• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

long term values of old pkmn cards

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Dec 30, 2017
So I found my old collection of pokemon cards (base set from the 90's, fossil, gym challenge, neo revelations, safari etc.... basically all the cards from the 90's) and decided to look up my rares value on eBay.

Of course i find that most cards are worth tops 20 bucks in near mint condition. Im wondering if these cards will have the potential to reach above 300 dollars or so in collectibility lets say in 30-40 years assuming they are near mint?

I really don't want to keep my cards if they are going to remain worthless (if my whole collection is worth a few hundred bucks thats pretty bad considering i think i invested more cash into that just getting the cards).

Anyone with insights on this would be appreciated. Im leaning towards selling a few of my top rares right now and I might get 100 bucks....

Years
So I found my old collection of pokemon cards (base set from the 90's, fossil, gym challenge, neo revelations, safari etc.... basically all the cards from the 90's) and decided to look up my rares value on eBay.

Of course i find that most cards are worth tops 20 bucks in near mint condition. Im wondering if these cards will have the potential to reach above 300 dollars or so in collectibility lets say in 30-40 years assuming they are near mint?

I really don't want to keep my cards if they are going to remain worthless (if my whole collection is worth a few hundred bucks thats pretty bad considering i think i invested more cash into that just getting the cards).

Anyone with insights on this would be appreciated. Im leaning towards selling a few of my top rares right now and I might get 100 bucks....

Outside of a few that are known among casual collectors, the values aren't going to skyrocket any time soon. With as many people into Pokemon as there are, it is very unlikely that most individual cards will soar to $300 in value. Stuff that's worth more than $300 is either very popular and are known to the general public (like 1st Edition Base Set Charizard) or a very rare card to find (such as the POP Series 5 Gold Star Espeon and Umbreon).

Last edited:
Back