firered and that it came from NEW BARK town then people especially nintendo will know its a fake, but its not a problem supposedly, since were not allowed to trade or maybe battle with SG

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2012
Well you werent the only one, i tried trading using VBAlink and got me no where but besides having my save mess up in shinygold where it made only the character from gold into firered. And Grim, zel adds characters like the guy in the red hat, just to have addional battles, just like the happy couple in ecruteak:laugh:, not a 100% remake.

I managed to trade from a different FR rom to SG successfully, although I didn't try battling, or trading between two SG versions.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Well, you could always breed with that magical creature, ditto. Besides, do the other games even have New Bark town programmed in? I think it says something like, "Captured in a place far away", or along the lines of that.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I think i've read this before ,but it wasn't on the glichtlist so i'll just write it.
When entering the burndown tower Silver talks to Gold, but he doesn't fight Gold.

I'm pretty late to answer this I was just going through the last page of this thread...
I'm pretty sure even in the original GSC games you don't fight the rival when you enter Burned Tower (is that the real name? I'll just call the The Legendairy Dogs are in the Basement Tower for now:P)

ssj

Kanto Legend
Years
I know this is looking into the future seeing as B3 isnt out yet but, any idea when the final version will be out ?

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Well, you could always breed with that magical creature, ditto. Besides, do the other games even have New Bark town programmed in? I think it says something like, "Captured in a place far away", or along the lines of that.

I managed to trade from a different FR rom to SG successfully, although I didn't try battling, or trading between two SG versions.

ok i gave it a shot one last time, and i was successful too... Just dont try to trade in the Union wireless room, theres something buggy with that. So i restarted SG, got a cyndaquil, which i was tempting to trade it over to FR, it wouldnt let me, because i also restarted on FR, so i did not get the national dex(probably why). I manage to trade over a pidgey for a charmander and check out the statues on cyndaquil on firered, it said it was met on Island 1:laugh:. so no, NEW BARK town wouldn't be programmed in the games because zel hack it off the islands. Interesting, how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back