• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gamer Obscurea; Games in Hiding

Years
This nothing more but a list of games people may have never heard before; games that we're pushed out of the lime-light during the time of their release. The games I'm including have been released and are still up for grabs, so here goes something.

With this topic growing, I decided to just edit my criteriea of what games I would look for and post about to anyone new reading this thread. Noone posting other gems needs to 'follow' this criterea, but it's something I think would make hunting a 'little' easier.
~ The game I post here are older than 5 month's
~ The game has to be 'completed,' no 1/2 measures or any indies doing pre-alpha; Can't be an underrated gem unless it's done and if I'm going to shed light on some of these games, there are probably people who will hunt them down. I would rather players play something that is finished and not full of bugs and glitches to a point where it may not be played... I mean, come on.
~ The games have to be fun or have some form of fun factor; you want 'terrible' games? You got the "Angry Video Game Nerd," Projared and a large chunk of youtube to give you that. They practically feed on that, though that's their job. That's how they get their views and commercial endorsements and I won't blame them.
~ The game has to be physically available in some form, As in, the game has to be released fully on something like a GBC cartridge, Disk or some form of DRM free setup over Steam, Gog, etc. Vague rumors do not apply.

ROBOPON-
I have already talked about Robopon to death in my previous topics in this forum section; mostly because it's my favorite series beside pokemon that got shot down repeatedly and had it's corpse riddled with bullets, so I'll keep it short. Basicly, you would start off with a cute robotic pal called a robopon, battled other robopon, caught them with magnets and could scrap them to build even better robopon. You could customize the hell out of their moves and powers and its GBC cartridge Save Battery is the only thing that can stand the test of time because you can change the battery out, even the game can recognize this and stay on to keep your save file intact while you change the battery! It's pretty innovative at the time this was released! Still, the series was buried by Pokemon and Digimon, but it still requires a play through and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

StarCraft; THE LOST EXPANSIONS

Ok, any big fans of the original Starcraft here? Yeah? Ok, you played through the brood war? Sweet, ok, What about Insurrection or Retribution? Not Even Stellar Forces? HA!

Seriously though, before the broodwar, there were about 3 other expansions to help extend the original starcrafts lifespan. Two of them were official releases Blizzard commissioned to be published while the 3rd was an unofficial release, trying to piggy back off blizzards success.

The first 2, Insurrection and Retribution, were developed by Aerotek, with Blizzards blessing. Both of these expansion packs take place before the brood war. Though you could probably cheat the packs by playing the games under the broodwar expansion, which I've done, it's still a fun ride and expands further out on the Starcraft universe.

The Stellar Forcespack I have yet to play, but is an unofficial pack developed by Micro Star, who developed an unofficial Diablo expansion. It's still a blast to play through so I suggest to check it out as well.

Solatorobo
823a2b82-ad63-4300-a57d-3a53eb20a597_1.7ca96b9825716209ed9d311db7b655bc.jpeg

Solatorobo is on of those DS games buried with the Jrpg crowd, though it's something worth playing through. Is it a game full of furries? Yes. Is it fun? Aslo yes. Is the game world acceptable? ITS F****** BEAUTIFUL! Floating islands, airship battles, mech battles, It's the kind of world I wouldn't mind living in if given the choice to live in a game world for a day. Your main method of fighting in Solatorobo is more or less picking up your opponent and throwing them into the ground or into each other, but the game mechanic feels fluent and the other side quests, plus the small mini-games added make the game a lot more worthwhile to keep playing. I highly recommend tracking down the copy by any means necessary.

Scope out any youtube vids if you can find it or watch a let's play, graphic abilities of the DS aside, their world is ******* beautiful.

FUR FIGHTERS - coming soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

pkmin3033

Zettai Hero Project: Absolute Victory Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman is the most criminally unnoticed title I have ever played. Just the name alone should get it on the radar, but even amongst NISA's fandom hardly anyone has heard of it. They did a spectacular job with the localisation, it's ridiculous addicting and tough-as-nails gameplay that easily rivals Disgaea for complexity and depth, and it's absolutely hilarious even if you're not a 90s kid who grew up on superhero shows. I mean, just look at the debut trailer. I have no idea how this one slipped under the radar the way it did, it's pure gold. It had me laughing in delight from start to finish, and I'd love to play it again either on Steam or remastered on Vita/PS4, as it so richly deserves.

The follow-ups, The Guided Fate Paradox and The Awakened Fate Ultimatum, were similarly ignored for no good reason. Well, the latter wasn't quite as good as the former, but these games were easily some of NISA's finest from the last generation. And this is putting them up against the likes of Disgaea 4.

...there are others. I will get to them. But ZHP deserves a post all to itself.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
My post is going to be filled with mostly some of the more "EDGY" or "Mature content" related games because if you all know be by now, I love me my dose of sweet delicious Ultraviolence, ESPECIALLY OBSCURE AND HIDDEN ULTRA VIOLENCE!

Manhunt 1 and Manhunt 2 for PC: Yep, Rockstar's most notorious game series that made headlines as the PS2 titles, but some of you may not be aware that both games actually had PC ports, with Manhunt 2's PC Port being one of the rarer things to find nowadays. Though Manhunt 1 is readily available on Steam.

Okay, they may not be obscure titles, but again, Manhunt's PC ports are some of the rarer ones out there. Manhunt 1 is on Steam, while as for Manhunt 2, good luck finding one.

wiIn7mV.png

The Mark of Kri (PS2) is an 2002 3rd person action-adventure game developed by SCE San Diego Studio and published by Sony Computer Entertainment in North America and Europe and Capcom in Japan. Ohh my Christ! This is one of those PS2 games that I have accidentally stumbled upon, mainly since the guy who i bought the PS2 with years and years ago also gave me a couple of games with it. He was that kind. Anyway, Mark of Kri was something that came along and I didn't have any expectations for this game because I never heard of it. I wasn't able to read about it on the magazines, and during those times we bought our PS2, the internet was still a young virgin of a teenager. But what I got was something interesting.

While a lot of games often try to cover as much ethnic diversity as possible, and by mean ethnic diversity, usually its just either American, European, Japanese, Chinese, or Russian culture in terms of visual styles and whatnot, Mark of Kri draws its inspiration from Polynesian art and culture. Now that was already enough to keep me interested. Then i saw that it had Blood and gore on it. I mean, I didn't notice that it had the "Mature" rating on its ESRB, BUT IT DID! and me being a kid that was already quite used with sweet delicious ultraviolence was more than happy to be playing it.

The combat was quite fantastic. Its not any Devil May Cry or God of War, but its simple enough to not feel like a glorified fighting game. And the missions are quite fun, but some levels where quite frustrating when i remember playing them. But then again, this game was released back in 2002, this was still in the area were games were ALLOWED TO BE QUITE CHALLENGING.

As for more obscure titles, FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS BABY! Oh god, so many of these delicious babies do exist.

Lets start first with what i think is missed out by a couple of people:

yJxtFpF.jpg

BLOOD. A first person shooter developed by Monolith Productions and published by GT Interactive, Blood follows the story of Caleb, an undead Gunslinger who is seeking revenge against a dark god. This game features a number of horror and occult themes complete with some good ole fashion blood, extreme violence, and brutal murder with the use of a large arsenal of weapons against a variety of monsters and demons.

Blood is one of those other games that use the "Build" game engine, the same engine that powered the likes of Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior (Classic). But what Blood does better than both Duke and Shadow Warrior is the introduction of very distinct alternate fire modes for weapons other than the greatly expanded level design. Blood is one of the earliest first person shooters that feature alternate fire modes for almost all weapons, whereas the games before it only featured one.

While its gameplay may have been VERY MUCH akin to that of Doom and other games within this area of finding keys and killing enemies as you go, as a game, what Blood offers is something i found unique with its liberal use of the occult, horror, and graphic violence. There is almost no sign of political correctness when it comes to the portrayal of EXTREEEEEEEEME graphic violence and BLOOOOOOOOOOOD that this game shows. It has a lot of jokes, tributes, and affectionate call outs to both horror and occult culture, and while some people may find that offensive, remember folks, this game was made during an era where basically ANYTHING F***king goes, meaning that people, both gamers and non-gamers were far more stable than what they are compared to today.

Blood is readily available on Steam and while you may need DOSBOX for it to run, as what steam usually does, Do not worry. There exist sourceports that would help run the game in more modern operating systems and without having to deal with the usually crappy DOSBOX emulation.

3dO16ae.jpg

Shogo: Mobile Armor Division: Powered by the LithTech 3D engine, Monolith's Shogo: Mobile Armor Division puts the player on foot or in a giant mech and switches between first and third person views. So yeah, what makes this game quite unique is that unlike most other first person shooters where you usually play as a person and on foot, this game puts your eyes and camera motions into the "eyes" of a MECH! and unlike MechSims like in MechWarrior, controlling the lead protagonist's mecha is essentially the same as that of playing any first person shooter. Oh and before i go on, this game was made by Monolith. The same group that made the FAN-F**king-TASTIC F.E.A.R game. Oh and also the game previously mentioned above (Blood).

This game takes many influences from Anime of its time, from the art style, the story, and even much of the combat. Again, MECHA COMBAT! However, this game didn't get much attention since it was released at the time the original half-life became a hit and took over that generation. So Shogo never had time to shine, yet this game had a lot to offer, including multiple endings, which was a rarity in most first person shooters.

Last edited:
Years
Out of whats posted, I bought into Blood, Shogo to try them out and plan to try ZHP on my own through emulation.
This is a pretty spiffy list so far. :)

Yukari

Okay, they may not be obscure titles, but again, Manhunt's PC ports are some of the rarer ones out there. Manhunt 1 is on Steam, while as for Manhunt 2, good luck finding one.

If you live in the US it's easy to get your hands on Manhunt 2 through Amazon.

Years
If I were to start a youtube channel + Steam group dedicated to the criminally neglected titles like Manhunt, Mark of Kri, Robopon, Solatorobo, ZHP and/or The Awakened Fate Series; would anyone here be willing to watch/subscribe?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I would. I love material that covers criminally neglected and obscure games because hearing opinions on those games are helpful in keeping things fresh within the gaming community as well as the raising of awareness to great gems, especially the titles by Monolith productions who i feel is like a hidden gem of a company in itself, but when it comes to producing First person shooters, Monolith is already on a god-tier level.

Manhunt for most of the part, was never really that neglected, heck it was a controversial raiser. But the PC ports are the more like obscure ones since i think most people played Manhunt via the PS2, where it became quite famous but I didn't know anyone who owned the PC versions.

Mark of Kri, as i mentioned before, is a game that people should definitely check out. Its so obscure that youtube content for it is so low, not even the great music of the game is in the internet for people to hear. And its a dang shame.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Some more from me now that I've had time to think on it:

Trinity Universe is a game that was quite obscure, although I think that was by circumstance. Cross Edge was absolutely bloody awful, and it was lambasted to hell and back for it. Trinity Universe was another crossover game, so it was probably largely ignored because of that, but it was a crossover game done right. The combat was much more engaging, it was far more colourful, the voice acting wasn't a complete nightmare, that it offered two story paths made it a much bigger and more interesting game. Too bad nobody ever gave it a chance =/

Resonance of Fate never got the same kind of exposure that NieR did either. In the wake of Final Fantasy XIII it went completely ignored, and those who did try it were put off by the difficulty curve, which wasn't so much a curve as it was a sheer cliff wall at a couple of points. I HAVE met some people who have played RoF, so it might not be quite as obscure as others, but it never seems to get mentioned, and it was one of the better RPGs of the last generation in my opinion.

Ooooh, here's a fun one I was going to bring up in the Warriors thread - and will at some point - but will bring up here because it's more relevant: Mystic Heroes. Hardly any Warriors fans have even heard of this one! It was a lot shorter and more cartoony than the Dynasty Warriors games on the PS2 - which is probably why it went largely unnoticed - and didn't have much in the way of replay value, but it was a pretty fun little game at points.

Ninety-Nine Nights and its sequel would classify as obscure, too...the sequel especially, considering the first wasn't considered one of the Xbox360's best games. Even though it was an amazing stage-based hack-and-slash with a nice cast of characters and a passable story. The second game left a lot to be desired. But it doesn't get much more obscure than these two.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
The best part about PC obscure games is that its actually possible to play them should they are available, and your machine is capabile of playing both modern, slightly old, to even Pre Windows 7 games.

I hope thread likes EVEN MORE FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS, because I've giving EVEN MOAR! And to tell the truth, Overlooked AND Obscure FPS games are quite easy to pinpoint considering how a massively popular FPS game of a certain time or generation is quite responsible for other games of the same genre to be overlooked by the masses, which are often quite good, heck sometimes even better choices than what was popular. For example, Shogo being a game with so much potential being missed out because everyone wanted to play Half-Life during its time.

So, now while you guys are probably enjoying your Counter Strike: Global offensives, Overwatches, Battleborns, call of duties, and probably your something else, why don't we sit back, take some notes with your notepads, and let me share even more titles that everyone should check out. If you are playing some DOOM 2016, then you are real men and women and a sexual tyrannosaur (like me), but still.

VD0aOCZ.jpg

PREY 1 (2006) - Oh yeah, because I like to dedicate my mentioning of this game in honor of the cancelled Prey 2, and the revived thing looking more like some Doom 3 esque game than the awesome booty hunting bounty hunting game that the original Prey 2 (and the original game) is. Be very careful though, this is one of the rarer games to find today.

hWTEcYp.jpg
BKzv65J.jpg

The Chronicles of Riddick Butcher Bay AND Assault on Dark Athena: MOVIE LICENSED VIDEO GAMES! BUT THESE GAMES ARE SUPPOSEDLY BAD!!! AND THEY ARE FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS, WHAT ARE THESE GAMES GOING TO BE? SOME LAZY CALL OF DUTY CLONES? oVo now hold on your inner AngryJoe's people, not all movie licensed games are bad. These two games are examples of movie licensed video games that actually end up being good, and its some first person shooter games that have mother f**king VIN DIESEL! These games are a good mix of your story based first person shooter and some stealth based gameplay to help mix things up. Both games are actually critically acclaimed ones, a rare sight to see in the world of movie licensed video games. Oh and as bonus, both these games can be quite violent, which is a huge bonus because remember kids, graphic violence is okay as long as its in video game form, and we all know that its some delicious icing in any shootin game ^_^, ESPECIALLY IF ITS VIN DIESEL games.

XpyWqpb.png

Star Wars: Republic Commando: This is a game that i simply want to play again since its one of the best uses of the Star Wars license AND its one of the few ones that do not involve any Jedi in the gameplay, which is okay because Star Wars can be good without any Jedis from time to time. I didn't want to mention Star Wars Dark Forces (the original one) because i feel that game is already a cult hit in the underground gaming world, but this beauty right here? Definitely something that needs to be checked out by both Star Wars fans and First person shooter fans, especially the ones looking for a more mindful and less of the whole Doom style lone wolf ramboing like Dark Forces 1 was. This one is a squad based tactical First person shooter that puts players in the eyes, arms, and camera motions of an Elite Clone trooper squad leader and his fateful team. The great part about this is that despite being with CLONE TROOPERS, each clone trooper squad mate has their own personality and traits that will make you players feel closer to them, and you will need to work with them properly in order to progress through the game.

Years
Fur_Fighters_Coverart.png

FUR FIGHTERS
PC, PS2, iOS, Dreamcast
This is a shooter I grew up with; played through and had some good times with, though, like the rest of the dreamcast library; it was buried 8 feet under into the magma where mordor would form after a couple of fallouts bring forth magic, elves and dwarfs into our world!... Which is why I'm going to discuss it here and in the Gamer Obscurea Steam Group; along with Shogo or Blood when I finish it. Fur Fighters was a 3rd Person shooter with cartoony graphics, little blood and full of furries. These furries though had special abilities that only they could use in the single player campaign and in the multiplayer campaigns. Like the cat could climb walls, the dog could dig into dirt mounds to make quick escapes, the dragon could glide; all sorts of handy little abilities.... Sort of like Overwatch/Team Fortress 2, but not really Overwatch/Team Fortress 2. Still the game is a fun playthrough if you got the time and it does entertain some. Though when it comes to ports; it depends really on your preference. I've had trouble getting a physical copies of the Dreamcast port, but I had tremendous luck getting both the PS2 and PC copies. If you can handle Softpaw controls(Left stick to aim, Right stick to move), PS2 is a definite must; mostly because the textures are updated, voice clips play at a better quality, Supports local play and LAN. If you can't handle Softpaw at all and die easily using it, like I have; it's better to track down the PC version and use the good old fashion Mouse + Keyboard. The quality takes a dip, but only because the PC port was developed before the PS2. (And before anyone says that I can swap the sticks VIA options in the game, I did. Though the controls are forcibly clunky and don't move as fluent as the original mode the developers put it on. I'm about to emulate it if this gets worse.) This game DOES resurface, but is still buried, re-released on the iOS. I don't own any apple products so I don't know if it's any good or not.

Two_Worlds_II.jpg

Two Worlds Series
PC, PS3, XBOX360
This is a criminally underrated title. A massive world to explore, a simple to follow combat system and it has never been more fun to be a mage since Lichdom.....which will get it's own Gamer Obscurea Post, but for now, I'll focus on this gem. Reality Pump Games is a developer who knows when they make a mistake and make attempts to correct those mistakes. I own both Two World games I and II; played through them and got past the rough exterior to its charm. The first one is disastrous; the graphics are a step up from Morrowind, but the voice acting and the models are just horrendous! The only things that save this game from the flame are the co-op missions and the game play. The voice acting sounds (and more likely was) like it was done by the developers themselves... Still the game is playable, a basic hack and slash RPG with skills to acquire and quests to do. The second Two Worlds, shows that the developers are listening and correcting their mistakes. The second release, they brought in a wide cast of voice actors to do the voice acting work, re-vamped archery, melee combat and a magic system that is incredibly diverse. How diverse is it? You have to read the in-game lore to learn about certain spell mods to create your own magic spells, such as being able to summon multiple boulders that surround the caster, doing damage + protecting the caster from arrows while shooting those boulders everywhere when the spell ends. Creating a shield of lighting that when you get physically attacked, it will send out lighting shocks and so on. It's just incredibly diverse, there are limitations, but it's very wide spread and worth trying out when you get a small ways in. Co-Op mode is still a thing in the second game with it's own seperate missions, but you can bring your own story characters back and forth between single player and the multi-player, which is kinda fun.

Years
250px-Lichdom_Battlemage_cover_art.jpg

Lichdom

PC, PS4, XboxOne

I've been posting family friendly....-ish titles and such, but I haven't posted anything up there for the rest of the mature crowd.... mostly because I can't name as many as Xin ZhaoYun nor have I played as many until I get around to finishing a few videos to kickstart the youtube channel discussing the abandoned games.

I will introduce, however, a game I played through and enjoyed Lichdom.

Aside from playing through Two worlds 2 as a mage, in Lichdom, you are a mage - with no mana bar! You forge spells by killing enemies, gather materials and creating spells to fight even bigger enemies. All you need to do is make your spells, equip them and go kill, kill, kill. This is a game I'm going to have to re-download this title over my steam account just to give it another go, as I've never beat it, but playing it's never been a bad time to be a badass mage with spells that never stop coming.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Area_51.jpg

Area 51 (2005)
A science fiction First person shooter developed by Midway Studious Austin and published by Midway for the PS2, Xbox Classic, and PC. The game is a loose remake of the Area 51 rail shooter game and is followed by BlackSite: Area 51. The story centers around on Ethan Cole, a HAZMAT operative sent to the Area 51 base to assist in the cleanup of a mutagenic virus.

I've heard talks about this game before but only through the said follow up title "BlackSite: Area 51", and considering that I love aliens, First person shooting, and government conspiracies, I found some love in this game. The interesting thing about this game is that for a 2005 game, this one is quite ahead of its time with many gameplay elements that are highly reminiscent of modern first person shooters such as cinematic sequences, AI controlled teammates, dual wielding, quick weapon melee clubbing ala Halo, all that good stuff. This game also features a rather decent enemy beastiary where you fight mutants and highly intelligent aliens the deeper you go into the game. Storywise, the game is interesting. I won't spoil anything though, its best that players should find it out themselves.

Oh and for those wondering, this game has been given the FREEWARE status by none other than the US AIR FORCE! Heck, you can all download the PC version of the game, IN ALL OF ITS GLORY at ModDB right now,

Years
logo-9f95c22a7428265f6c0025514394b25f.png

Nexuiz
PC, Xbox One

Are you into basic First Person Shooters? Are you into Basic First Person shooters where you don't have to worry about skills, builds or where some 5 year old's somehow got the game, hopped onto it and became some for of FPS gods in the levels earned when you fight them 10 years later?

Then Nexuiz is the way to go. It's basically a rough clone of Unreal Tournament brought into the current day and age; though seeing as there hasn't been a new Unreal Tournament since the early days of Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, this is a better substitute for today than what we deal with in other shooters. The creators have multiple servers setup to where players can just play the game as is, a server for custom maps and a server just for modders and people who love to cheat to go bat-**** crazy. It's basic, it's fun, it's worth the $10 price tag.

header.jpg

Nightside
PC

You a fan of Real Time Strategy games? This game is one of those gems swept under the rug because of current titles like Starcraft.... I mean I love Starcraft, but I also have a love for abandoned titles like this.

Your a human being who has crash landed onto an uncharted planet where two aliens races are at war with each other for a precious resource. Until help arrives, you decide to help out the more docile side in winning their war. The planet is completely dark with no natural source of light from a sun or star, all the light on the planets surface is generated from the units you build and the buildings you have constructed; meaning the more troops you have, the further out from a patrol or attack you'll be able to see and stronger you are..... To not go all Kingdom Hearts on this, the stronger your light, the stronger your troops are in numbers.

The music is beautiful for a sci-fi RTS and while the summer sale is going, for $5, it's a good deal and well worth every cent. When the sale is off, it'll be $15, but still worth it in the end.

Years
250px-Magi_Nation_Coverart.png

Magi Nation
GBC

Magi Nation is more than gamer obscurea, it's basically a cult FOLLOWING of obscurea! This was basically another monster capture/training game like pokemon, though the way the fight system was done in just incredibly unique.

Everything in the games battles all comes down to Energy. You spend energy to summon a creature, and the energy spent represents your creatures health. When the creature uses a special move, it needs to use it's own health to perform that move until it's out of energy. You can then re-summon the creature again to fight once more, providing you started recharging your energy while it fought on. Whats more is energy is basically your health, your mana, it's incredibly important; if you hit 0 on energy, it's game over

The story to the game itself; your a blonde haired kid name Tony Jones who recently moves into the neighborhood and attempt to make some friends, though the kids continue tease your characters name. So you decide to take on a dare to go into a cave and retrieve a crystal. When you do, the cave collapses inside and you fall into the moonlands to either fulfill their prophecy of Kyros returning or to simply go home.

The game is a good RPG for it's time it was released and if your looking for a different spin or take on RPG's, I suggest re-visiting this buried gem.

I could go more into what Magi-Nation was, but it's better to google it and research a bit of it yourself..... JUST DON'T GO TO COOKIE JAR ENTERTAINMENT; FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS DECENT, DO NOT GO THERE. They abandon the series like they abandoned several of their other shows and abandoned the card game this cultural icon was based on.

Years
I'm in the progress of creating the set of videos that will go onto youtube.

First one being Magi-Nation;
Though I would like some opinions of which game to do next;
Whether it be bloody, gorey, FPS or Simple and family friendly Mario Clone.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
This nothing more but a list of games people may have never heard before; games that we're pushed out of the lime-light during the time of their release. The games I'm including have been released and are still up for grabs, so here goes something.

ROBOPON-
I have already talked about Robopon to death in my previous topics in this forum section; mostly because it's my favorite series beside pokemon that got shot down repeatedly and had it's corpse riddled with bullets, so I'll keep it short. Basicly, you would start off with a cute robotic pal called a robopon, battled other robopon, caught them with magnets and could scrap them to build even better robopon. You could customize the hell out of their moves and powers and its GBC cartridge Save Battery is the only thing that can stand the test of time because you can change the battery out, even the game can recognize this and stay on to keep your save file intact while you change the battery! It's pretty innovative at the time this was released! Still, the series was buried by Pokemon and Digimon, but it still requires a play through and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

StarCraft; THE LOST EXPANSIONS

Ok, any big fans of the original Starcraft here? Yeah? Ok, you played through the brood war? Sweet, ok, What about Insurrection or Retribution? Not Even Stellar Forces? HA!

Seriously though, before the broodwar, there were about 3 other expansions to help extend the original starcrafts lifespan. Two of them were official releases Blizzard commissioned to be published while the 3rd was an unofficial release, trying to piggy back off blizzards success.

The first 2, Insurrection and Retribution, were developed by Aerotek, with Blizzards blessing. Both of these expansion packs take place before the brood war. Though you could probably cheat the packs by playing the games under the broodwar expansion, which I've done, it's still a fun ride and expands further out on the Starcraft universe.

The Stellar Forcespack I have yet to play, but is an unofficial pack developed by Micro Star, who developed an unofficial Diablo expansion. It's still a blast to play through so I suggest to check it out as well.

Solatorobo
Solatorobo is on of those DS games buried with the Jrpg crowd, though it's something worth playing through. Is it a game full of furries? Yes. Is it fun? Aslo yes. Is the game world acceptable? ITS F****** BEAUTIFUL! Floating islands, airship battles, mech battles, It's the kind of world I wouldn't mind living in if given the choice to live in a game world for a day. Your main method of fighting in Solatorobo is more or less picking up your opponent and throwing them into the ground or into each other, but the game mechanic feels fluent and the other side quests, plus the small mini-games added make the game a lot more worthwhile to keep playing. I highly recommend tracking down the copy by any means necessary.

FUR FIGHTERS - coming soon.
Just look at online games as at http://www.kizi2games.net/ . There's a great amount of them. And i can bet that people don't know about even half of them. That's why there's no point talking about console games or something like that

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Just look at online games as at http://www.kizi2games.net/ . There's a great amount of them. And i can bet that people don't know about even half of them. That's why there's no point talking about console games or something like that

That's both console and PC.

I choose to talk about them, because they're still good games, noone has bothered to look for them and I've seen people complain about the crap we have in TODAY's age.

To top it off, your 'site' is nothing more but a large collection of Flash games, not titles that have effort put behind them..... though I'll admit, there are flash games with a great amount of effort behind them, this site just puls the most generic brand of bland flash games and put's them in one place. They don't even work and Flash is being (sadly) phased out.

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I think i need to thank my youtube hero ggmanlives for helping me find some hidden treasures.

Anyway vault hunters, treasure and pleasure seekers, and some of you whom maybe unemployed, or maybe employed or hopefully not having a stick up their suckhole, we got some controversial games that I've just found out ABOUT NOW.

Most of my entries have been First person shooters because FPS games are always fun to uncover, and the theme right now is some controversial games that we should take up with an open mind and not have a stick up our suckholes and blowholes when we experience them.

Sadly, no box or cover art for these entries as they lack them

Quest for Al-Qa'eda: The Hunt for Bin Laden by Petrilla Entertainment AND Quest for Hussein..

= Ever wanted to play a game where you f hunt down the very terrorist organization that did 9/11 and the mastermind behind it? Then this game may be for you! Developed by Petrilla entertainment, a video game design team lead by Jesse Petrilla (Google this individual to learn more about him and his team). This game is what it is, something that puts you into the boots of a US Marine on the hunt for Bin Laden and the Al-Qa'eda. Its everything in the label.

The game is built from the BUILD engine, the same game engine that Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, and an Early entry in this thread - BLOOD, was based from. The bad thing about this "game" is that much of the assets such as the weapons and animations are taken from Duke 3, which makes the game look really lazy, but it gets the job done by not screwing up what made Duke 3d fun based from that game's controls and physics.

Another follow up to this Petrilla game is Quest for Hussein, which is very similar to Quest for Al-Qae'da except this time this reskin features the US Marine fighting against Iraqis and Saddam. Much like the previous entry, Quest for Hussein is pretty much just a reskin of Duke 3D with some assets taken from Blood as well.

Please to take note that these games were meant to be political satire. Googling Jesse Petrilla would make total sense.

Now here comes a rather confusing thing. There's Quest for Hussein which is basically a Duke 3d reskin, and there's another related game called Quest for Saddam. To simplify the equation, Quest for Saddam is a more "stand alone" game.. not something based from the build engine but on a separate (and still low budget and low tech) game engine...

questforsaddam_pcboxboxart_160w.jpg

Quest for Saddam - 2003.

This is basically a more "modern" version of the Duke 3D reskin "Hussein" since its built on its own game engine and now features fully rendered 3d graphics. Its pretty much the same material as the other Petrilla Entertainment games are, Poltical, fueled by Satire, and of course intentionally bad enemy AI. The highlight for this game, upon reading some sources is that other than it being about killing Saddam Hussein, this game got promoted on news outlets such as CNN, FOX News, and TechTV for what it was.

Okay diverting from First Person Shooters but continuing with the lovely political satire of political beings and even video games in general, here's probably one of my most favorite "BAD" games of all time..

Stalin_vs_Martians_cover.jpg

STALIN VS MARTIANS - by Black Wing Foundation, Dreamlore and N-Game, 2009.

46EC23502B70E626A48F4B266607392602E2AD53

This is essentially a parody of Real Time Strategy games, with Company of Heroes and Command and Conquer being the main sources of inspiration.

Everything about Stalin vs Martians somehow screams the whole "So bad, its damn good!" flavor. The rather non-sensical but still fun "story" and concept, the intentionally bad sound design, the intentionally ear-grating techno music that plays along with it, the cheesy and vodka flavored Russian accented voice-over work, and the amounts of overly flashy and goofy effects that accompany the gameplay basically parodies Command and Conquer Red Alert, a series of RTS from the C&C line that somehow became rather goofy in Red Alert 2 and especially Red Alert 3, and Company of Heroes - a series of WWII RTS games that people thought be the "man's alternative" to the likes of C&C and Starcraft.

Stalin vs Martians is a game that should be played to be believed. I cannot talk about it anymore since i cannot give justice on how epic this game is.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 8, 2016
decades before the first smash brothers, there was a konami title called wai wai world for the famicom where characters from different konami franchises (from back in the 80s) join forces and mix their talents together to fight each others' enemies in a variety of sidescrolling levels

you get to play as simon belmont, mikey from goonies, and goemon which are the ones best known in the west plus a bunch of characters from games that haven't been brought outside japan... plus near the end you can ride either vic viper or twinbee as you shmup your way into the red falcon base (from contra), so there's also that

Back