• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your worst Pokemon move?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
As for useless, I would nominate Mud/Water sport. They like, don't do anything? For Water sport, most of the time Wter resists Fire anyway, so there isn't a reason to use it. I think there was a Grass mon who can learn it, but I forgot and you probably won't be sending in type diadvantage anyway. And of course, for Mud, Ground already is immune to Electric.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Quash! Silly name and almost completely useless
wow I have never even heard of that lol. that does seem completely worthless ahah.

it's amazing to me just how many moves there are at this point. I don't think I can remember half of them at any given time, and there are a ton of really strange ones I've never even seen used in battle ever.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Oh and I just remembered Slam. 75 accuracy, really? That makes it outclassed by literally every normal attack. I think it shouldn't have been made.

Years
Focus Blast seems to miss a lot more than it should.

It has a 70% accuracy rate but it only seems to hit 20% of the time.

Well, it is infamously nicknamed "Focus Miss" for a reason. It's like Game Freak always screws some moves over when the player uses it, yet the opponent always hits with it.

Years
Well, it is infamously nicknamed "Focus Miss" for a reason. It's like Game Freak always screws some moves over when the player uses it, yet the opponent always hits with it.

That's just like being confused.

Your opponents always seems to get you confused, and your Pokemon always hit themselves. But when you inflict confusion, they either snap out of it quickly or they always land a move.

Years
Ever since I battled that trainer with all the Oricorio forms at Poni Wilds yesterday in Moon (as well as Kahili of the Elite Four), I have gained a hatred of the move Teeter Dance.

This is because confusion is the one status that always goes against me, and seeing a Pokemon spam this move makes it extremely rage-inducing. I couldn't stand that dancer and her Focus Sash-carrying, Teeter Dance-spamming Oricorio team.

P.S.: I don't hate Oricorio in general

Fawful_X

Monster-hunting Red Mage
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 2, 2018
Constrict.

While Water and Mud Sport have a (highly situational) effect, all Constrict has is 10 BP and a 10% chance to reduce speed. Why not just use Wrap, since that has MORE BP than Constrict and an effect that barely ever procs?

Years
This may seem a bit out of nowhere, but I think Hypnosis is kinda useless. Ever since its nerf which decreased its accuracy in Gen... IV I think? Your chances of hitting a successful Hypnosis is slightly (as far as Pokemon is concerned, anyway) over half. Focus Blast and Stone Edge, moves which have a laughable historic track record of missing 90% of the time, have more of a chance of hitting than Hypnosis, which shows how sad it is.

Hypnosis did have a respectable 70 accuracy... but only in Diamond & Pearl. Every other game it has always been at 55, although it is crazy to think that it's now more accurate than Dark Void of all moves as of Sun & Moon. Poor Darkrai will now forever be laughed at.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
"Helping Hand" is one of my least favorite moves in the franchise. Besides the fact that it only works in multi-battles, every time I've tried to look up how the move works and what it exactly does, I've never been able to get a clear answer. Helping Hand is a move I always avoid, and I can't think of a single time where I have ever been threatened or in trouble because of the use of a Helping Hand.

For all of you who are saying that "Stockpile" and "Swallow" are bad moves, here's what I want you to do. Go build a wall "Swalot", give him a move pool of Toxic, Venoshock, Stockpile, and Swallow.
That combination taught me that Stockpile and Swallow are awesome moves when used together on a wall pokemon. I will admit though that Spit Up is pretty much useless, but the other two moves are fantastic.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I forget several mentions
Fire Blast, Thunder, Blizzard and Focus Blast; these moves have high base power, but awful accuracy most of time you'll land the attack and often times misses, but Thunder during heavy rain can be effective this goes to Blizzard during hail as these two would ignore evasion or accuracy when used on perspective weather ; this also applies to former variation

About time I want to list Focus Punch just because it have raw power, but if only opponent did not use any damaging moves otherwise it completely waste of turn unless you setup with sleep or paralyze

All -Pledges moves it literally works well on double/triple battle as single battle isn't worth it

Years
All -Pledges moves it literally works well on double/triple battle as single battle isn't worth it

These starter-exclusive Pledge moves may have been bad in their debut, but from 6th Gen onwards they did get a power boost from 60 to a very respectable 90, meaning they can actually get your starter by until you get more reliable moves like Flamethrower, Surf or Leaf Blade/Energy Ball.

In OR/AS, the Mudkip line doesn't get many Water-type moves by level-up, so having the Pledge moves available in Mauville City does at least help it hold up until you get Surf.

So basically, Pledge moves aren't entirely useless.

Back