• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Was Naruto Uzumaki a heroic juvenile delinquent?

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2021
As Naruto Uzumaki was younger, do you think that he was a heroic juvenile delinquent?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Not really. He was never really a hero and a delinquent at the same time. That was kind of the whole point, really, as it was through him not being an ass all the time and actually working hard that earned him the friends he would come to have, so his delinquency was merely a step into heroism more than anything else.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
He was mischievous and a prankster, but not a delinquent. He was also not driven by an active desire to do good, but just to show the village that they were wrong about him. So no.

Last edited:
Years
I would say vandalising a historic monument probably counts as delinquency to be honest and from flashbacks we have seen that he has always had that heroic streak, he was always a good person. So yes, I don't think that's an unreasonable description.

Years
Other than one scene the anime added I don't recall any 'heroic' flashbacks. Other than 1 over the top prank I don't think we've seen any other actions that would class as delinquency.

Basically I don't think we've seen enough to properly judge. I've always assumed he was a good kid that acted in an attention seeking manner due to the fact he was severely lacking guidance and love. Makes sense as to why he wears Orange and has an eccentric speech pattern too.

Years
Other than one scene the anime added I don't recall any 'heroic' flashbacks. Other than 1 over the top prank I don't think we've seen any other actions that would class as delinquency.

Basically I don't think we've seen enough to properly judge. I've always assumed he was a good kid that acted in an attention seeking manner due to the fact he was severely lacking guidance and love. Makes sense as to why he wears Orange and has an eccentric speech pattern too.

Admittedly, I haven't read the manga so I can't speak as to any changes.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Huh, the fuck? He was just a mischievous kid, not a delinquent. This thread is pointless.
He was definitely a delinquent, fits the definition to a T.

If stealing an important sacred scroll and defacing a monument of the forefathers of Konoha (3 of which being dead) isn't against the law...well, in that case they're pretty damn lax.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Stealing the scroll doesn't count as he was told by a teacher that doing it would allow him to pass an exam.
Yeah, very willing to give on that since it's definitely a special case.

I'm also agreed on him being a good kid...or at least not a bad one. It wasn't delinquency for the sake of being an asshole, he just wanted to be recognized and accepted. All in all, he's pretty well in line with any delinquent who does something because they're misunderstood, wouldn't say he has a less trustworthy moral compass as a result.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Nice necro. He was a fake underdog type who secretly had jesus powers in him along and so did all that delinquent stuff for no reason.

Years
Nice necro. He was a fake underdog type who secretly had jesus powers in him along and so did all that delinquent stuff for no reason.

I mean, I wouldn't say no reason. He was a child despised and/or ignored by pretty much everyone for reasons he had no knowledge of and acted out as a result, which is pretty realistic of how children often act. Plus, that massive secret power was specifically the cause of why he was ostracised to begin with. I'd say that going trough everything he did during his delinquent phase was essential in developing the personality he would later have, which was the biggest reason for the admiration and respect for him people developed.

I can see how the whole Kyubi thing could be seen as a cop out for making the underdog massively powerful, and that's fair enough, but that power was also the biggest obstacle he faced through much of the series. Not that any of that changes the fact that yes, he was a delinquent :')

Years
Still makes me laugh that Naruto being bad at school was pretty much all down to a the seal on his stomach messing with his ninja juice control.

But yeah, until the fox started saving him in every fight it was absolutely a handicap to him as a child.

Last edited:
Back