• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Titans: Reborn [Prologue]

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
sinner-script.regular.png
plutonium-nbp.regular.png

The bike slid quickly around the corner, sparks and fire blaring in its wake as The Renegade attempted to drive the vehicle as far away from the civilized part of the city as he could. "Just. Stay. STILL." The raging screams of his opponent blared behind him. Her anger was almost deafening as people all over the block fled into their homes and carried their children to safety before the insanity could reach them.

Quickly the cityscape began to shift to a more suburban atmosphere, skyscrapers became small houses, car parks became rolling hills, tarmac became greenery. The screams coming from behind him were growing closer and angrier, fireballs were being hurled left and right as he mistakenly found himself on a long and open stretch of road, with no turning point in sight. A line of buildings to his right, a grassy knoll to his left. With every meter he drove, Overheat got a little closer to her mark, he couldn't keep dodging forever. One ball of flame passed right by his side and the villain behind Renegade began to laugh triumphantly. This wasn't good, he wouldn't dodge this next attack. He had to do something drastic.

As one more massive fireball shot straight towards him, Renegade swerved left, hard. Crashing through a wooden fence his bike released ground gripping spikes from its wheels and began to scale the loamy Earth with relative ease. Still, the momentary dip in speed would make further escape impossible. As Overheat raced passed him, she stood at the top of the hill, gazing down at him with hatred and triumph as he dismounted his bike and began to walk towards her.

He stopped however, as he reached the top. She didn't move to kill him instantly, to strike out and begin combat right away, Ren found that curious enough to hold back just for a moment longer. There was something in her eyes, fiery and full of rage, but they looked like they had something to say, like there was a point they had to make before this went any further. They both stood there for a few moments, staring each other down, he heard a hiccup in her throat, he heard embers smolder as she clenched her fists just a little tighter and he heard the subtle noise of water evaporate as it tried to trickle down her face. She was crying.

"WHY?!" She screamed and the volume she produced was enough to make him hesitate a step backwards. "Why...?" Her voice softened, layered with bitterness and edged with hatred. A few moments passed until Edward realized the question wasn't rhetorical. He took a deep breath and steeled himself, this was harder than any fight he was about to have, it took a lot out of him to even create the smallest utterance.

"The people of Hyperia have to be protected." He said, plainly as he could. "Through MURDER?!" She screeched, his hand reaching for the hilt of his blade as he recognized the sound of fire rising. "Making children cry for their fathers? Creating widows en masse? Is THAT your idea of protection?!" She took a step forward, Renegade didn't move. "I knew those men. Good men! Maybe they were falling on hard times... Maybe they didn't always do the right thing! But so many of them... so many of them didn't deserve that... I was talking to my FRIENDS. Then I see them go up in an explosion of heat and pain! I watch them die in front of me... because of YOU!" She stomps her foot into the ground and the fire bruning around her singes the grass.

"Who... do you think you are?" She glares at him, though he cannot see the true intensity of her gaze, only hear the vein bulging upon her forehead in hatred. "How many have you killed...? To get to this point? To be so distanced from a ****ing act of mass murder that you can still call yourself a HERO!" He twitched just a little...

And Renegade drew his sword.

"I've killed enough that one more won't weight heavily on my conscience."

She charged at him, pure rage penetrating every facet of her being. She launched with incredible speed, Renegade barely being able to spin away in time to draw his pistol, he fired five shots towards her head, but the heat radiating from her was so much that they melted upon contact with her skin. Renegade quickly rolled, ducked and slid beneath a concentrated beam of heat she launched from her hand. He heard a sizzling noise and through echolocation could see her hand lose its unstoppable heat for just a moment, before re-igniting with renewed fury.

He kept this up for a while, dodging and weaving across the hill. Choked sobs and screams of rage battering his ears as the heat around him became ever more intense, the grass around him was singed and black before she finally did what he wanted. Raising both hands she channeled a powerful beam of pure, concentrated heat. It was bigger than the last and as Ren grabbed his pistol once more it tore through his leg, severely burning through his pants and searing away his flesh. For a brief moment, Overheat felt triumphant, as the heat momentarily left her hands... but that feeling disappeared as a bullet shattered the joints in her knuckles and pierced through her fingers. Her blood was boiling as it hit the grass and she screamed with agony.

Suddenly she found herself gasping for breath, a powerful cold shook her body as something exploded beneath her. Her hair turned a dull dirty blond and her clothes began to sag with frost as her heat seemed to dissipate into nothing. She felt like a normal girl again, if for a brief moment. Then the burning hot blade pierced her gut, the heat... it hurt. She couldn't remember the last time it had done that. She looked up stunned to see The Renegade standing there, a sword held by his hand driven into her weakened form, the same unfeeling expression painted on his mask. "Y-you..." She spluttered, reboiling blood gurgling in her lungs. "You'll ruin this... place... long before- we get... the.. the... cha-..." She coughed and spluttered, gagging and choking on her own red hot fluids. Her skin was melting, her body no longer able to contain her own energy, she was falling apart. She looked up at him, one of her eyes boiling away, the other stretched in agony.

"M-monster..."

He pulled his sword free and let the corpse of Overheat fall to the floor in front of him. It began to catch alight and burn with an incredible heat. Edward took his mask off and while it was uncomfortably warm, he still stood and watched. He watched until there was nothing left but ash.

He no longer had the luxury of regret.

Placing the mask back upon his face, he activates the transceiver on his wrist and speaks slowly, with an empty monotone in his voice. "Target eliminated. Returning to base."

"One more won't weight heavily on my conscience."

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
006: With friends like these... Fight the enemies!

Light Force
Roxas-kingdom-hearts-18961799-648-968.jpg

Oh, hey there! Its me, Lightforce incase you didn't remember. Woah, it feels like its been a month doesn't it? Aww, I know you missed me, you don't have to say anything. Don't worry, i'm never gonna give you up, let you down, and especially never going to hurt you. Well maybe a bit, but only in the fun ways. Anyway, This part of my story is a real whopper, it introduces my good friend Ryker Mc edge-ington!

An alarm clock was ringing in his ears and the sun was shedding light through the drawn blinds of the third story apartment where Jake lived. He grunted as he slammed his fist down on the "off" button of the alarm.

How he hated mornings.

He sat up, his blankets spread across the bed beneath him still. Had he not even bothered to get underneath them? He blinked twice as he tried to remember the events of the previous night. He had gone to the resistance meeting and done some sort of trial thing. Was that last night or the night before? He shook his head as he stumbled out of the bedroom and into the small kitcheonette acrost the hall where he could smell a pot of coffee brewing.

"Mmm... Coffee..." He mumbled zombily as he shuffled into the kitchen, his feety pajamas sliding over the tiled floor. On the fridge was a note, stating that his mother had gone to work early and that she would be home late. Jake frowned at this, it was unfortunate that his mother had to work double shifts at her ****ty job just to pay for them. He cursed under his breath as he made a mental note about putting a blast hole through her scumbag boss' new convertable.

His computer dinged from his bedroom, a sign that somebody was trying to get ahold of him. He poured himself a cup of coffee and grabbed a chocolate muffin from the box on the counter, shuffling back into the tiny bedroom and plopping himself into the spining chair which he loved so much. He glanced at the screen and saw that the message was from the scientist he had been corresponding with.

Doctor Von Force: Would you mind coming in today? I would like to run some tests.

Jake sighed as he tapped his fingers on the side of the desk. He had met the man three times before, once before he had gotten his powers when he had applied to be an intern. He had been accepted for the job, but his mother had gotten ill the next day and the position had ended up going to someone else.

Jake: I guess it couldn't hurt. I might have to dash at a moments notice though, i'm expecting something to come up.

He hesitated but did eventually press send. He wasn't sure if the Doctor knew about the resistance or the meta force, and he wouldn't be the one to tell him unless it became absolutely necessary. It was information that needed to be compartmentalized.

Doctor Von Force: Wonderful! I'll have the receptionist show you in.

Jake grunted and took a long drink of his coffee, before almost spitting it out having forgotten to put any cream or sugar in it.

It was almost two in the afternoon when he arrived at the lobby of Force Technologies. The receptionist was a younger woman with long brown hair and similarly colored eyes. As he walked towards her the strange blue woman from the resistance meeting flashed before his mind and he couldn't help but think the name "Amanda"

The sound of an argument began to drift into the lobby from somewhere outside. Jake turned and tried to listen in, but whomever or whatever had been causing so much noise seemed to have either stopped or moved away from the building.

"Can I help you?"

The womans voice snapped Jake back to reality. "Oh uhm... Jake Kemon to see Doctor Von Force?" He said, not quite sure of what he was supposed to say now that he was here.

"Ah, Doctor Von Force has been expecting you. He's in his lab, through that door and straight down the hallway." The young woman smiled sweetly as she pointed to a door on her left.

A large explosion rocked the building, throwing Jake and the receptionist to the floor. A terrified and extremely high pitched shriek escaping from the woman.

"Its a good thing I brought the coat." Jake grunted as he threw it on, the young woman still screaming on the floor beneath her desk.

Jake dashed into the lab, smashing through the door in a glowing ball of golden light. The old man was currently being held at gunpoint by a japanese guy in his early twenties who had some sort of circuitry imbedded into his face, beside him stood a slightly younger woman with coppery hair who looked like she was ripped straight out of a western.

"Who the **** are you?" The man said firing his gun at Jake, a bolt of lightning crackling against the energy shield surrounding the boy.

"Hey! I'm not done with you yet you bloody bi- who the hell is this?" A blonde haired man in a beige trenchcoat grunted through a mouthful of blood as he crawled through a hole in the wall, likely made by the explosion.

"It doesn't matter, you're both dead!" The woman snorted and snapped her fingers. A cloud of dust swirled around her, seemingly out of nowhere, engulfing her and the man.

"Serenitatem!" The bloody trenchcoat man shouted, and as soon as it had appeared the dust cloud disapeared revealing a shotgun pointed at the man.

Jake barely had time to react, placing a large golden wall infront of the man before the loud boom that generally follows a gunshot echoed throughout the room. He felt the bullets hit the wall, shattering it, but it had served its purpose anyway.

"Thanks, I owe you one mate." The man mumbled before conjuring a large fireball and flinging it at the duo. They both dived out of the way as a ball of flame smashed into the wall, sending embers raining down across the lab.

"My beautiful prototypes." Ulfric cried from the corner, drawing the attention of the two goons.

"Grab him and get out." The woman called, a large pointy stone forming in her fist as she hurled it towards Jake. Another shield erupted infront of him, but the stone seemed to almost completely pass through it, shattering into pieces just before it reached his heart.

"Now we're even." The trenchcoated man grumbled before ducking his head as a blast of lightning erupted from the gun wielding man and arked over his head.

"What no, let go of me this instant." Doctor Von Force howled as the gun wielding man grabbed him by the neck and dug the gun into the side of his head.

"Don't move or he gets it." The man hissed, his finger twitching on the trigger.

"Kaze, what are you doing! We need him alive." The woman growled.

"No Terra, The boss wanted him alive. We only need to get enough money to get out of Hyperia before they find out we cut them out of the deal." The man, Kaze, replied simply.

"What!? You have somebody already willing to buy the accelerator? Why the hell wouldn't you tell me this, I thought we were a team! You never tell me anything" The woman, Terra, whined.

"Look, Sorry to interrupt your little marital spat." Trenchcoat man said, waving his hand and knocking the gun away from Doctor Von Force.

"But we're gonna need to take Doctor Von Force." Lightforce continued, wrapping a golden whip of light around the professor and dragging him over to the young man.

Terra and Kaze looked at eachother. Suddenly a large wall of rock erupted infront of them.

"Gah I hate it when they do that. Obliterate!" The man in the trenchcoat muttered, limping over to the wall which exploded into a pile of dust as the man spoke.

Behind the pile of dust was another gaping hole in the wall, leading into an elevator shaft that the duo had clearly escaped into. fifty or sixty feet down was another hole, leading into one of the corridors in the sub basement.

"How bloody big IS this place Ulfric?" The trench coat man grumbled as he stared down the shaft.

"Oh it my own little labrinth of daedulous." The elderly man coughed, climbing to his feet and dusting himself off, surprisingly unharmed.

The sound of the japanese mans thunder gun echoed through the building, a split second later the lights all cut out.

"Wonderful." Lightforce and The man in the trenchcoat both muttered.

"I suppose I should thank both of you, if you hadn't stepped in who knows what they would have done.

"Who the hell were they?" Lightforce asked.

"That, was Technomancer and Terrastorm. They're a couple of bank robbing crooks from Arkhana city, I've been watching them for awhile now. When they made their way down south towards Hyperia, I figured i'd check in on the old man. Who would have thought that they had the same idea. Ryker Merlyn, by the way." The man in the trenchcoat said with a nod.

"This is Jake Kemon, he's the friend I told you about." Doctor Von Force mumbled deleriously.

"Oh yeah thanks, just go tell my secret identity to everyone why don't you." Lightforce grumbled.

"Secret identity? What are you twelve?" Ryker chuckled as he rolled his eyes.

"Go to hell." Jake grunted and stuck out his tounge.

"Been there, lovely weather this time of year." Ryker replied with a chuckle, pulling out a pack of cigarretes and lighting it with a wave of his hand.

"Please don't smoke in here, this is a billion dollar facility!" Ulfric grunted.

Ryker rolled his eyes at the old man and limped over to the gaping hole in the wall. With a flick of his wrist and a bird being given, the young master of magic stepped outside.

"So... I take it we won't be doing any tests today." Jake asked sarcastically, and as soon as he finished speaking the lights flashed back on to shed light onto the destroyed laboratory with its several missing walls, ruined machinery, dust covered surfaces, and scorched tiles.

Later that night on the roof of an unknown building, Kaze Volt and Terra Blackwood stood side by side as they waited for their client to arrive.

A blur of orange zoomed forward, red lightning crackling around her as a female figure in a black and orange suit appeared from seemingly nowhere.

"Where is the old man?" The woman asked, an echoing voice being used to disguise her real one.

"I'm afraid the secondary objective was... impossible to achieve. We did however, bring the Genetic Accelerator from the vault in the sub basement. With this, you're boss should be able change as many normal humans into as many meta humans as he wants." Kaze said with a smile as he held out a dufflebag.

"He'll be pleased to hear that. The meta force thanks you for you're cooperation." The woman said in her echoing voice. She grabbed the dufflebag from the man and turned to leave.

"Uh, what about our payment." Kaze asked plainly his hands hovering over his Thunder gun.

"Oh. I almost forgot." The woman laughed, her echoing voice making it sound more like a cackle.

A flash of orange as her fist plunged through the mans chest, vibrating at impossible speeds. she turned and looked at Terra who was standing there with her mouth wide open, almost going to scream.

"Don't fail us again."

The blur sped off, Kaze's body slumping to the ground lifelessly.

It was only then did Terra scream.

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
Years

Prologue: Next Steps

The first stage of trials were coming to a close.

As the blue flash of light warped each confused and battered individual back to where they had been standing prior, the resistance member that had met them there was nowhere to be found. However, the odd device that had been given to them, a metal bracelet currently residing on their wrists, sprung to life.

"You have potential. A temporary base of operations has been made available to you via the GPS map located on this device. Travel to this location as soon as possible, mention you have an appointment."

A closer inspection of the holographic map display showed a small, flashing cross over a building in on the edge of the downtown district. Those who chose to make the commute would be greeted by a slim, redbrick building sandwiched in between an Italian restaurant and a small medical practice.

Who knew what awaited them?

Objectives:
- Finish your Trial if you haven't already!
- Make your way to the building, and report in.
- Interact with other resistance members/leaders, and consider completing a mission.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years

1PpaEus.png

Abraxas - Frosty the Snowman

There he was. That long greasy hair and the all brown outfit were recognizable from even a long distance away. While they never interacted personally, Jessie had glanced over Reverb's file quite a number of times after the split of the New Champions. Some sort of sonic energy manipulator who was an expert when it came to technology, she hoped that she wouldn't have to square off against him as a part of her trial. The whole "technologies expert'" thing put her at a good disadvantage to him. From what she knew he was a rather quiet man, but that was about as far as her knowledge on the Resistance member went. He didn't seem all too interesting so Jessie hadn't followed up on him too much after her brief crime fighting stint.

Deciding that she had scoped out the area well enough, the potential resistance recruit strode forward to the run-down coffee shop where Reverb was sitting outside. He looked up and gave her a wave as she approached, beckoning her over. "Hello there, you must be Abraxas." He paused for a moment as she sat in the chair across from him, and took a closer look at her. A faint look of recognition crossed his face, but was quickly swept away by a rather serious expression.

Noticing the change in his face, Jessie took the chance to give the man a gentle toying with. She placed her hand on his own, and leaned forward with a mischievous smile. "Don't tell me that you've already fallen for me, sir." This time a brief look of embarrassment formed, but once again it was a quickly exchanged with a stern expression.

"Miss, we're here on rather important business, so I suggest being as focused as possible." He stated quickly, pulling away his hand and placing a large briefcase carefully onto the table. After tapping a couple of numbers into a keypad on the side of the case, it popped open. Inside was a device that resembled a metal bracelet, but obviously was some sort of technological device.

Reverb took the object out of the box and handed it over to Jessie. "That right there is the newest version of the our transceiver device. This was what we used to communicate when I was a part of the New Champions." He gestured towards her wrist. "Go ahead and try it out."

Giving him a suspicious look, she looked the object up and down. "Why would you give me a transceiver if I'm not a member of the resistance yet?" The only answer she received was a shrug. "There's obviously something to this... but what's like without taking risks, yeah?" She slipped the device onto the wrist that wasn't already covered by a hunk of metal, and immediately her vision was filled with a series of blinding blue flashes.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Well I suppose they were called trials for a reason."

When her vision had returned, Jessie found that she was no longer in front of the coffee shop. Instead she found herself in an abandoned warehouse, quite similar in appearance to the one that the first meeting was in. The area was rather sparce, an empty room save for a few large crates that she could only guess were shipments of some kind. In this almost empty space stood a lone figure, a man dressed in some sort of mechanized snowman suit. The outfit covered his entire body, with a closeable hatch above his head. On his left arm was some sort of weapon in the shape of a large gun.

That was about as far as Jessie got into her observations before she burst out into a fit of laughter. "He said IMPORTANT business and they send me Frosty the f-cking snowman?!" She continued laughing so hard that she fell to the ground, holding her sides and rolled around on the floor. The man just stood there straight faced, taking the abuse as if he were used to it.

Without a word, he raised his left arm aiming it directly at the preoccupied young woman. Noticing that she was about to be attacked, Jessie quickly raised her own left arm, shooting a portal to the wall of the warehouse and then launching another at the ground directly below her... only there were no portals and she was hit with a blast of freezing cold air. Enduring the blow for mere moments, she dove behind a nearby crate. She couldn't even imagine how cold the man's attack was as even the short exposure to it left her gasping for breath.

Taking another few seconds to recover, she tried once again to shoot out a portal, to no avail. "Guess we're gonna have to do this the old fashioned way." As she spoke, she began to feel the crate behind her begin to freeze over. Taking that as a sign to take her leave, Jessie sprinted out from behind the now eviscerated wooden box.

"You're not as much of a joke as I thought, snowman." The man was fiddling with the contraption on his left arm, so she took the time he gave her as a chance to give him another good look over. The one obvious weak point to her opponent, was his exposed head which was now not so exposed. He had closed the hatch while Jessie had been laughing at him, leaving him with no easily accessible weak spots. The now shivering woman swore under her breath, she had an idea, but it was gonna require her to get a bit chilly.

With his weapon ready to go again, Frosty started firing away, shooting blast after blast of frigid air at Jessie. She, on the other hand, continued her evasive maneuvers, putting all those years of gymnastics to good use. As she avoided the frozen onslaught, Jessie began to pull a few items out of her bag, namely her grappling gun, a bottle of lighter fluid, and a box of Marlboro 27's.

Waiting until he had to recharge his weapon once again, she shot her grappling gun out onto the rafters that covered the warehouse's ceiling. More specifically, the rafters directly above the snowman. After being pulled up over her opponent, she stuck three cigarettes into her mouth preparing them for later use.

As she let her grappling gun drop to the floor, Jessie heard the same sound that she had heard after Frosty's freeze gun had recharged the first time. Knowing what she'd have to endure, she let out a quiet "f-ck" and let herself drop from the rafters towards the not-so-friendly snowman.

She was immediately met with another blast of ball-shrinkingly cold air. A blast that she endured until she landed with a thud onto the back of the man's suit. Surprisingly enough he had kept his balance, but was now thrashing around, trying to throw Jessie from his blind spot.

With her now white eyebrows, and some quite literal frosted tips, Jessie used the small gap between his hatch and the rest of his suit to hold on for dear life. Using her mechanized arm to stay out of Frosty's range, she used the other to squirt as much lighter fluid in the same gap she was using to not fall off. She then quickly exchanged the bottle for a lighter, igniting her three cigarettes in one fell swoop. And after taking a couple puffs to keep them lit, dropped all three into Frosty's suit.

Kicking off from his back, Jessie landed gracefully a safe distance away from the now melting snowman. "I guess you just needed to... chill out." Then she whipped on a pair of sunglasses and the Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again" started blaring in the background.

As Frosty was burning to the ground, another series of violent blue flashes flooded her vision. Once again Jessie found herself standing outside of the old coffee shop. All was the same as it had been before she was transported to the warehouse, sans a certain Resistance member. Instead the transceiver device placed upon her arm sprung to life and with it came a message.

"You have potential. A temporary base of operations has been made available to you via the GPS map located on this device. Travel to this location as soon as possible, mention you have an appointment."

A holographic map was displayed from the transceiver, showing a small, flashing cross over a building on the edge of the downtown district. It actually was only a short walk from her office, and she'd even gone to the Italian joint that was beside it. Jessie swore under her breath, realizing that a ticket to the Resistance headquarters had been right under her nose.

"I guess I have an appointment to attend to." With a flip of her trenchcoat and two blasts from her palm, she was off.​

Years
Druid​
Left battered and torn after his training fight, Druid stood on the beach with nothing more than torn rags of cloth covering him. He was completely exhausted and unable to comprehend what had just happened to him. He pulled his spellbook out of what used to be his pocket, but now had so many holes it looked more like a net. He waved his hand over the top and then whispered a spell, the cover opening and sucking him inside.

It only took him a few minutes to change into a fresh costume, while his book droned on about how he needed to be more careful and stop making foolish decisions or he'd get both of them killed, blah, blah blah. He was about to leave when the metal object on his wrist beeped and began to talk. "You have potential. A temporary base of operations has been made available to you via the GPS map located on this device. Travel to this location as soon as possible, mention you have an appointment." Does this mean he passed? After all that he actually did it!

"So, umm, book?" he questioned.

"Yes, Eric?" it replied

"Can you explain how my magic works again, in case they ask?"

"Haven't I explained it enough times already?" it questioned, although there was hardly any pause before it continued, "Magic is an energy force that is everywhere, it permeates all existence. Most magic works by channeling the ambient energy from the room through a physical object, in your case through me, a spellbook, and then transforming the energy into a physical form based on your thoughts or incantations. However, as I've explained to you before, this form of magic is limited on how much energy can flow through the object at a time. Some magicians are born with the ability to channel magic energy through their body directly, without the need of a catalyst to assist. I know for certain that you hold this power, however I do not know how it works, or whether you can learn to use it yourself. I fear that if you do not learn to use that kind of magic, you will not grow in power, and your peers will surpass you and leave you behind." It finished.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, thanks for the help!" Eric waved at one of the blank walls, and then exited the book. With a flash of light he was back on the beach. He picked up his book, slipping it into his jacket pocket as he watched the screen on his wrist. "This way!" he said, starting to walk towards the little flashing icon on the screen. "This might take a while." he said as he began his walk downtown.

linebreak2.png

He came to a halt in front of a law-firm wedged between an Italian restaurant and a small medical practice. The building was very small compared to what he was expecting, and he wondered if the thing could even fit the whole resistance inside. Maybe there was more than one base? If that was the case then why didn't they direct him towards the closest one instead of making him go all the way downtown? He was about to walk in when his stomach made a loud noise that drew the eyes of a couple walking by. Or maybe it was the fact that he was walking down the street wearing a cloak made of leaves that drew their attention. Either way, he decided to go into the restaurant and get something to eat, and change into some normal clothes in their bathroom.

When he finished eating and changed into a pair of jeans and a green tee-shirt, he paid for his meal and exited the restaurant. He walked over to the law-firm building, and opened the door. It looked, normal. He was caught off-guard. He quickly glanced at the device on his arm, seeing that he was indeed at the right place. "Hmmm" he mumbled as he walked towards a desk with a blonde woman sitting at it.

"Can I help you?" she asked politely, looking up from her paperwork.

"Uhh, yeah. I think. I, uhh, have an appointment." he said, hoping that the device didn't malfunction and lead him to the wrong place.

"Ah! Yes, just down the stairwell, bottom floor." she stated kindly, and then turned back to her work.

She's not even going to ask who I am? Odd. he thought. After following the stairs all the way down to the very bottom, he came across a dead end, with a very sturdy, and locked, door at the end. He tugged on the handle with his left hand a few times, and then when he put his right hand over to try using both, the door and the device on his wrist beeped in unison, the door swinging open with ease. "Interesting," he said under his breath.

After walking down the short hallway, it ended again with a door, although this one appeared to be an elevator. He walked inside, and looked at the control panel. It had two buttons, up and down. He doubted that they would have him walk all this way down the stairs just to have him go back up. So, he pushed the down arrow, and waited patiently as the elevator took its sweet time decending the shaft. It seemed like an eternity, until he heard the familiar clunk of the elevator stopping, and the squeel of the doors opening. He turned to the door and stood in awe as he took in the scene before him. He was there; he made it to the resistance base.

First Day- Part 1​

Oddball_

Years
007: And so it began.

Light Force
Roxas-kingdom-hearts-18961799-648-968.jpg

Jake crashed into onto his bed, his coat once more tucked away in the duffel bag which he carried everywhere. His day had been filled with a bit more excitement than he had anticipated. He was surprisingly more exhausted than he should have been, Ulfric had taken some DNA samples as well as had him do some simple exercises to test him, despite most of his personal lab being destroyed.

He groaned as he looked over at his desk, a faint blue light emitting from the locked bottom drawer.

"I suppose its time." He moaned as he struggled to climb to his feet. He shuffled through his pocket and pulled out a small brass key and used it to unlock the drawer. As he pulled out the drawer the smell of old newspapers filled the room. Sitting ontop a stack of them was a metallic bracelet looking device which had a blinking blue light on it. He picked up the device and pulled it open, a small screen being uncovered and blinking to life.

"Genetic confirmation. Welcome back Lightforce." The device said through a series of quickly displaying text flashing acrost the screen.

Genetic confirmation? Did the thing take his DNA at some point? If it had, Jake hadn't noticed it, which was both comforting and alarming at the same time.

"New Objective: Priority Alpha" The device noted, the text once again fading out as quick as it had appeared. "6102 Foodib Avenue West" The device displayed, the address remaining at the top of the screen as a map of the city appeared a cursor hovering over someplace downtown.

"Hm." Jake mumbled as he tapped the screen, turning it into a clock. He had played about with the device last night, he wasn't as technologically savvy as he could hope but as far as he could guess the device included some form of short range teleportation, fully encrypted text based communications, as well as the ability to pergorm several mundane tasks like tell the time and browse the internet, likely only added to make it appear less conspicious in public.

The adress which the device had displayed, Jake had walked by last night out of curiosity. It had a sign that read 'Cooper and Hawkes, Attorney's at Law', Although that was likely a front for whatever the resistance had going on there. It wasn't a half bad place to hide a secret organization, unassuming really.

Jake sighed and dug through his pockets, pulling out several empty candy wrappers, a buisness card which read: 'Ryker Merlyn, Paranormal investigator and Exorcist', a set of keys, and finally his cell phone. He dialed the number for his mother, letting the phone ring until it went to voicemail.

"Hey Mum, its me... I'm gonna be at a friends place tonight, call me if you need anything. Uhm... Yeah thats it I think, love you and see you soon." He hung up the phone and looked around the cramped little room, his eyes focusing on every little detail of the place, embracing all of the memories flooding through him as he did so.

The old threadbare white carpet that had begun to turn yellow with age. The ugly puke colored walls which had several holes in them from when he had first gotten his powers. The overflowing bookshelf tucked into the corner with so many books that he had been forced to start poling cardboard boxes full of old ones in his closet. The afterimage on the closet door from when he had been struck by the lightforce blast. The computer which had been a gift from his father when he found out he was in the hospital after being 'struck by lightning', probably the only thing his father had ever gotten him since leaving him and his mother for the hot secretary whom Jake wasn't even sure was 18 at the time.

He stepped out of the room while carefully shutting the door behind him. Mentally however, he was still going over the things in the room. The various posters of the champions and other various heroes were still hanging on his walls. Drawings of the things he had begun to see while he was in the hospital. Of a fez wearing man in a skirt and bow with a grey beaver as only one of his many peculier friends, of a world where children battled super powered animals for fun, of a clocktower facing the sunset, of a man who could run through time and a soldier lost to time. Of Espers and of Raposa...

The building looked much the same in the daylight as it did at night. Jake stepped in, tranceiver hidden beneath the simple white jacket he was wearing.

"Do you have an appointment?" A blonde haired woman asked with a smile. Jake noticed a nametag on her desk that read Amanda and couldn't help but laugh.

"Uh, yeah... my uhm... yes." He said awkwardly.

"Through that door there, go all the way down. Mr. Hawkes will see you right away." The woman responded, still smiling.

He stepped through the door and slid down the banister, riding it all the way down. Sure it was childish but it was far more efficient that walking he thought to himself as he reached the bottom. A door sat at the bottom with an electronic lock on it. As he approached the door, his tranciever began to vibrate. Holding out his arm, the lock emitted a clicking noise and the door slid open, revealing an elevator behind it.

"Neat." He muttered to himself. He stepped into the big metal death box as his mother had refered to them as and pressed the down button. The doors slid shut quickly and the elevator began descending, a peaceful melody filling the elevator. About halfway down however, the tune suddenly switched, a television screen in the corner showed a picture of an alligator paddling along and an annoying albeit catchy song about interior crocodile alligators began playing. Jake rolled his eyes as he thought he could just imagine someone laughing their ass of in a control room somewhere.

As the elevator came to a stop, Jake almost thought about blasting his way out of the thing before he could hear the damn thing talk about driving cheverolete movie theatres one more time.

"Tell whomever is in charge of that ****ing elevator that they should really think about buying life insurance." Jake muttered to the first person he saw, which happened to be the man whom he had seen before at the diner.

"Welcome to the resistance." Was all the man said in reply.

The bunker was much larger than he had expected based on the size of the little building above, making Jake curious about how they kept the construction secret. The place was dimly lit and while not dirty, the place had certainly seen its better days. It was almost as if a secret resistance group couldn't just hire a maid like a billion dollar laboratory could.

The main corridor branched into several different rooms, most with thick glass windows looking into them. There was a gym of sorts, various hulking muscle heads punching bags and lifting weights. Several people were standing infront of a window looking into a room that was displaying the scene of somebody fighting... themself? A terminal was built into the wall next to said room displaying large text that read "Records."

Jake tapped the screen a few times and was suddenly watching a recap of his battle with Motherboard. Apparently it had been a simulation, that much he had figured out when he had been transported back to the Diner after the battle. He had still yet to figure out how they turned off his powers, considering it was his very biology that enabled him to produce concentrated lightforce beams shouldn't that have been impossible? He groaned to himself and rubbed his temples. Ulfric would probably have a lengthy explanation involving the friction between two quarks and about how reversing the polarity of the neutron flow could cause an influx of...

"Physics. Physic! PHYSICS!" He chuckled to himself and continued walking. The next room he came across was a lab of sorts. He could see people pinning pictures to a wall and he watched with interest as the crossed out a picture of some... burning woman. Jake couldn't help but almost feel bad for whomever she was. Regardless of whom you were, having your picture crossed out was... cold. Its an exceedingly blunt declaration that whoever or whatever she was involved with was finished. More than likely at the cost of someones life. Or multiple someones.

Jake turned and continued to walk down the corridor. He had reached the back of the bunker now, and there seemed to be a caffeteria. He walked in and ordered a coffee before slipping into a seat, pulling out a manilla envelope from his bag. He spilled its contents acrost the table.

The first thing that he grabbed was a screenshot of security footage from Force Technologies earlier that day. He circled the images of Terrastorm and Technomancer with an erasable marker and grabbed the file which he had been given by Ryker after their confrontation. Once he met with whomever was going to speak with him here at the resistance, he would check their databases for any information on them as well.

Doctor Von Force had discovered that a single prototype had been stolen from the sub basement. A genetic accelerator, a prototype device that was meant to be able to enhance the speed of evolution within crops. He slid a paper with the words incident report written on the front towards him.

Roughly eight months ago, the device had malfunctioned and emited waves of dark matter that had caused rapid mutation in several of the then current staff whom had been working in the lab. It had made them into meta humans...

And not three days after the incident did both victims go missing. Obvious signs of struggle at both of their homes.

Alice Evergreen and Kyle Steel... The only people other than Doctor Von Force whom knew what the device was capable of. Had they told someone about the device? Someone who wanted to make meta humans? Jake could only think of one group that would benefit from having more meta humans in Hyperia...

Jake sipped his coffee and continued to think about his current prediciment. If the Meta Force had stolen the device, why have two crooks from the next city over come and steal it? Because they didn't want to reveal their intentions? By having outsiders get the device it would arouse less suspicion? It wouldn't catch the resistances attention? Jake frowned. Regardless he would have to inform whomever was meeting him about what had happened.

"Hmm..." He muttered to himself as he continued to drink his coffee.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years

XJTTCjG.jpg
Nerites Ekitai
Child of The Ocean

"That'll be three fifty, ma'am." the barista said, closing the lid on Nerites' coffee. It was much too early in the morning for anyone sensible to be up at this time - yet this peculiar customer had waltzed in merrily into the empty café like they owned the place, happily humming a little tune to herself.

"Ah, wonderful! Just the right amount!" the water goddess exclaimed, tearing off the lid and effortlessly chugging down the scalding hot drink in one swift motion.

"Ahm..." the barista hesitated. "I meant three and a half dollars, ma'am."

"Oh." Nerites mouthed sheepishly. "Ah... currency, currency..." she mumbled, patting her pockets tentatively. "Dear me, I suppose I must have run out. My deepest apologies, miss, ah..." She squinted at the barista's nameplate. "Miss, My Name Is Sharon!" She said, a little impressed at how long first names were permitted to be in the US.

"Uhm..." Sharon began, unsure whether she was paid enough to handle people like this. "Well, you need to-"

Before she could finish her sentence, Nerites grabbed her cup and plunged her hand inside. "One second..."

Moments later, the cup began filling back up- with the exact same coffee Nerites had drank earlier. The barista watched in shock and awe as she handed her back the drink.

"I am truly, truly sorry." Nerites said, her expression genuinely apologetic. "I need to get used to the concept of currency again. I assure that the moment I acquire three fifty of an item, I will pay them to you. I do have a little appointment to go to, though, so do not be alarmed is my payment is delayed."

Sharon opened her mouth to say something, but with a twiddly wave of goodbye, the woman had already gone.

--------------​

Shifting out of gas form into her corporeal form, Nerites finally arrived at the building where Quantum was waiting.

"Oh, there you are, Quantum!"

Looking up from the suitcase she currently had open, Quantum's voice rose in pitch, clearly excited to see her old friend.

"Nerites! Awh, I'm glad you made it."

Without waiting for her to speak again, Quantum strode over and wrapped her arms around the water godess, giving her a fond squeeze. "I know we saw each other the other night, but... it's -really- good to see you again. Where did you go again...?

Nerites opened her mouth, ready to make another misplaced sea comment, but was cut short by Quantum's powerful cyber-enhanced embrace. "Oh, me? I suppose I was just exploring your beautiful city again. Memory does get a little shrimpy after the first thousand years." she said, giggling.

She looked around the rooftop. "Say, why are you on top of this location? I was told you would be here, but it seems very strange you would be just to enjoy the view."

Stepping back, Quantum gave a small shrug of her shoulders, glancing around at the clear, blue skies. "It had to be a place where we could hand out the transcievers, without anyone really taking note of it. And not alot of people come by here." She added with a wry smile behind the helmet.

Nerites gasped. "My transceiver!"

"Hold on..." Raising a finger, the water goddess shifted her right arm into water form. After a few seconds, a rusty, circular piece of metal fell off, landing in her other hand. Nerites raised the bracelet-like object, once given to her by Binary on the first day of the Champions' operations. "Oh dear... I don't think it has held up very well."

"Oh, erh... no, it doesn't look like it." she gave the device a small glance, shrugging her shoulders. "It's okay, though. I've gone through my share of transcievers too." She snickered, raising her arms to flex them, letting her action tell its own story.

"But! The new ones are waterproof, so it should be just fine for you to use underwater."

"Oh, perfect!" Nerites cheered, clapping her hands together in excitement. "I would very much like a new one!"

Quantum smiled to herself. It was nice to be around the always bubbly Nerites. She blinked, shaking her head. "Can't believe I just did that..."

Reaching down towards the open suitcasee, Quantum pulled out a very shiny, metallic-grey wrist-mounted device, which she offered out to Nerites. "There you go. And good luck."

Putting on her new accessory excitedly, Nerites twisted and turned her watery forearm, examining every angle of the gadget. It took her a few seconds for her to register what Quantum had just said. "...hmm? Good luck? What for?" she asked absentmindedly, still resisting the urge to push every button on the transceiver.

"You are right, though. Everyone deserves a little good luck in life!" she added, looking up and grinning at Quantum.,

Quantum smiled to herself, nodding her head lightly. "True enough! But, uh, I think you'll need most of it right now." She paused, giving Nerites a small look. "You... do remember the trials, right?"

"Trials?" Nerites asked, confused. Suddenly, her eyes free wide and she nodded. "Oh, yes, the triaaaals! Pfsh- of course I- how could I forget?" she scoffed unnaturally. I can't let her know I forgot... not on my first day! she thought.

Quantum let out a snicker-snort and nodded her head, rolling her shimmering, purple eyes. "Suuuure. Well, I'm glad that you -do- remember, because otherwise, this next part might come as quite a shock to you."

Before she could respond, the device burst into a bright flash of light.

When she opened her eyes, the rooftop in was gone. She was now in what seemed to be a city square - or at least, what used to be one. The landscape around her was now barren and rocky, with destroyed buildings lining the rubble-covered street and upturned cars scattered around like trash as if spat out by a massive hurricane.

"Goodness me..." Nerites gasped. "What could have happened here?"

She was met with a female voice echoing in her mind. "This is what happens when you face the power of the meta force."

Nerites turned around, confused as to where the voice had come from. There was no sign of life for miles, aside for herself. "Who said that?" the water goddess asked, looking around. "Quantum, is that you? You sound... different." She tapped on her transceiver.

She was met again with the same voice. "You are alone now. No help from Quantum, or any of the other resistance scum."

Nerites turned around again, now beginning to get irritated at the little game the voice was playing. "That's not a nice thing to call them! I'll have you know that they are some of the nic- oof!"

She was cut short as a massive, purple projectile slammed into her gut, knocking her back into a broken car.

"Oww..." she moaned in pain, rubbing her head as she got out of the indent that her body had made in the car. "I don't think you like them very much then. But that's okay, there are some things I dislike too! So we aren't so different aft- whoa, hey!"

She was cut short again, this time barely dodging the energy ball by rolling out of the way.

"It's not nice to interrupt others either!" she called out, dusting off her clothes. "And please show yourself!" she added, accentuating her demand by bursting into her water form. I hope that was not too intimidating...

"As you wish." the voice replied behind her.

Spoiler:

"I am the sorceress Morgana. And I am here to finally get rid of the rebel filth that you are." the woman spat.

"Very glad to meet you, Morgana! I am Nerites. Now I know it's going to be a little hard to believe, and it is quite a funny story," the goddess chuckled, "But I am in fact a Greek god- hey!" she stopped, ducking again to avoid the magician's attack.

"Quit the talking and get to the fighting, rebel scum!" Morgana spat, her hands glowing with magic from the bolt she had just fired. "Come here and fight m-"

"No!" Nerites yelled, interrupting her. "How does it feel to be interrupted now, huh?"

Giving Morgana no time to reply, Nerites raised her arm, flinging a large glob of water at her enemy and taking a step forward. "See?" she began. "It's- not- very- nice, IS IT?" she continued, barraging her with glob after glob and slowly making her way to the sorcerer.

Using the water barrage as cover, the goddess dashed underneath her own projectiles and slid towards Morgana. Blinded by the water, the sorcerer found herself lifted up by the legs, encased in a giant watery bubble.

"Are you... going to play nice now?" Nerites huffed, worn out by the large amount of water she had expulsed in such a short time. It has been a while since I have done something like this... I should be more careful about tiring myself out.

Regaining her cheery composure, she leveled Morgana's face to hers. "I did want to ask you about something. Quantum was talking about a 'trial' earlier being around here; do you happen to know where - or who - that may be?" she asked. "This rusty old transceiver hasn't been much help."

Her response came in the form of a powerful burst of energy, bursting the water bubble and sending Nerites flying off towards a nearby building. Catching herself mid-flight, the goddess flipped around, shifting into gas form to stop her momentum. Magic?!

As the purple energy dissipated from around Morgana's body, the sorceress leapt into the air before dashing at an incredible speed towards Nerites.

"You should be careful with that!" she called out, frowning in concern and putting her hands on her hips (a pose which made for a rather funny-looking cloud, she thought). "I've seen many mortals get overwhelmed by this power."

She watched as multiple magic blasts, followed by Morgana herself, shot through her gaseous body before turning around to face the sorceress again. "I'm being very serious, MorganaaaAAAHHH!!"

Nerites flailed around wildly as she fell, having been suddenly and forcibly switched back into her liquid form; and hitting the ground in a loud splash. Moments later, the puddle of water regrouped itself, once again taking the shape of the - now fairly nauseous and irritated - ocean goddess. Coughing, she pounded herself on the chest before hurling out a pingpong-ball-sized glob of purple goop. What...? She was met with another spike of pain before vomiting out another similar glob. Nerites' mind raced as she tried to register what had just happened. The globs seemed to give the sorceress control over her metamorphosis - even if she was in gas form. Morgana came crashing down in front of her, her arms set alight with two fiery magic swords, her eyes burning with purple energy and her sights set on none other than the water goddess.

Shakily getting back on her legs, Nerites coughed a few more times before clearing her throat. "That was... unpleasant, Morgana." she said, frowning. "But if this is this game you want to play... I am afraid I must play along."

As she spoke these words, the Greek goddess' arms instantly solidified, creating a pair of deadly frozen blades. "Nos bellum , auguratricis!"

In a blinding burst of speed, Nerites dashed bladefirst into her enemy, the attack just barely being blocked by Morgana's magical barrier. Allowing no time for her opponent to respond, Nerites spun around with her blades, cutting downward and attacking with another slash. This time, the barrier broke, sending sparks of energy flying towards both fighters. Refusing to slow down her attack, Nerites turned around, digging her two ice blades into the ground and pulling out a gigantic chunk of earth. Morgana leaped out of the way as Nerites hurled the rock at her, combining her two swords into one massive Excalibur before slamming it down onto Nerites.

"Saeva magicae, quod tu geris!" Nerites yelled, blocking the giant sword with her own blades. The Excalibur suddenly began turning blue - frozen on contact. Shifting one of her icy swords back into an icy hand, Nerites pulled sharply downwards, sending Morgana flying towards her only to be greeted with an ice-packed punch to the face.

Instantly, Nerites reeled back, watching Morgana's body land in front of her in a crumbled heap. "Oh dear me... I forgot you were a mortal.. Are you still o-"

A stabbing pain in her back suddenly cut her words short. "All this talk about magic and you still fall for illusions." Morgana whispered in her ear, painfully pulling out her sword out of Nerites' back. The latter fell to her hands and knees, coughing violently. "Die!"

Waving the swords off her hands, Morgana pulled her leg back to kick Nerites, the kick only being met with air as the latter transformed into her gas form. In a flash, Nerites reformed behind the sorceress, this time with her own blades poised. "And you should know that gods cannot die."

Pushing both icy blades through Morgana's abdomen, Nerites raised the sorceress into the air, blasting her away with a powerful jet of water. As she landed a short distance away, the goddess looked around.

"Do you still have any more illusions to throw at me?" Nerites called out. She was met with silence. "...Morgana?"

She turned back around. Where the bodies of the former illusions had fallen, there were now two other bodies: Chris and Quantum.

"N-no..." Nerites gasped. "I didn't mean to- no, no, no no no..." she murmured, clutching her head and falling to her knees. "No no no no no..."

She curled up onto the floor, whimpering. "I'm hurting them, no, no, no... I've changed, I've changed, I've... changed..."

Unaware of the illusion and purple figure forming behind her, Nerites continued, slowly shifting back to corporeal form. "I'm sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry..."

She never noticed Morgana's figure approach her, or the magic blade raised above her pierce the back of her head.

--------------​

Quantum turned around, having been looking out over the skyline of the city. Her eyes went a little wide upon seeing Nerites on the ground, quickly stepping over to her friend and kneeling down besides her.

"Nerites? Nerites, are you... what happened?"

The water goddess slowly looked up. "Q-quantum?" she stuttered, her eyes widening at the sight of her friend.

"Oh Quantum, I'm so, so sorry!" she wailed, wrapping her arms around the cyber-her. "I hurt you, she made me hurt you, Morgana did!"

Blinking a little, Quantum looked down at the woman hugging her, a small smile curling up on her lips, hidden by her helmet as she reached down to paat Nerites' back. "It's... alright, Nerites. It was just a sort of... practice round. It wasn't real."

"It... It wasn't real...?" Nerites stammered. "But I was there! Are you also not real?" she asked, unwrapping her arms.

"No, no, it wasn't!" Quantum raised her hands in front of her in order to calm her friend. "It was just a test. And, uh... I mean, it sounds like you sort of failed it, but... you were a hero here once. I'll make sure you still can be."

"R-right..." the goddess replied, shifting back into a watery form. "I am very sorry, Quantum, I- I need to leave."

"Wait, Nerites. What... happened in there?" Quantum's brow furrowed and she took a small step closer to her friend, reaching out in order to rest her hand on her shoulder.

Merely shaking her head in response, Nerites shrunk down to a puddle, quickly sliding away from Quantum and under the rooftop's railing.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years

Robert Wixter
Q-85487384
R-52769365

Episode 4
The Inquirer Questions
Dex's Diner, Hyperia

The family clambered in to the red pick up. Q had some difficulties getting in without its jet pack. R advised against scorching the pavement and hoisted Q on to the back, unhooking the caught wire on a rogue hook. R returned to the passenger seat. "It was not easy getting it in the back." R made himself look comfortable, sinking in to the chair. He reached over his shoulder and pulled it across him, clipping it in place.

Robert glanced at the rear view mirror, the slightly scuffed white plating obscured half of the vision. He smirked and then said to his son, "Maybe I should have bought a family car."
Almost immediately, in a strangely familiar way, Q stated, "I have found 24 car dealerships, 12 have reviews that mention family cars, 4 are fairly close to you."

Robert burst in to laughter. R just looked at his father blankly. After a brief fit of laughter, he composed himself. He had noticed R didn't laugh. Maybe that was what was something he missed over all these years. Her laughter, He had adjusted R's appearance before activating him, mixing the characteristics of his and his late wife in a modelling program. He sculpted R's face meticulously in order to make him look like the projection. He waved the depressing thoughts from his mind and slotted the key in to the hole and turned it, tugging at the ignition. The engine raised up from it's inanimate state and purred... if with a little bit of spluttering. He checked the map in his mind and then put his foot down.

"Where are we going?" His son asked him.
"Dex's Diner."

The truck finally pulled into a small, half-emtpy parking lot outside their destination, according to Robert's GPS calculations. Before the three of them stood a small, aged restaurant, the words "Dex's Diner" emblazoned over the entrance. The group alighted the vehicle walking in to the old restaraunt. The diner's occupants numbered just two. A young man in his early to mid twenties sat at table, sipping froma mug of coffee and reading from a small electronic tablet. The other was an ashen-haired middle-aged man who was polishing glasses behind a counter. The air hung with a smell of rich coffee ingrained in to the wood of the old diner.

"Hey there, glad to see you made it." The man smiled, setting down his tablet. Picking up a briefcase from the floor beside the table, he unlocked it, and took several small objects from inside.
Q instantly recognised him from his databanks of archived news. He said outloud: "ID: Reverb, New Champion | THERMAL (av.): Nominal | RISK: Low | Medical: Is In Perfect Health, Zero Malfunctions. | ExOrds: Kinetic and sonic energy manipulation. Proficient in almost all forms of technology. Uses sonic gauntlets to enhance his sound blasts." Reverb nodded knowingly. "Yep, that's me."
R looked at his brother aghast at the blantancy, "Don't shout it out."
Q accepted the command "Tuning volume settings." As it said it, it's voice lowered.
Robert asked the man, "You're in the resistance?"
Reverb nodded. "Yes, now, I believe I have something for you." he said, setting two small silver bracelet-looking devices on the tabletop. "As for you, my friend..," the man turned his gaze to Robert. "You'll find a program on this usb drive that will allow you all of the same functions the device offers." Robert took the memory stick and Q opened his connection port from the panel at the side of his torso. Q reported, "Updating." Robert put on his bracelet on his left arm, because he already had his watch on right hand. R put the watch on his hand. Robert felt some weird in the program he put in to Q... It felt wrong and he couldn't put his finger on it...

???, ???

In a flash of light, the three disappeared, finding themselves separated. He stood stood in grey faceless city that smelt like a graveyard. The sky was grey, the street lamp was emitting white light, brightening the monochrome world. Wixter tensed up, he instantly felt disconnected. A lack of company and a lack of internet connection, something was uneasy about this place. A perfect stillness had fallen on this exactly uniform world. A thick smog had the quantity to choke you in to believing this was a real world, but not so much to rip you from your unreal circumstance in a seizure of smoky blindness. The High Rise buildings stood in formation windowless cept for a central window which hid nor reveal nothing. With no open area, just a devil's grid of endless cuboids of clay.

Nearby a bin rattled with excitement. Its tin helmet began to steam and shake. It began to wobble up and down, the clanging echoing throughout the city as if it was a cathedral. The can exploded in a colourful cloud of pinkish purple. Yellow beads of light sprayed out. A silhouette formed within the cloud. Pulses of pink circles expanded rippling throughout the worldHe chuckled maniacally, "The blending of colour on to the drab is just so beautiful, don't you agree?"
A man in punk green and scarlet burgundy spandex, labelled with a question mark on his head, strode out of the gaseous source of the waves. Almost simultaneously, this had happened within the scope of all three. R, Q and Wixter stood in exactly the same spot in different instances. In Q's instance, the inquirer walked up to the robot and flicked it in the forehead. The head went back and it collapsed backwards. It was laying there without a spark. "Oh, no powers? How boring is that? I thought if you were going to summon me, you'd send me something more than a walking powerhouse turned off, isn't that reasonable?" He cried out in frustration to the sky.

In Robert's Instance, the Inquirer grinned. Robert called out to his family, "Q! R!" Yet none heard. The villain stepped forward and crossed his arms, summoning a mirror that phased in to existence in front of him. It lacked a frame, like a super sleek modern mirror reflecting that Robert Wixter is a old decrepit man, trying to imbue himself with a fake façade of robust immortality. The mirror's image began to become unfocussed. Refocussing, he found it looked like a youthful Robert. He stretched out to touch the mirror but it was immaterial, his hand wafted right through it, with the glass starting to ripple as if it was water, the image morphing and stretching and wobbling

"What is youth?" The Inquirer donned a circus ringmaster's cane and hat. He knew what to ask.

Robert was perplexed. He had been stolen away from his family by this mad man and put in a strange world just to answer questions! He looked around. Robert responded hesitantly. "Its the most precious time of your life."

"It's the quality of being in an organisms youngest years of their life." R answered the question in his instance.

The villain floated up to them and smacked them with the brass top of the cane. Robert grunted with a low "Ow."

Son had been pushed aside by the impact. He looked at his arm, the flesh-like epidermis had been punctured and a piece of dented metal was underneath, though he did not express any pain. The villain was much more forceful with Son. "Wrong?" He told them as if it was a verdict yet sounded like a question. He then widened his large smile to an impossible length. It was his time to shine.

"What is the circumference of the sun?" He interrogated both of them

"696,000 kilometers" responded Son.

"Correct?" Again, strangely responding.

"How am I supposed to answer that?" complained Robert.

"Aren't I supposed to ask the questions?" He asked another question "578345 times 94363?"

Son calculated it in a few milliseconds, "54574369235" Then again, Son's mother had called Robots "Walking Calculators" previously, but that was before he was born.
Robert found the calculations a little more difficult than his son. He tried to create a tablet. But he found he couldn't "Hmphf" he grunted. He went over to another trash can and snapped a piece off of the lid and pulled off the handle. He then began to sharpen the implement at painfully slow pace. The Inquirer tapped his foot. After he had sharpened it, he began to work it out, scratching it in to the tarmac.

The inquirer complained. "Do you have to be so slow?"

"Well, you should have thought about that before you asked a question like that."

"Your own image completed it in an instance, why can't you?"

"Mine own image? You mean my son? You've got him too?"

"Are all humans as stupid as you?"

Robert bit his tongue, he couldn't react just yet. He finished working it out. "five, four, five, seven... forty-three, sixty-nine, two-three-five."

Unimpressed, the Inquirer crossed his arms."Will you answer my questions?"

"What questions?"

"Isn't it futile to answer a question with a question?"

"Might I say the same the thing to you?"

"The answers are: Yes, you were wrong. Yes, I am supposed to provide the questions. No, you could be faster. It can because it's an imitation, an automaton," he stressed that word, the word the old man hated, automaton. "According to your own feeble attempts at ranking yourself within the category of humans from all of the world in order of..." he floats closer, pausing. "IQ" he continues after a briefer pause. "You just might be average, there are plenty below and above you. It seems all humans are stupid, to butcher such a simple measurement. No, I'm telling you the answers to my questions and to some extent it is futile, yet gives way for more questions and more answers, eventually, when you actually start to respond. Yes?"

Wixter thought about asking a question, but then that would start the dreadful cycle again. He couldn't show his anger just yet, he needed neutrality "Alright."

"Next question?" The inquirer left his cane floating, bringing up his hands, which had been magically dressed in elegant white butler gloves, and clapped his hands. He reached his legs to the floor, tipping his hat. He grabbed his cane that was casually floating away from him as if in space.

He hit it on the ground in front of him and put both of his hands atop the bulbous golden top. Suddenly at the speed of a hurricane he stood standing but skidded around Wixter as if drawing a circle on a compass. After one revolution, his second time around spawned copies of himself at each 10 degrees. A disembodied voice from above accompanied the copied version that spoke in unison, "Which of us is the original?"
Wixter stroked his beard, replaying the scene in his head. Logically it would be the one next to the one in the original place. He pointed at the one he thought it was. All at once the fancily dressed ringmasters strode forward and began batting their batons against Wixter. They echoed, "Wrong?" again.

R calculated the location of the disembodied voice from his two high quality microphones and vibration sensors placed either side of his Sensory Processing Network. It was not in the circle, but below him. He would answer the question correctly. "None of you are the root. The original is in the ground, 2 metres from my current location."

The original phased out of the ground and stood next to R. He congratulated the robot, "Correct?" The original appeared as a silhouette of the sky and set down next to Wixter. "Wasn't that fun?" He plastered an insatiable grin, that was borrowed from the face of the Joker. He took off his top hat, throwing away a stuffed bunny rabbit, and an African Lion that had been taken out of his hat, they scattered.

"Ah here it is." He pulled out life sized, 2-d version of a man with brown hair, glasses, a red and white striped shirt, blue jeans and a beany which continued the striped theme. It shuffled awkwardly, unable to move correctly in 3 dimensions. The inquirer summoned a mirror with a crowd of people. He pushed the walking piece of paper in to the picture. He took the entirety of the mirror's view until he got smaller and smaller and then the crowd moved around, mixing him in. The Inquirer slung his arm around his subject's shoulders and asked,"Where's Wally?" Wixter looked at him funny, the villain clarified, "Where's Waldo?"

Wixter found him, "Next to the Granny with the baby in a pram."
R found him shortly after, "There."
Wixter shrugged off the Inquirer's arm. He was close enough, he had to take this opportunity.
He held it behind his back, rallying his fury and putting it behind his right arm. He pulled it out from behind his back. He thrust it towards his captor. The sharpened end of bin handle dug in to the neck of the crazy man, Robert braced himself for gore, yet the blood and ooze never came. A satisfying snap replaced a crush of the spinal cord. Oil sprayed out from one side of the wound, a thicker, more docile oil gradually made its way down it's grey hardened plastic chest plate. The point had went right through the central column severing the connections.

Son stepped back from the Inquirer. Something changed. His smile temporarily stopped for a brief second. He then grew it back out, "Final question!" He poked Son's chest. "Who are you?"
As an automated script still left over, he responded, "This Unit is an R series automated personal helper. Manufactured by Mayclare International Industries. Its serial code is R-52769365." After a moment, the script ended.
"I thought you were Son, son of Robert Wixter?" He started to walk circles around R."An imperfect imitation? 'Automated' it said, that's what 'automatons' are, right?" R felt anger well up inside him.
"I am!" He shouted.
"Son, or an automaton?"
"Son, I am Son!"
"Son or son of Robert?"
"I am his son, he named me Son."
Inquirer conjured a mirror, an image showing Robert, deceased. His rage was unleashed. He took his hand and punched his arm in to the inquirer's chest, quickly realising that this was a robot. The inquirer pulled the weak punch that only pierced the projection away from his chest. "Don't you have any powers? What a crying shame, doesn't that mean your reinforced fighting frame, your hacking and all of your other powers are disabled?"

He laughed evilly, "This is a trial of wit, Impress me." He summoned a pile of junk and R was quick and concise, pulling some eligible piece of wire. He yanked a couple of wire out of his circuitry and put it behind him. Sneaking up to him while he was turned away, he ripped a panel out of the back of the enemy robot and jabbed in the two wires. The Inquirer's head went back, trying to protect his neck. It was too late. R sent a large shock through the wires, overloading the resistors. The inquirer began to smoke and heat up. The fire from the inside ate him up. His façade fell. The robot fell to its knees as then toppled backwards.

R and Wixter disappeared in a flash of light engulfing them.

Last edited:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
umjj5o8.png

XJTTCjG.jpg
Nerites Ekitai
Child of The Ocean

Nerites looked at her transceiver, then back up to the building in front of her. Cooper and Hawkes... Attorneys at Law... Nerites squinted. He must have quite an intelligent hawk for it to be an attorney. she mused, slightly impressed. She entered the building, as was immediately met with the sight of someone she knew very well - at the other end of the lobby was a desk, and sitting at the computer was none other than the Champions' secretary Amanda.

Nerites gasped, dashing over to the woman and hugging her tightly over the counter, scattering countless papers and other office stationary as she wrapped herself around the stunned secretary. "Amanda! Oh, I am so glad to see you once more! How have you been?" she asked.

Coughing a little as the goddess loosened her embrace, Amanda regained her composure. "Hello to you too, Nerites." she croaked, smiling as she rubbed her neck. "You're early."

"Oh, am I?" Nerites asked. "Should I come back later? I still need to pay the-"

"No, no! I just meant that you're one of the first people. You're here for..." she momentarily paused, glancing at the camera pointed at her desk. Putting on a pleasant smile, she continued. "...your appointment, I presume. The place you are looking for is through the stairwell, bottom floor." she said, motioning towards the stairs to her left.

"Ohhh..." Nerites nodded slowly. She leaned in not-so-discreetly and winked at the blonde-haired secretary, "I get it." she whispered.

-------------------------​

Nerites yawned as she passed what felt like the hundredth door in the underground base. For all the facilities and technology they had in here, the place was surprisingly empty. The water goddess assumed most of them were sleeping in, or off fighting crime somewhere. As she continued to stride past the numerous metallic sliding doors and yet more corridors, she began fiddling absentmindedly with her transceiver as one of the former slid open with a slight whoosh.

A male figure came through the opening, and suddenly Nerites was no more alone in the hall. After closer inspection, this man was clearly one of the older resistance members. He looked to be in around his mid forties to fifties, and wore an olive green shirt, along with baggy khaki pants, and some kind of half-mask that covered the left half of his face. It appeared as if he had not seen her as he exited, as he immediately began down the other end of the corridor without a word or glance in her direction.

Nerites instantly perked up, relieved that there was another soul aside from herself and Amanda in the building. Quickly shifting to her watery form, the goddess slithered along the ground and between the man's feet before suddenly reforming in front of him, stopping the man in his tracks (and inadvertently splashing his attire with water).

"Hello!" she piped up, wiggling her fingers amicably. "You did not notice me?"

The man in green pressed on, without so much as turning his head. It was as if he hadn't heard her at all.

Nerites pouted, slightly offended that the only person she had seen in hours was pretending she didn't exist. Once again dropping to the ground in a puddle, she slithered ahead of him again, this time reforming into her larger, less-transparent ice form this time. "I am Nerites! Nice to meet you!" she said cheerily, extending a cold hand towards the approaching man.

The man stopped in front of the icy goddess. He stood motionless for a few seconds, but after a moment, reached up and pulled the mask away from his face.

Nerites gasped, her hand instinctively pulling back the sight of his face. The entire left side was marred with scars and burns, most of which looked old and well-worn. One of the larger scars ran through the eye, whose color was a milky white. A scowl stretched tightly across his mouth, her new acquaintance stared back at Nerites.

"Move."

Nerites briefly shook her head as she regained her composure, realizing how rude it was to stare at the man's scars. "Aye aye, captain!" she replied, stepping to the side and saluting the man. The moment he continued to move forward, the goddess began to follow, slithering along in her watery form, watching him eagerly with a broad grin etched on her face.

After descending a flight of stairs, they entered a large, rectangular room. The walls were covered with racks of weapons and ammunition, and down at the far end there were several booths that appeared to house targets. The room was mostly empty, most likely due to the early hour. However, the a low, clacking sound be heard, coming form one of the firing booths. The scarred man wasted no time in traversing the long room, passing the set of equipment and training supplies littered throughout the space.

As Nerites followed her target, they came into view of the cause of the sound. A girl, with pale skin and a thin frame, stood gripping a silenced sniper rifle, firing round after round into the mechanically moving paper targets. Her face was mostly obscured by a black hood, which connected to a large black jacket that seemed to swallow up her small form.

The man's footsteps were silent despite the wooden floor, and the girl seemed intensely focused on her task. Stopping just behind the girl, he took a small metal object from one of his pockets, and let it drop to the ground. The bullet casing hit the ground with a small clink, and the sound seemed to echo out into the silence between the gunshots. The girl whipped around, surprised, and her carefully-aimed shot lodged itself over into the wall.

The man spoke. "You missed."

The girl hung her head, a few strands of black hair falling out of her hood.

The exchange continued for a few moments more, though neither party uttered a word more. After a moment, the girl took notice of the puddle of water that had appeared next to her.

She looked questioningly at the man. After no response, she asked. "What... is that?"

"The other thing you missed."

A tiny hand emerged from the puddle, waving at the girl. A face appeared soon after that, followed by the entire body of the water goddess. Beaming, Nerites extended her watery hand. "Hello! I am Nerites. He's with me."

The girl took a step back, surprised. The scarred man didn't so much as blink. "Is this one of the recruits?" she queried softly. Returning the gesture to the watery outstretched hand, she smiled. "My name is Surefire. His is Longshot."

Nerites frowned slightly, confused as to whether these were four separate words or two single names. Either way, she shook it off and smiled happily. "And yes, I am a recruit! Although not exactly new. I am already great friends with Amanda, of course."

Both Surefire and Longshot both seemed taken aback by this last comment. After shooting an uncertain glance at her companion, the girl smiled back at the watery woman. "Good to hear. Have you been assigned a mission task yet, Nerites?"

Nerites shook her head. "No, sadly. I remember our missions were given on our old transceivers." she said, showing and tapping the gadget on her wrist. "Oh no, I think I left my old one with Quantum..."

"I see... well, it won't be long then. There is much work to be done. Speaking of which..." Surefire trailed off, turning back to the man beside her. His grim frown deepened.

"Trayton is gone." was the old man's reply. The girl gasped, a somber look spreading across her features. "You don't mean that..."

"Don't know what happened exactly. Never came back from the factory job. Could be MF, could be just him pulling his damn solo antics again. Either way, we're going to have to wait until one of the others gets back before we can run the op."

Surefire slung the rifle over her back, and motioned them out of the booth. As the three walked back into the main room, she stopped once more, with another query.

"Are none of them back yet? Do any of the new recruits have..."

"No." Longshot grunted as he brushed roughly past, continuing to stride towards the door.

"Ooh, I may be of assistance!" Nerites called out. "Or at least, until Mr Trayton returns from his 'solo attic'. I am sure it is only an emergency. Besides, we have already bonded so greatly! We cannot waste this opportunity, mister Long!"

The scarred man halted. After a moment of silence, his gruff response came.

"Not a chance."

Before any more conversation could take place, the transceiver device on Longshot's wrist began to emit a low beeping sound. He tapped the display, and raised his arm slightly, as if reading something intently.

Clearly, whatever the old man read didn't please him. His face contorted into a snarl, before relaxing back into it's usual neutral scowl. Looking back to Surefire and Nerites, he pointed towards the door. "Armory, now. Both of you."

The rifle-toting girl followed without hesitation motioning for their watery companion to come. It wasn't long before the trio reached the armory. A large, octagonal room near the heart of the compound, with doors and walls that one could see were much thicker than the rest. After various security measures were performed, the reinforced doors slid open, revealing the interior of their destination. The room was filled with a maze of shelves and racks, laden with every sort of armor and weapon one might think of. Firearms lined one wall. Blades and blunt weapons adorned another. Racks of battle armor, kevlar, and bright spandex dotted the others. There was enough tools of warmongering here to outfit a small legion.

Longshot and Surefire seemed right at home, and were already eyeing up certain caches. The former looked back at Nerites, who simply stood there humming to herself, and sighed. "We're proceeding with the op as planned. She'll be our third. Order came in straight from Alpha. Get her suited up, we greenlight in ten."

Surefire nodded as the man moved away to the other side of the armory. Looking at Nerites once more, she chuckled to herself. "Now, Nerites was it? We need to get you geared up for the mission. Are you ready?"

"I suppose s-" Nerites stopped mid-sentence. Her eyes grew wide as she spotted something in the armory. Quickly dashing over to the shelf, she carefully took the pair of shades, contemplating them as if they were objects of indescribable value. She slowly put them on, taking a moment to indulge in the new light-grey-colored perspective she had on the world.

"I'm ready." she turned to Surefire, giving her a stoic nod and a thumbs-up.

A joint post of Foxrally and GreyBidoof

Years
Druid​
The base was far larger than the building it sat below. Eric's eyes wandered about, looking at all the people walking around, and of course all the hallways and rooms within eyesight. His eyes finally settled on the training room that must have been where he had his battle against himself, as it had replays of various fights on a screen next to the glass window, one of which was his own. Eric was startled when the doors of the elevator began to close, and quickly shoved his arm in the way to stop the machine from taking him back up to the top.

He wasn't exactly sure what he should be doing, since they hadn't appeared to give him any direction other than to get to the building, so he decided to explore the complex a bit. He walked over towards an area that appeared to be a technology lab, but quickly decided that they looked much too busy for him to bother them. There was a gym, but he didn't really need to work out after that exhausting fight earlier. He wasn't sure exactly where to go, or what to do. He thought about it for a while, and then decided that his best course of action would be to rest. He could worry about figuring everything out in the morning. He walked back over towards the elevator, and then stopped. Why should he go all the way back to his apartment, when he could just sleep in his spellbook? But where would he store it overnight? He thought about it for a minute or two before he settled on leaving it under a bench near the elevator. He propped the book up against the wall under the bench, and then cast the spell to allow him to enter the book.

"Hello Eric." the book greeted him.

"Hey." he replied. He picked up a piece of chalk from the ground and drew a series of elaborate circles on the ground. When he finished, he stood in the center of it. After a few seconds of delay, the circles began to glow, and they began to spin at varying speeds. "Sleepware." he commanded. The circles changed color before his clothes glowed and faded away. A few seconds after, a set of pajamas had taken their place. He was wearing a white tee-shirt, a pair of pajama pants with little rocket-ships on them, and a pair of fuzzy bunny slippers. "Book, can you please replicate my bedroom?" he said, before the walls began to ripple like a liquid and the floor reshaped into various furniture items. He walked over to his bed and lay down on it, then realizing something. "Book?" he questioned.

"Yes, Eric?" it replied.

"You're not going to watch me when I sleep are you?" he asked nervously.

"You do realize that you're inside my mind? I can't exactly stop using my mind while you're sleeping, so of course I'll be forced to watch you while you sleep. Pleasant dreams!" it replied.

"Oh book, you always say just the right things." he said sarcastically.

Needless to say he didn't sleep well, although the nightmares were not caused by the book's creepiness. He has yet another nightmare about his brother's death, although this time it didn't end when his brother died. This time he saw where his brother went. He saw hell.

The fire was so blinding, and the black smokey fog blocked out almost everything. The only thing Eric could make out was his brother's body, and the demons that dragged it down with them. But something troubled him more than the demons feasting on his brother's corpse. He was more concerned with the fact that his brother was screaming and writhing in agony. After an eternity of torture, his brother went quiet, and then he stood up. By this point he wasn't much more than bone and bits of flesh stuck here and there, but Eric clearly saw him stand on his own. Then his body erupted in fire, and the flames created new flesh, new skin, and completely reformed his body. He looked vastly different than how he looked before, now having red skin, horns, and fiery demonic eyes. Eric was terrified, and then it started to speak.

"Thank you." it rasped, "You have given us more power than we could have ever asked for, little brother. For now we, Daniel and Igneon, are one in the same." It then cracked a smile, its sharp teeth bared as it laughed hysterically.

Eric woke up in the middle of the book's floor, the room no longer disguised as his bedroom. "Eric! Eric!" the book was shouting.

"What?" he answered groggily.

"You were trebling in fear! What's going on?" it demanded.

"Oh, nothing new." he replied in an annoyed tone.

"How long have these nightmares been happening?" it asked, concerned.

"A few days, weeks? I don't remember. Look it doesn't matter anyway. I think tonight was the last one." he lied, earning a concerned yet relieved sigh. Eric walked over to the circles he drew on the floor yesterday, luckily they hadn't been smudged during his restless night's sleep, and stood in the center. "Costume." he demanded. The circles glowed, undressed him, and re-dressed him in his costume.

Today would be a very long day.

First Day- Part 2​

Oddball_

Years
008: Super Plumber Brothers... Part One

Light Force
l4eTWYd.png

Lightforce sat up. It seemed as though he had fallen asleep while viewing his folders at the table in the Resistance caffeteria. How long had he been out? It felt like it had been 69 days or something since he had sat down. The teenage meta-human shook his head and stood up and stretched, before noticing that has tranceiver was blinking.

"Agents Lightforce and Druid.
You have been tasked with going to the Hyperia Manufacturing factory to investigate the reports of meta force activity, and to destroy any equipment that they might be housing there WITHOUT causing any damage to the main facility.
Report to Research and Development to pick up some tools that will aid you in your task." The tranceiver screen displayed.

"Druid?" The teenage meta wondered to himself. "Its not that hobo looking guy is it?"

Druid sighed as he ordered lunch. He rubbed his eyes and yawned, when suddenly his tranceiver beeped. He swiped at the screen that popped up and read through the message twice. He was going on his first mission! He just had to find his partner.

Then, the guy behind the counter tapped him on the shoulder, handing him a plate of what appeared to be some kind of meat slopped on a pile of potatos. "Thanks?" he replied, turned and dumped the smelly slime into the trash. That was not going to go in his mouth.

Lightforce turned at the sound of mush falling into a plastic bag. Which is about as appealing a sound as it would seem.

"I know right. You would think they would at least try to keep us well nourished." The blonde haired superhero chuckled as he dug through his bag and pulled out a bag of potato chips. "Have some REAL food, best keep your strength up. Looks like we're working together." He said as he tossed the bag at the only other person in the room with him.

"Names Lightforce. By that beeping on your arm, I'm assuming you're the one they call Druid."

"Thanks!" he replied, popping open the bag and walking over to sit down with Lightforce. "I'd complain about the food, but at least I didn't have to pay for it." he said in between shoving wads of chips in his mouth like a madman. "Is this your first mission too?"

"For the resistance yeah. I did some vigilante stuff on my own for a short while after I got my powers, drew a bit of attention where I shouldn't have. Learned my lessons I suppose. Did meet some interesting people though." Lightforce responded as he watched the homeless looking man sit down next to him. "How about you. What made you think 'hey, I want to save the world?'"

Druid's face went pale. "I, uhh, well I have to use this magic for something." he waved his hand, flames engulfing it. "Ow! Ow! That was supposed to be sparkles!" he shouted, blowing on his hand.

"..." Lightforce stared at the man as he attempted to put out the fire that he had accidentally summoned onto his hand. "Stop drop and roll?" He said, attempting to hide the laughter that was escaping from him.

"Uhh, no I got this, just gotta...." he muttered as he racked his brain for a spell to fix this. After an agonizing ten seconds of flaming fingers, he muttered an incantation, the flames dissipating. He flexed his hand, mild burns on the surface of his skin. "Heh, I, uhh. I'm not exactly, that experienced with using shorthand spellcasting. Usually I take a minute or so and cast the safe versions. I've had more than a few giant fireballs explode in my face." he blushed. "Probably should've studied more of the quick ones."

"I might have someone who can help with that. ANYWAY... We should probably get going before the meta force takes over the world or something." Lightforce responded, motioning towards the doors.

"Right. Uhh, do you know where the Research and Development area is?" Druid questioned.

"According to the GM boss man its on the fourth sub basement, I believe we're on the second floor now so we just have to find the stairs down." Lightforce explained as he began looking around for a stairway leading down to the RND labs.

"GM? Is that an abbreviation for something?" Druid questioned, following closely behind.

"Game Master. You know, the omnipotent being who is watching over everything we do at every moment in time? Oh look heres the stairs!" Lightforce interjected, pointing to a set of stairs leading downwards. "Shall we?"

The duo headed down the stairs and followed the path down to the RND floor, where they were met by several scientists who ushered them into a back room and handed them several bags. Inside one such bag was a oblong device with glowing blue buttons that was explained to them to be an Electro Magnetic Pulse that would fry any high tech equipment the meta force might be using without harming the majority of the factory's machinery. In the other bags were two blue plumbers suits, and the keys to a van which were labelled: "Laxitive Plumbing Co. We'll clear out your pipes in no time "

They arrived at the factory a short while later, and were ushered in by the security guard at the gate and pointed towards a bathroom in the back of the factory. Once there, they parked their van and began to prepare for their mission.​

Years
Lightforce and Druid​
Donning their swanky new plumbing clothes, Druid and Lightforce, currently going by the names of Mario and Luigi, made their way into the facility.

"So, whats the problem boss?" The young meta human in green asked.

Shit pipes are clogged... say aren't you a little young to be plumbers?" A fat man asked from behind a desk as he took a deep puff of a pungeant cigar.

"Yes. Yes we are." Lightforce-Luigi responded as he pushed his trolley across the floor and towards the bathroom which the fat man had directed them towards.

"So do we actually have to unclog their toilet pipes? Because I am not going to touch anything that came into contact with that guy's butt." Druid whispered, walking alongside Lightforce in a red version of the same costume he was wearing.

"I don't even want to think about that." Lightforce muttered in response as they pushed the trolleys down the hallway. "We're supposed to be looking for any equipment the meta force is hiding and or developing here yes? I don't think they would just leave that lying around where two guys dressed as italian plumbers from a japanese videogame could just stumble across. I suggest we start looking for places they don't want us to find."

"So we should be looking for like, locked doors and areas marked 'restricted?' Sounds easy enough. Although I guess not getting caught is the hard part. This would be so much easier if we could just light the place on fire." Druid laughed.

"I'm with you there." Lightforce said as they arrived at the bathroom. "So now we just crack the door open and pray nobody decides to actually check on us while we're in there? Wait, what am I thinking. How would having that happen push the narrative forward at all."

Suddenly, as if knowing it would happen, an asian man in a buisness suit walked past, nodding politely as he pulled a keychain off his belt and stepped into the elevator. He held the keys awkwardly as he waited for the doors to close.

"Well thats a bit suspicious. Looks like we're going to have to find some keys." Lightforce muttered to his wizardy partner.

"Hmm, HQ didn't say anything about kidnapping or knocking someone unconcious, did they?" Druid grinned. "How about we take a look at the 'plumbing' in that room over there?" He pointed to a room that seemed to have someone in it, sitting at a desk alone. "We just go in, whack him, and then draw the blinds."

"I like the way you think." Lightforce laughed quietly as they stepped towards the room.

Druid turned the doorknob slowly, pushing the door open as quietly as possible. He moved his hands in a rhythmic motion, a ball of air forming between them. He walked up slowly behind the man, who was so engrossed in his work that he didn't notice the wizard towering behind him. Druid slammed the ball of air over the man's head, his brown hair swirling in the vortex.

He held the ball there for a while, until the man was deprived of air long nough to pass out. Then, dissipating the air ball, he reached down and pulled the man's keychain off his belt. "Got it!" he announced. He tore a piece of cloth off the poor man's suit, gagging him, and then used the man's shoelaces to bind his hands and feet together. "I saw this in a movie once. Hopefully it actually works." he laughed.

Lightforce shook his head and grinned. He doubted the shoelace would hold the man, but he wasn't going to deprive his comrade of his moment of glory. That and, if things did go south, that would give him an excuse to blast stuff.

"Shall we?" The plumber in green asked from the doorway, quickly jabbing a thumb in the direction of the elevator.

"Ladies and small children first." Druid motioned to the elevator, winking at the smaller boy.

Lightforce rolled his eyes and walked forwards, trying desperatly to ignore teenage writers remarks about his character. He jammed his finger on the button and waited for what seemed like an eternity as the elevator returned to their floor.

"About damn time." He grumbled as the door finally opened and he stepped inside. "Are you coming or what?" He grumbled to Druid as he tapped his foot impatienty. "It looks like theres a keyhole or something."

"Well, since we did just go through this whole thing of finding a key, I kind of figured there would be." he replied, stepping into the elevator. He pushed the key into the hole and waited for the doors to close. Then, he turned it.

SUPER PLUMBER BROTHERS - Part 2​

Years
Giron: Simple Solutions"
AKA Basil DeLeon | Aged 30 | Male | Reptilia

giron_by_fraisechaton-d93flop.png

Giron had places to go and things to do. Unfortunately for him, neither of those things in his mind included spending several hours as Bazil DeLeon working for the government agency that was desperately trying to find and kill both he and his friends… which is exactly what he was stuck doing. Espionage was not always all it was cracked up to be. It was also extremely boring when there no information coming in worth altering. There'd been a few sightings the previous day - oddly enough - but nobody had any real information at all.

The time ticked on, as time is prone to doing, as Giron tried to look like he was busy. After all, being fired would make espionage rather difficult. Or at least Giron figured it would without considering how easy it would be for him to impersonate just about any of his co-workers. Eventually however, feigning hard work was set to become actual work as he was able to escape the office and sneak away down to an alleyway where he took on the form of a crow and took to the sky. He normally wouldn't risk shapeshifting so close to the Meta Force's headquarters but he had important things to do.

It wasn't long before Giron, still wearing the guise of the black-feathered bird, arrived on the outskirts of his destination - Zephyr Forest in the Outlands.Giron had been to the area before interestingly enough, the thick foliage was vaguely reminiscent of his home and whilst he had gotten used to living on Earth, sometimes he felt the need to be surrounded by walls of lush green again instead of bricks and plaster. Giron landed and without hesitation returned to his natural state in all of his big, lizardy glory. The place was just as it always was, a calm and familiar forest… well minus the surly looking guy sitting in a tree.

The man sighed at the appearance of the alien, apparently having been warned about Giron's obliviousness. He couldn't help but wonder if a trial involving wit was really the way to go for Giron, but here he was.
"Hello!" Giron chirped enthusiastically "I'm Gi-" he was cut-off by the man tossing what seemed like a metalic glove to Giron.
"Oh cool!" Giron said excitedly "Is this like the communicator amanda gave me? It will change with me right?" How does it work?"
"Put it on."
"Bu-"
"Just do it." the man in the tree grunted. Giron shrugged and obeyed without any further hesitation, and suddenly there was a flash of bright blue light.

Giron blinked several times as his eyes adjusted to his new surroundings for he was no longer standing in a green grove but in the middle of what seemed to be a vast stone labyrinth.
"This isn't really what I had in mind." Giron said, surprised. He wondered what exactly he was meant to do. "Am I supposed to make it to the end?"
"Not exactly." a new voice answered from behind him "it's the end for you regardless of where you are." Giron turned to face this new appearance. Before him stood a short and slender but muscular man in what seemed to be a green diving suit with black, hooded body armour over the top. His hands and feet were covered by black gloves and boots and on his face he wore a mask over his mouth. Giron recognised him, but was unable to place exactly from where. He didn't get much time to consider that issue either however, as the man rushed forward.

Giron gave in to his immediate reflex, to change his shape to something smaller and harder to hit. However, Giron did not become a ferret as he originally intended. In fact, he didn't change at all. So instead of this strange enemy comically missing a small furry animal, instead Giron took a sharp kick to his throat and stumbled back coughing and spluttering in time to take several punches to his soft gut and have his legs swept out from under him, causing him to hit the floor hard.
"Are you with the resistance?!" he yelled "I'm on your side!"
"Shut up and die!" the masked attacker replied, stomping hard on Girons belly. The alien tried to change his shape again, but found that again he was unable to assume a more convenient form.
What is going on?! he screamed in his head. Not only was Giron unable to change form, but he was fighting an opponent that seemed to know exactly where to hit his natural body to do the most damage. He could take hits quite easily on his limbs, take, back and even his head thanks to the hard scales covering his body, but his underbelly and throat were free of scales and covered only in soft skin. His attacker was going to enjoy taking advantage of that it seemed.

Giron whipped his tail to knock his foe off balance, then leapt to his feet and sprinted down the maze, making random and erratic turns to try and distance himself from the attacker. However, this didn't work as planned as the masked man suddenly burst through the wall as though it were not there… literally running through it as though it was air, leaving a perfectly normal wall intact behind him.
"What!?" Giron exclaimed, just in time to take a boot to the face.There was no time to collect his thoughts either, as his assailant had disappeared through the next wall.

Slowly, Giron crept forwards - constantly looking to his sides or over his shoulder. He wasn't sure what he should do, nor where the man would come from next. Although he soon enough had an answer as, as Giron was looking behind him, the man ran through the wall directly ahead and delivered another brutal series of strikes before disappearing again.

Giron didn't move this time, he put his back to the dead end ahead of him - figuring that was the least likely place an attack would come from since that was where the last one had hit him from.
"Think" he muttered to himself "What can I do about this? I don't have my shapeshifting, so what do I have? I can run and jump, I have teeth and claws and a tail and I can think. I'm stronger than him and faster than him. That's why he's doing this. He doesn't want me to be able to fight back."

Giron smiled a bit at that, it seemed he wasn't in as hopeless a situation as he'd assumed. He felt naked without his shapeshifting, he felt powerless. The fact remained though, that by ordinary human standards he was a walking weapon. He resembled crocodiles more than human beings after all.
"So he can move through walls." Giron continued "He can probably pass through me too. He won't though, because he has to hit me. I won't be able to hold onto him though. I see."

It was at that moment that an attack came from the last place Giron expected, from behind him, the man launched another assault. The strike didn't do too much damage, Giron's scaled back was not the best place to attack, but it caught him by surprise and allowed the villain to get several more hits in before dashing through another wall. He didn't give Giron a reprieve however, as he came straight back through the same wall, surprising the alien again. This time though, he bit off more than he expected. Giron noticed the incoming attack and delivered a punch to the man's face, shattering his mask and sending him stumbling right back through the wall.
"Can't stop me doing that if you're trying to hit me in the first place." Giron said, realising that he would have to adopt the uncomfortable role of the hunter to pass his trial.

The scent of his targets blood fresh in his nose, he leapt to the top of the wall the man had fled through and saw him a few passages ahead. Giron didn't need to move through walls to catch him however. His species as built for jumping and climbing so he put that natural skill to work and vaulted from the tops of walls in pursuit. In moments, Giron was leaping from the top of the structure onto his target. The man faded through Giron, but this was expected. Giron landed behind the man, but struck out with his tail, striking him in the side of head and probably rendering him unconscious.

Giron turned, expecting to see the man limp on the ground but let out a gasp. Instead what he saw was robot, on the ground and twitching uncontrollably. Then, there was a flash and Giron was back in the comfortable forest with the surly looking Resistance man.
"The simplest solution is usually the right one. You pass."​

Back