• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

Years
This is really amazing and I really would like to use it.
However, it changes the sprite positions and you can barely even see the back sprites.
How do I return the sprite positions back to normal.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 27, 2015
Awesome work, i have been testing it for a pair of days. Just have 1 error that i don't know how to solve. It will be awesome if someone can give me advice about how to fix this:
Code:
Script error within event 8, map 14 (Centro Pokemon):

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: Section137:2392:in `pbSelectBoxInternal'undefined method `>=' for [39]:Array

***Full script:

pbPokeCenterPC

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

PScreen_Storage:2384:in `loop'

PScreen_Storage:2432:in `pbSelectBoxInternal'

PScreen_Storage:2442:in `pbSelectBox'

PScreen_Storage:2440:in `loop'

PScreen_Storage:2462:in `pbSelectBox'

PScreen_Storage:583:in `pbStartScreen'

PScreen_Storage:582:in `loop'

PScreen_Storage:667:in `pbStartScreen'

PScreen_Storage:3106:in `access'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'
Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:193:in `update'
Interpreter:106:in `loop'
Interpreter:198:in `update'
Scene_Map:103:in `update_rmxos_later'
Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
Scene_Map:114:in `update_rmxos_later'
Function:3758:in `update'
Scene_Map:68:in `main_rmxos_later'
Scene_Map:65:in `loop'
Scene_Map:72:in `main_rmxos_later'
Function:3741:in `main'
Main:47
I'm having this error while trying to use Someone's PC event , Character's Pc works fine.
I'm using rmxos system with this but i used other clean installation and same error happens.
Thank you guys for the help in advance.

Well for those who have the same problem as me this script works fine as PScene_storage.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2016
I have used this in conjunction with Luka S.J's Elite Battle and nearly everything works fine, except that the pokedex entries consists of nothing but a single part of the PNG; where would I start in making the entries 'animate' as it were? Could someone give me an example so I don't charge in blindly?

Years
I have used this in conjunction with Luka S.J's Elite Battle and nearly everything works fine, except that the pokedex entries consists of nothing but a single part of the PNG; where would I start in making the entries 'animate' as it were? Could someone give me an example so I don't charge in blindly?

You have to make the sprites actually update. Since there previously wasn't a reason, this wasn't already done.
Code:
for sprite in @sprites; sprite.update; end

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2016
Thank you very much for that; I've managed to fix it following that~

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 25, 2021
Fairy moves dont work

Whenever I use a fairy type move, against any type, this error is returned. My game doesnt crash but the move just doesnt do anything. It is like my turn just got skipped. Any idea what could be doing it?
Spoiler:

Delusions of Originality

good night, sleep tight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
I'm not the greatest with RGSS myself, but I believe that error is basically saying that the script is trying to do math with something that's not a number while determining type effectiveness. The trouble is, fairy-type moves work just fine in the unmodified Gen 6 kit, so under normal circumstances that clearly shouldn't be a problem. You or some script you're using must have changed something. What other scripts are you using? What changes have you yourself made to the code or the PBS files? Have you added or edited any moves? Are you sure this problem doesn't happen with any other types of moves? Have you made any changes to types.txt that might have messed with fairy's type effectiveness? (Maybe there's a typo somewhere in that file?)

In general, you should make a habit of mentioning any edits you may have made and everything you've already tried when you ask for help with an error. Sometimes it's possible to see exactly what's causing a problem based on the error message you get, but a lot of the time it's not that clear. Understanding other changes that may have affected your issue is a big help in figuring out what went wrong. (Even if it turns out you haven't changed anything, it helps to know that ahead of time, too.)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2017
Hello. I tested out the Scripts and I really enjoy the new functions and the added Gen-VI stuff.
The only problem I have are the positions of the Pokémon during the battle, as I wish to use sprites and the enemy battler is floating while the Pokémon on my side is way too low. I tried out a few things here and there, but as I am not really the best when it comes to scripts it just didn´t work.
Is there any way for me to revert the positions of the Pokémon to back how it was in Pokémon Essentials?

EDIT: Nevermind, I solved this problem by editing Scene_Constants.
I feel kinda dumb now, because that was a somewhat obvious solution.
Anyway, I´ll just copy the values here into the spoiler. I´m not sure if it´s 100% like
in Essentials, but it looks better than having floating sprites. Then again, it depends on
the game and your sprites. I also went to the editor and reset all the sprite positions before I
did that, but I´m not sure if this is relevant to this.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
Error when entering a battle

I keep getting this error whenever I enter a wild battle, can anyone tell me what script might be causing this? (I am using elite battle system)

---------------------------
Pokemon Solar Version
Exception: NameError

Message: undefined local variable or method `poke' for nil:NilClass

PField_EncounterModifiers:50

PField_EncounterModifiers:43:in `call'

Event:54:in `trigger'

Event:49:in `each'

Event:49:in `trigger'

PField_Field:940:in `pbGenerateWildPokemon'

PField_Field:967:in `pbWildBattle'

PField_Field:1437:in `pbBattleOnStepTaken'

PField_Field:1461:in `pbOnStepTaken'

Game_Player:484:in `update_old'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Bart\Saved Games/Pokemon Solar Version/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Hello. I love the new features, and I'd like to add some of them to my game. However, I have a kinda weird question. I don't want to add all of the gen 6 features present in this thread. All I want is to add the new Pokemon, moves and abilities. However, I cannot simply copy everything, since my game is complete and I've edited most PBS files and some scripts during the development. So my question is: What is the best way to add gen 6 Pokemon, moves and abilities with no/minimal changes to what I already have? What do I have to copy, and where?

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, but it seemed better than making a new thread. Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 1, 2016
Hi guys! I've a question! How can i change the number of boxes? I'm a noob with script and when I try to change the value in "Settings" section the game crash... Near the default code threre is this comment: "# delete the relevant bit of code in the PokemonOptions script section" but i don't know what bit of code i need to delete. Thank you very much in advise! :D

Years
Hello. I love the new features, and I'd like to add some of them to my game. However, I have a kinda weird question. I don't want to add all of the gen 6 features present in this thread. All I want is to add the new Pokemon, moves and abilities. However, I cannot simply copy everything, since my game is complete and I've edited most PBS files and some scripts during the development. So my question is: What is the best way to add gen 6 Pokemon, moves and abilities with no/minimal changes to what I already have? What do I have to copy, and where?

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, but it seemed better than making a new thread. Thanks in advance.

Sadly, the Gen VI pack is so convoluted that it really is a case of "edit the Gen VI pack to have your features" rather than splicing Gen VI code into your existing game.

Adding Gen VI Pokemon should be fairly easy - add an evolution method for Eevee to turn it into Sylveon, then copy Pokemon #650-721 from the Gen VI Pack's pokemon.txt to your own pokemon.txt.

The moves are a little more complicated - most of the effect codes are at the bottom of the Gen VI Pack's script section PBattle_MoveEffects. (Search for the line "# King's Shield" and copy everything below that). Then add the new moves from the Gen VI Pack's moves.txt to your own moves.txt. However, there's code for Freeze Dry and for Flying Press hidden in and amongst the PBattle_Moves script section, in the function "pbTypeModifier" - make sure you get that as well. The Gen VI Pack also uses some new flags on moves (in moves.txt, the bit of each move that looks like a nonsense word like "befh") - things like "can Bulletproof block this move?" or "is this move boosted by Mega Launcher?"

The issue then becomes Gen VI Abilities. Abilities can affect anything in or out of battle, and as such the code for them is scattered everywhere in the Gen VI Pack.

The two things in italics are the main reason I think it's better to copy your game's new code into a fresh copy of the Gen VI Pack.

Years
Hi guys! I've a question! How can i change the number of boxes? I'm a noob with script and when I try to change the value in "Settings" section the game crash... Near the default code threre is this comment: "# delete the relevant bit of code in the PokemonOptions script section" but i don't know what bit of code i need to delete. Thank you very much in advise! :D

That comment is actually referring to the ability to remove the player's option to change the screen size, so doesn't actually affect the number of storage boxes at all.

Find this line of code in the settings script:
Code:
#===============================================================================
# * The name of the person who created the Pokémon storage system.
# * The number of boxes in Pokémon storage.
#===============================================================================
def pbStorageCreator
  return _INTL("Emmerson")
end
[COLOR="Red"]STORAGEBOXES = 30[/COLOR]

You want to change the number.

Note that after making this change, it won't take effect until you start a new save file

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Sadly, the Gen VI pack is so convoluted that it really is a case of "edit the Gen VI pack to have your features" rather than splicing Gen VI code into your existing game.

Adding Gen VI Pokemon should be fairly easy - add an evolution method for Eevee to turn it into Sylveon, then copy Pokemon #650-721 from the Gen VI Pack's pokemon.txt to your own pokemon.txt.

The moves are a little more complicated - most of the effect codes are at the bottom of the Gen VI Pack's script section PBattle_MoveEffects. (Search for the line "# King's Shield" and copy everything below that). Then add the new moves from the Gen VI Pack's moves.txt to your own moves.txt. However, there's code for Freeze Dry and for Flying Press hidden in and amongst the PBattle_Moves script section, in the function "pbTypeModifier" - make sure you get that as well. The Gen VI Pack also uses some new flags on moves (in moves.txt, the bit of each move that looks like a nonsense word like "befh") - things like "can Bulletproof block this move?" or "is this move boosted by Mega Launcher?"

The issue then becomes Gen VI Abilities. Abilities can affect anything in or out of battle, and as such the code for them is scattered everywhere in the Gen VI Pack.

The two things in italics are the main reason I think it's better to copy your game's new code into a fresh copy of the Gen VI Pack.
Thank you for your reply, it has been really helpful :) I had to copy all scripts except PokemonItemEffects, since I didn't add any items from the pack, and I did a lot of editing to that script prior adding gen VI.

Also, again, thanks to everyone who worked on this. It's awesome :)

cRaCkZ

Well...
Years
GifConvert Help

Hey PC :) .
So about 2 months is started my own RMXP Project using Mej71 Gen6 kit (And his Awesome sprites too).
My question is :
HOW TO USE GIFCONVERT FROM ESSENTIALS FOLDER?
I wanna use it to convert a female Frillish into PNG frames (like the sprites in kit)

I made a Root Folder and drag the sprites on the GifConverter ..and it opened an window like in first Photo Attachement.
I waited few minutes . After that i pressed ENTER and the converter was closed.

After that i check my sprites and they became like in second Photo Attachement.

EDIT: Thanks for moving my post, i didn't know GifConvert is part of Mej's kit!

Attachments

• GOGO.PNG
    GOGO.PNG
    9.2 KB · Views: 11
  • GOGOGO.PNG
    GOGOGO.PNG
    34.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 6, 2017
Error when enemy Regirock uses curse

Code:
Pokémon Paragon
Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `hasBypassingAbility' for false:FalseClass

PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:774:in `pbIncreaseStatBasic'

PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:836:in `pbIncreaseStat'

PokeBattle_MoveEffects:7177:in `pbEffect'

PokeBattle_Battler:3466:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:3465:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battler:3465:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:3709:in `pbProcessTurn'

PokeBattle_Battler:3708:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battler:3708:in `pbProcessTurn'

PokeBattle_Battle:3105:in `pbAttackPhase'

This exception was logged in 

C:\Users\Tyler\Saved Games/Pokémon Paragon/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK   

As I said, this error appears when an enemy Regirock uses curse. I have EBS and Gen VI.

Sir_Tman

Overworked game Dev
Years
Is this constant or is it a now and agian thing?

Because in my game I sometimes get errors pop up but the battle can continue. Then later I stamp them out.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 6, 2017
Is this constant or is it a now and agian thing?

Because in my game I sometimes get errors pop up but the battle can continue. Then later I stamp them out.

It happens every time, but I can close the error and continue the battle.

Back