• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
amaura's evolution appearance leaked on french site:

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/screenshots/images/00047/00047571_172.htm

pokemon-x-nintendo-3ds-1379583186-174.jpg

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm not exactly sure what it is, but something about this artwork just makes me think that it's fan-made. Maybe it's the way that it is drawn? Official art seems to be more colorful, but this one is a little... dark. d: I love the way that this Pokémon is designed, though! It's extremely adorable. Plus, those blue gems that are on its body are just simply beautiful! If I had a Pokémon like this in real life, then I would have it following me around at all times. xD

Last edited:
Years
A new information on the anime was revealed.
I know its not related to this thread, but what seem to me interesting is that one of the characters they showcased is Giovanni.
If any team rocket member to show why not Jessi and James?

I really have this feeling that Giovanni does have a connection to Kalos/team Flare, no serious clue, just a feeling...

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
not really
its more like a ice type move (so ice type pokemon get type bonus on it) with the added effect of doing double damage to water type, thats all

so it means this move can do 4 times damage to say water/flying type, with only ice pokemon getting STAB on it

too many news cant breath...

-If you catch a pokemon your pokemon (the one that was fighting the caught pokemon) will now gain XP.

Source: Serebii

About time, it make sense

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
not really
its more like a ice type move (so ice type pokemon get type bonus on it) with the added effect of doing double damage to water type, thats all

so it means this move can do 4 times damage to say water/flying type, with only ice pokemon getting STAB on it

too many news cant breath...

-If you catch a pokemon your pokemon (the one that was fighting the caught pokemon) will now gain XP.

Source: Serebii

About time, it make sense

What are your thoughts when they said all pokemon will be available in XY . How do you think they will play that off ?

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
maybe it just mean that u can trade in any pokemon over from the older versions, not that all pokemon can be caught in the game. besides theres the pokebank anyway.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
maybe it just mean that u can trade in any pokemon over from the older versions, not that all pokemon can be caught in the game. besides theres the pokebank anyway.

Hmm I'm not sure. That wasn't stated in gen 4 or 5 where you could trade in all of your pokemon as well. I think this may actually be able to catch all pokemon in these two games
Hmmm

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Alright, now I'm eager to choose between Tyrunt and Amaura, now that the latter's evo learns an Ice move that's SE against Water types.

Gen 1: 151 Pokemon.
Gen 2: 251 Pokemon

100 Pokemon added.

Gen 3: 386 Pokemon

Around 135 Pokemon added.

Gen 4: 493 Pokemon:

107 Pokemon added

gen 5: 649 Pokemon

A whopping 156 Pokemon added, more than any other generation so far.

I think around 120 is a safe bet, don't you think? It's not too high of a number, and not too low, so I don't see how there could be any letdown from this.

120 is still too much for an even-numbred gen, because every even-numbered gen has 100+ new Pokemon. It's like predicting a 55+ character roster for SSB4, it's just a pipe dream.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
IMO it isn't too much, given the trend. You want to lower the numbers? Then fine. 110. Given that Gen 4 added at least 107 new Pokemon, I don't see anything wrong with adding an extra three. 105 is probably the lowest I'd be willing to go.

I'm gonna assume maybe close to the original of 150. I only say this because we already got 39 pokemon reviled and you figure 42 because of the starters final Evo so that means if we had 105 we'd only get 63 new pokemon take away 12 for the legendaries and we only have 51.
Well maybe 150 would be much , I'd say 120 or 130 would be a good bet

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2019

I Don't think so. They have clearly said "X and Y will include all Pokemon from all previous games, offering the largest selection of Pokemon in any of the series' titles. " . Nothing regarding trade has been mentioned.
Amaura's evolution is called Aurorus. Beautiful.

Back