• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"The Best Defense is a Good Offense" [Steel-Type Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirfetch’d

I'd want Skarmory to exist in real life because not only is it a cool looking Pokemon that I adore, but it can also fly. I could imagine myself being able to be transported anywhere in the world if Skarmory existed.

Years
Yeah I'd also love a Skarmory for same reasons as Jelli above. Come on, who'd love flying on an awesome-looking metal bird who's so badass? And it has always been a favorite in competitive play too!

Years
Username:Youngster Timmy
Partners:Underrated the Malwile
Join reason: Steel has always been one of my favorite types, it probably would be my favorite, but the game I grew up with didn't have it in the main game (I'm looking at you FireRed).
Fave Steel type: Nostalgia-wise, I love Malwile, as a kid for some reason I thought that he looked totally awesome. Nowadays, my favorite is probably Bastiodon, thanks to him be on my Pearl team and sweeping half of the Elite Four.

Sirfetch’d

Partners:Underrated the Malwile
Join reason: Steel has always been one of my favorite types, it probably would be my favorite, but the game I grew up with didn't have it in the main game (I'm looking at you FireRed).
Fave Steel type: Nostalgia-wise, I love Malwile, as a kid for some reason I thought that he looked totally awesome. Nowadays, my favorite is probably Bastiodon, thanks to him be on my Pearl team and sweeping half of the Elite Four.

Welcome to the club Timmy!

Mawile is a really cool Steel type Pokemon that I believe never really gets any love. How excited are you about it gaining a mega evolution this upcoming gen?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Do you think the introduction of Steel-types in Gen II was necessary?

With the huge dominance of poison-types introduced in Generation I and very little being able to stop them, steel-types were necessary in my opinion. They were kind of like a type to restore balance between the rest and make sure every type had its chance to shine. Psychic was by far one of the most overpowered along with the Ghastly family which surprisingly did well as the only ghost-types in Gen I. Without steel-types, there would be types that overruled the entire game and types that didn't have necessity in the game at all. They were also there probably to stop the menacing dragons that would come later on. To sum it all up, they're like the butter holding the type balance together. Without them, the type chart would be an absolute disaster.

What steel type would you like to have in real life and why?

Skarmory doesn't sound half bad actually. Being able to fly through almost any conditions while also making a good pet. However I honestly want to own a Cobalion. Just being able to ride on its back while travelling in the countryside or forest, while it does have the downfall of not being able to fly, I feel like it'd last way longer than a Skarmory. Plus it'd be a brilliant protector with the various moves up its sleeve and its intimidating look would scare pickpockets off. All in all, it'd be a great Pokemon to have.

Years
Do you think the introduction of Steel-types in Gen II was necessary?

Well, given the strength of Psychic-types back in 1st Gen, I think the addition of Dark and Steel was good move by Game Freak. There was very little that could stop Psychic-types back then, not to mention Bug-types were so weak back then. It's all part of a balancing measure, sorta like what happened when Fairy-types were added in 6th Gen after it was realized the impressive stats and movepools of Dragon-types was causing such a problem they had to try and nerf the type in some way. If Steel-types did not exist today, there would have been some Pokemon that would not have existed today had it not been implemented. Steel-types are also common in competitive play due to the mass amount of resistances they have, and like what good old Narnia said above, if Steel-types would not have existed today the type chart would have been a disaster.

Pokemount

Hello
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
If any steel pokemon could exist in real life I'd probably want Skarmory as well, for most of the reasons listed above.

Years
Updates:

Youngster Timmy has been added to the Members list. Welcome :)
New topic has been added: If there is one thing you can improve on Steel-type in general (ex. moves, Pokemon), what would it be?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
If there is one thing you can improve on Steel-type in general (ex. moves, Pokemon), what would it be?

I'd improve slightly on their overall perception from fans. When one thinks of steel-types, the first thing that probably comes to a new player's mind are intimidating Pokemon that are slow but defensive. But really that isn't all of them. I don't like how a majority of them have this "come near me and I'll rip your head off" image. Every type needs balance amongst the designs. Some cute ones, some intimidating ones, while its nice to have such a powerful type, they kind of needed to balance it out more design-wise. The only cute steel-type I can think of right now is Aron and even then that stare is just unsettling. They mainly just need to stop giving all steel-types that 'intimidating' look because its just getting bland and boring.

And honestly I want more steel-type stat raising moves. Shift Gear on its own is kind of sad. :I

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
... you guys would have a Skarmory in real life? The heck is wrong with you all - that thing is terrifying! You'd wake up to find it looming over you about to rip your throat out whilst you're busy worrying about all the slashes and cuts you've had to deal with from touching it. Not a good Pokémon to have! I'd much prefer something like Bronzor - it's so damn cute and just think of all the ways you could use his psychic powers haha.

Sirfetch’d

If there is one thing you can improve on Steel-type in general (ex. moves, Pokemon), what would it be?

Pretty much agreeing on everything that Sophie said as well as there needs to be more Steel type moves that are specially based. I am more of a fan of Special Attackers and there is currently what? 1 specially based Steel type attack(Flash Cannon). I know that Steel types don't have a lot of coverage and this probably wouldn't see much use, but would be fun regardless. Also please give us a baby Steel Pokemon! As Sophie previously stated there aren't many cute Steel Pokemon out there maybe aside from Bronzor and having a baby Steel Pokemon would be fabulous! It might take away from some of that intimidation factor that is usually associated with Steel types.

Years
Hello! I want to join this Club. :3

Username/Nickname:
Radiance

Partner(s) - You can pick up to 2 different Partners from the list below:
Skarmory, Bastiodon

What made you join this club?
The love for cold steel types! <3

What is your favorite Steel-type Pokémon?
Bastiodon

I would have to say the variety of Pokemon. There aren't enough Steel types. There are also not enough of Steel-type moves. There's just not a lot to use. The designs are epic though! :P

Sirfetch’d

Welcome to this club as well Radiance! You picked 2 really interesting Pokemon as partners that I both really like. Both really have a niche in being able to tank hits while also being able to set up hazards. Bastidon also has Sturdy and Metal Burst combo that if played correctly can guarantee a KO of your opponent. I also agree with you that we need more Steel types. Such an underrated type that never gets enough love so GF really needs to put them out there and have more for people to love. You can never have enough Steel Pokemon! <3

Years
Welcome, Radiance! I'll put you in the members list shortly.

Also to give some fresh new things to talk about in this club, I present a new topic: Which Steel-type Pokemon do you use the most often, be it your in-game party or competitive scene?

Sirfetch’d

The Steel types that I probably use the most often are Skarmory and Bronzong. I use these more from a competitive scene because they are certainly more useful in that effect. Both have excellent defenses, access to entry hazards, and can really annoy the opponent. Skarmory can Whirlwind away your stat boosts and Bronzong can set up dual screens for your team. Overall two really great Pokemon. =]

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
Years
Username: Shizzable
Partner: Aggron (I need nothing else)
What made you join this club? Steel types are pure awesome. I love all of them, and it's my favorite type.
What is your favorite Steel-type Pokémon? Aggron is my favorite Steel type, as well as my favorite Pokemon.

Sirfetch’d

Partner: Aggron (I need nothing else)
What made you join this club? Steel types are pure awesome. I love all of them, and it's my favorite type.
What is your favorite Steel-type Pokémon? Aggron is my favorite Steel type, as well as my favorite Pokemon.

Welcome to the club, Shizzable! What an interesting username you have. I like it! Aggron has always stood out to me as one of the most underrated Steel Pokemon. He probably isn't used much because of his bad typing, having a double weakness to fighting, but he is incredibly powerful. I have recently started using him and I have been very pleased =]

Years
Welcome to the club, Shizzable! I'll add you to the members list shortly.

I always use Steel type Pokemon in rain, particularly Scizor. Steel + Rain = Match made in heaven.

Years
Which Steel-type Pokemon do you use the most often, be it your in-game party or competitive scene?

I probably use Scizor the most. He's one of the more powerful ones and he's used by others quite often.

Sirfetch’d

I will have to agree with you guys there. Scizor is really awesome and especially in rain. Cutting down on his only weakness makes him a force to mess with. He can unleash a powerful attack on nearly any Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back