• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

lizzzz

I want to be the very best!
Years
WOW! The graphics in the game look awesome. I can't wait to play to see what they are like during actual game-play! Good luck on this awesome looking project!

Pryze

Straight chillin
Years
Glad to see the physical/special split in 3rd gen. The R/S/E graphics are very appealing as well. Nicely done, I can hardly wait until the end product!

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I'm still in love with that HG/SS coloured R/S/E tree of yours, probably the best tree I've seen in a FireRed hack in my opinion. Graphically this is stunning and without a doubt the best looking hack on the forum (both in battle and outside of it). Bravo.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
I loved this hack back when it was first posted, and it still is one of my favorites, I just found it amazing. I'm glad you're continuing it. One thing though,
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2013
hey chaos i was a supporter in your ruby 649 and i supported you then and im supporting you even more now this looks like a hack thats just better then anything ive seen in awhile i will totaly download the first release when it comes out and oh my does that bulbasaur have Flare Blitz?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
hey chaos i was a supporter in your ruby 649 and i supported you then and im supporting you even more now this looks like a hack thats just better then anything ive seen in awhile i will totaly download the first release when it comes out and oh my does that bulbasaur have Flare Blitz?
Bulbasaur will not be learning Flare Blitz, that screenshot was taken so I could show off the animations I've been working on.

Just wondering When did you start working on this hack? You mapped up until Route 1 but added a bunch of new moves.
It depends, actually. There are many aspects of this hack that were made/decided a long time ago, but there are certain things that were done recently.

In it's current (and hopefully final) incarnation, I started working on it in late August. The first thing I did was to extend the move table, and I have added 113 new moves, all with new animations. I even repointed and extended the background table, and added a decent amount of new backgrounds, mostly for the new moves, but I've also used them to update animations for old moves, such as adding a background to Waterfall. Once I completed all the new moves working 100%, then I began doing completely new battle backgrounds, to mimic how they look in the 4th Gen games (although for the cave background I imitated the Black 2/White 2 cave background). I have a backup of up to that point, which I like to call the, "Pokémon Saga ROM Base".

I completed the Pokémon Saga ROM Base in October, and I began working on Pokémon DarkViolet at that point (which, obviously, uses the Pokémon Saga ROM Base). So to answer your question, you could say I started working on it in August (when I started the ROM Base), or in October (when I finished the ROM base).

However, there are so many aspects of this hack that were decided a looooong time ago, and this concept of the "perfect Kanto game" that I have has evolved significantly.

Now, I don't want to write a wall of text, but I'm going to provide you with a history of how this whole concept started:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Some random screens:
1-6.png
2-6.png
3-5.png
1-7.png

Last edited:

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Some random screens:
1-6.png
2-6.png
3-5.png
1-7.png

The screens are nice man, i really like the oak overworld, is it custom made because ive never seen it before.
And the edits you have made give the game some originality which just makes me want to play this even more, also will there be a team rocket event on the ss anne? Its okay if you want to keep it a secret you dont have to answer that question.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
Hmm... is this a completely new Chaos Rush story or does it follow/is based on the manga?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Out of curiousity, any reasons why the Pokéballs and Pokédex's have been swapped around from the original releases?
In HG/SS, during the event where you can get a Gen I starter Pokémon, the starters are on the top table. My maps are all based off of HG/SS maps, and since the top table is smaller, it's more aesthetically pleasing to have the Poké Balls on the smaller table, rather the Poké Balls on the big table, and putting three gigantic Pokédexes on the small table.

The screens are nice man, i really like the oak overworld, is it custom made because ive never seen it before.
And the edits you have made give the game some originality which just makes me want to play this even more, also will there be a team rocket event on the ss anne? Its okay if you want to keep it a secret you dont have to answer that question.
Yes, it's custom made to mimic the R/S/E style. All of the custom graphics in this hack were made by me.

Hmm... is this a completely new Chaos Rush story or does it follow/is based on the manga?
Completely new Chaos Rush story.

Years
love the battle animation its so beautiful. i hope i am not annoying you but when is the first beta or alpha coming out for this or are you doing a whole hack debut with this hack or should say art work your doing. and the story seems interesting. :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
i thought this hack was over because the original thread closed glad to see you're still working on it

AllyJacqui

The one and only -
Years
Hey, I remember this hack! The screens look beautiful, the tiles, the special moves - everything. Keep it up, I cant wait to one day give it a try. :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Battle HUD has now been edited:
1-2.png
2-2.png
3-2.png
4-2.png
5-1.png
6-1.png
7-1.png
8-1.png
9-1.png
10-1.png
11.png
12.png

(and yes, I will fix the weird Pokeball palettes, its a side-effect of editing the HP bars, but it's an easy fix)

Years
  • Age 24
  • =/
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
Wow, incredible! Red and Green's Backsprites are based on Lucas and Dawn!
Excellent work Chaos! :>

Back