• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hi um..

How do you add ini files to a Pokemon Emerald ROM. I have the INI file in a pokemon emerald folder, with the game. How can I put them together so I can use advanced text and have it completely done..

Thanks..
I do't think you understand what .ini files are for. These work with a program. You don't add them to a ROM.
I think in A-text, there's a folder named ini. Paste the BPEE.ini file into that folder and a-text will work with Emerald.

Now I have a question: Does anybody have the offset for a Ruby titlecreen palette? I have searched every way I know how to, and can't seem to find it. Thanks~
No offense but it didn't seem to hard to find. It's not encrypted or anything.
Pokemon - &h393210
Bubbles - &h393230

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2010
You have to use Tile Molester, TMP or something like that. Read Thethethethe's tutorial on grass animation, it's the same for water animations I believe.

Now I have a question: Does anybody have the offset for a Ruby titlecreen palette? I have searched every way I know how to, and can't seem to find it. Thanks~

I understand the steps... but I don't how to make the tile have animation in the first place. How do you apply animation to a tile that orginally didn't have animation?

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
No offense but it didn't seem to hard to find. It's not encrypted or anything.
Pokemon - &h393210
Bubbles - &h393230
I don't take any offence, I just wonder how I didn't find it. Mind telling me how you found it?

Also, how do you remove the bubbles from the titlescreen?

Years
I don't take any offence, I just wonder how I didn't find it. Mind telling me how you found it?

Also, how do you remove the bubbles from the titlescreen?
The way I find any palette. Open up the map viewer in VBA which tells you what palette is used for an image. Then open the palette viewer and take down the values shown for the palette. And search for them in a hex editor.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
The way I find any palette. Open up the map viewer in VBA which tells you what palette is used for an image. Then open the palette viewer and take down the values shown for the palette. And search for them in a hex editor.
Ah, Thought so. I tried that, and it popped up "String not found".

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
I've got a major problem here...

When I edit the map of Route 111 in Emerald and then load the game, it sometimes shows up uneditted.
I know you cant be in the same map you're editting, but thats not the case.
It's kinda hard to explain...

Say, I save in the Trainer Hill tower thingy, then edit Route 111, then load the rom and exit the building, it randomly shows the origional uneditted route 111.
But sometimes it will show the editted version, its all very weird!

And another problem, if I make the map larger, the character sometimes gets stuck at the point at which Mauville city connects to route 111.

Any1 know any answers? Please?

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2013
is this the right place...?

anyway, how can i make that the player starts with a lvl 5 pikachu?

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2008
Does anyone know where can I find PokeScript? I was looking for it everywhere and I couldn't find it.

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
I've got two questions:

one

When I edit the map of Route 111 in Emerald and then load the game, it sometimes shows up uneditted.

Say, I save in the Trainer Hill tower thingy, then edit Route 111, then load the rom and exit the building, it randomly shows the origional uneditted route 111.

And another problem, if I make the map larger, the character sometimes gets stuck at the point at which Mauville city connects to route 111.

and two
How can I edit the start-screen of emerald? (You know, a flashing Rayquaza is showing on the start-screen)

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2013
this really isnt a simple question, its actually quite difficult; how would i go about indexing this picture (first attached pic) to make it able to be used in the oak intro screen, but! i want to be able to change the palette later (such as changing his shorts color) is it impossible?

ive already tries once by resizing the pic to 64x96, bringing it to 16-bit color, and inporting the palette of the original trainer, which made this (second attached pic), i knew it didnt look right i imported it on unlz and it looked like crap so...i tried following zel's tutorial, but it ended up looking like someone ate the picture, screwed up all the colors and pooped it out, so any help at all!!

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
hey can a logitec pc controller be used to play ssb?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I've got two questions:

one

and three
How can I edit the start-screen of emerald? (You know, a flashing Rayquaza is showing on the start-screen)

The first one I have no idea about. The second is a map connection problem and the third requires you to edit it using UNLZ and a tile map editor. Look for a tutorial on editing the FR/LG title screen the method should be similar.

this really isnt a simple question, its actually quite difficult; how would i go about indexing this picture (first attached pic) to make it able to be used in the oak intro screen, but! i want to be able to change the palette later (such as changing his shorts color) is it impossible?

ive already tries once by resizing the pic to 64x96, bringing it to 16-bit color, and inporting the palette of the original trainer, which made this (second attached pic), i knew it didnt look right i imported it on unlz and it looked like crap so...i tried following zel's tutorial, but it ended up looking like someone ate the picture, screwed up all the colors and pooped it out, so any help at all!!
You have to make sure the first colour for pallete is the colour you want to be transparent (ie the background). When inserting it you have to change the pallete by finding it in VBA's pallete viewer then editing it using APE. Look for a tutorial on pallete editing. You can't insert the pallete with UNLZ.

Years
Don't know if this also gets accepted as a simple question in my opinion it does...
But this is my question does anyone know a really great rom base for me to make maps on? if yes please PM so we don't spam this thread with all kinds of answers that can be sent by PM... Ooh and I mean no ROM Bases from the recources thread cuz they don't fit my mapping style...

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015

I too am also having this problem, though it only seems to be route 111, i made it mountainous and got rid of the trainer hill and revamped the Desert and added a cave. But if i enter 111 through the cave enterance it is sometimes stays but if i enter from the mauville location it shows the route if it wasnt editied. Maybe it is an Advance Map problem. And now that i know its not just me i may have to contact Lu-Oh about this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back