• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
Yeah, it should be released in GBA but too bad it won't.

Note to Zel:

To make RSE trading possible, you should make a sidequest of collecting a Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald Gem.
But you will be able to catch all of the pokemon when it is finished so it wouldn't really matter if you could trade.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
In the Whirl Islands cave there is a Pokeball on one square of land halfway down the middle of a waterfall. Since you can't pick up anything while surfing, how are you supposed to pick up that ball? Am I missing something or is this something for a future version?

Ehhhmmm... Have you tried going DOWN the waterfall???

zel if u r doing so iam sorry for repeating !
i think u should give hoenn team to kanto leaders and all trainers in kanto
and i think u can add some places or cities in kanto for adding certain events u have planned. and sorry for the team i submitted before because i didnt know u like water and dragon pokes.

last but not the least
thank you for the game u have made

As you know the "Normal version" of Shiny Gold sticks the lineups exactly as it was in the original (with the exceptions of the extra trainers), while in SGX I give all of the trainers a bit more variety.

Zel, Are you going to redue all the maps for kanto or just some of them?

Unfortunately, yes, I must redo parts of the original maps. Mainly because there appeared tile errors with the tile changes, and because I want the maps to look as they did in Gold, and not as they did in FR. Well, I don't care much about that, since I've completely remapped the whole Johto.

Note to Zel:

To make RSE trading possible, you should make a sidequest of collecting a Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald Gem.

It is not necessary to get the gems, at least that's what I think. What I think is needed is to activate the event (or a flag or something) in the old Island1 PC.

I've been in at least 200 encounters and I haven't seen a Scizor in that route yet...

Btw, Is Zel going to fix that tree glitch were the main character appear as trees?

Talk about bad luck... :P
And about the hero showing up as h.trees, that's fixed because it only happened in the "X" version of the game (well, at least I know in the normal didn't happen)

OK. I'm still at Saffron, but luckily I've finished the classic scripting, all the outside and inside of Saffron (including the Gym). Silph is left to do, because there's the extra event and a little mapping I need to do (this time Silph's building will be quite simple to navigate, and there won't be trainers there, except for J&J)
And that was today's update. Let's see what else I can do...

Later!

Years
Zel, great progress! Thanks for posting in my games thread, it means a lot!

One question, will you be able to explore saffron? Because.. you just mentioned, and I quote,
(this time Silph's building will be quite simple to navigate, and there won't be trainers there, except for J&J)
So.. J&J being there is a clue to my curiosity..

*cough* ANYways.. Zel, I wish you good luck!

antzmaster89

Upcoming Master
Years
Well done on ur progress so far in this game Zel ur doin well :P hey that rhymes but anyways.. Lookin forward to ur next post of ur progress :) Im gunna sit here at home and play leaf green and mystery dungeon red for a while lol i got nuthin betta to do so yeah good luck wid da rest of the game Zel... Oh and Ptudia i love that link i havent seen that thing for a very long time haha made me laugh and i fell for it *sighs*

Mario Famous

Confidential...=/
Years
Phew I finally found Scizor on route 43...I swear Zel must have thier encounter rate on 1%. I've also noticed that Zel slipped Seviper into route 43...lol, his encounter rate is a low as Scizor's

When you said Hoenn Pokemon were going to be hard to find you weren't kidding. Keep up the good work on this hack

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
I have a supercard and have put shinygold on there, it starts up fine and everything, but i cannot get onto the new bark town map. Everytime i use any warp to take me there, i hear the music but get no picture. Is this something you planned Zel, to stop pirates or is there something else wrong? Anyways, the hack is amazing and i can't wait for more!

Years
Phew I finally found Scizor on route 43...I swear Zel must have thier encounter rate on 1%. I've also noticed that Zel slipped Seviper into route 43...lol, his encounter rate is a low as Scizor's

When you said Hoenn Pokemon were going to be hard to find you weren't kidding. Keep up the good work on this hack

actually scizor has less of an encounter rate than seviper.

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
Years
who is going to start all over when zel updates this?

No one has to start over if the map they were on remains the same. That's how I've been playing the betas as they came out.

Anyways Zel, long time no see. I'm amazed. This game has come a long way since I started playing it sometime in 2006. It makes me smile to know that you have been working so hard on this game. I'd say some more inspirational words, but I have none to say, except my congratulations on a job well done. Keep up the good work!

Pokemon Master D-P

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2007
No one has to start over if the map they were on remains the same. That's how I've been playing the betas as they came out.

Anyways Zel, long time no see. I'm amazed. This game has come a long way since I started playing it sometime in 2006. It makes me smile to know that you have been working so hard on this game. I'd say some more inspirational words, but I have none to say, except my congratulations on a job well done. Keep up the good work!

i know that but zel might add some story to the first few towns and if you dont start over you will miss out

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
How come the Champion of the Elite Four is Gary? o.o (Walk through walls cheat)

Well think about that. If the beta your playing only goes up to ice path which doesn't include the elite four, and this is a fire red hack. Wouldn't it still be the same as in fire red?

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2014
hi this is my firs post :D
i love your game Zel :) i have an idea, you want your game to be unique maybe you should ude pokemon sprites in battle from pokemon diamon/pealr games, they look better, back of pokemon can be from fire red ... all images are in serebii.net/pokedex-dp/ just select pokemon and you will have all information about it and image in game :)

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
Years
pretty sure zel has said he doesn't want to do that. And even if he hasnt, he's set against using forth gen pokemon and so he prolly is set against using dp sprites, i dunno though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back